PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing noise

Arr MiHardies
11-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, three weeks into my new spyder rt. about 1100 miles on it now. Today, a strange buzzing sound started. It only occurs when I am both moving and giving throttle to the bike. Hard to figure out where it is coming from since it's hard to track down while riding. Definitely seems to be coming from in front of me, and mostly centered, not mostly left or right, and happens at several RPMs. It is driving me batty.

From an audible frequency standpoint, it is right in the middle of the range. Not high pitch nor low pitch. Nearly dead center. Hard to tell if it is metal or plastic. Could be both and is audible at freeway speeds. I have the audio package, but I often prefer it off.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be?

pro10is
11-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Mine makes a buzzing sound when I use the brakes. Does not come from the wheels but from under the hood.

Arr MiHardies
11-16-2011, 11:56 PM
I know the buzzing sound you are talking about during stopping, which sounds more like something electronic firing on and off very quickly (ABS maybe?) This buzz is more akin to a rattle.

ARtraveler
11-17-2011, 12:08 AM
:welcome::congrats: on the ryde.

Farmboy
11-17-2011, 06:52 AM
your front rotors have holes in them, makes a buzzing sound when I put on the brakes. This maybe is what your hearing?

Arr MiHardies
11-17-2011, 10:46 AM
your front rotors have holes in them, makes a buzzing sound when I put on the brakes. This maybe is what your hearing?

I've already stated it only occurs while throttling at speed. It is not the braking sound.

Bob Denman
11-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Since you're not sure if it's metal or plastic; try wedging a bit of foam under a corner of your Frunklid and close it down... Take a run and see if that was it... I suggest this only because that's a big piece of Tupperware, it might just be the one most prone to shaking...

Arr MiHardies
11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm actually thinking it might be the c clip that connects to the rod on the front most hinge of the windshield.

Bob Denman
11-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Throw some tape over it to change how it can vibrate and see if it makes a difference... Good luck! :thumbup:

spydersinohio
11-17-2011, 05:34 PM
mine makes a buzzing from the ignition key try putting your hand over it or push down on the key. There a post on here about that and a fix

Arr MiHardies
11-17-2011, 06:05 PM
mine makes a buzzing from the ignition key try putting your hand over it or push down on the key. There a post on here about that and a fix

Hadn't thought that it might be the key. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Arr MiHardies
11-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Hadn't thought that it might be the key. I'll check it out. Thanks!

definitely not the key. Seeming its probably that c clip of the front windshield hinge.