PDA

View Full Version : I AM NOW OFFICIALLY A 'BIKER'!

bruisersbaby
11-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Friday, Bruiser and I rode the Spyder in our Veteran's Day parade with the Guardian Brotherhood RC, of which he is a member. Had a great time and also attended the dedication of the New Veterans' Memorial. Very moving. Saturday, we were to meet the Brotherhood again for a car and bike show. I had told Bruiser if he wanted to ride his Vulcan that I could drive the car. He asked me if I wanted to ryde the Spyder and he would ride the Vulcan. After a lot of debating, thinking, fear and determination, I rode the Spyder on the highway and in town. I'm not all the way there yet, but more seat time means better driving! :2excited:

warp10
11-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Congrats, you are on your way now.

Paula(Butch2025)
11-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Congrats!! Doesn't it feel good to get that first time over with?!?! Before you know it, you'll be zipping along the big boys!:congrats:
--Paula

Lamonster
11-14-2011, 01:22 AM
:thumbup:

Al Bragg
11-14-2011, 06:44 AM
:thumbup: :cheers:

joe schmoe
11-14-2011, 06:57 AM
:ohyea::2thumbs:

GloryRyders
11-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Way to go :2thumbs:

Pandy
11-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Triker?

CJ/johnnyg
11-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Its scary at first but the more you do it the more comfortable you will get. Then its second nature, :2thumbs:

flamingobabe
11-14-2011, 08:03 AM
you go girl!!!! now just get out and ryde!!!

Love2Ride
11-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Everytime you ride it's going to get better and better. :) I remember my third or fourth ride. It was so different from the first and second. You'll be surprised at how much more comfortable and confident you get with each ride.

Keep up the good work and stay safe. :)

bruisersbaby
11-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Triker?

Yes, me pictured here! To everyone else - thanks for the continued encouragement!! :D

CyncySpyder
11-14-2011, 11:18 AM

ThreeFeet
11-14-2011, 01:03 PM
:welcome::congrats:Keep on a goin!!!You'll have a blast and then before ya know it THE SPYDER IS YOUR'S!!!! Let him get his own:joke:. Enjoy.:2thumbs:

GASpyderLady
11-14-2011, 02:50 PM
I understand your fear about the highway - it does feel better every time. Yesterday I was on a busy highway at dusk into night, with a small group so I could not leave earilier. That would have paniced me two months ago!

This weekend I showed this thread to a long time friend who sometimes rides with me. I did so to show her the supportive nature of the group.

She has always been a passenger on a boyfriend's bike. She is toying with the idea of getting her own Spyder. In fact, just ten minutes ago she texted me that she has signed up for a MSF basic course to get her license.

She may even come with me to Spyderfest in April. The question will be; will she be helping me drive or on her own Spyder? Only time will tell.

Keep up the good riding - one challange at a time. At some point your hubby will be forced to stay on the two wheeler.... or buy a second Spyder

dancogan
11-14-2011, 03:05 PM
...I rode the Spyder on the highway and in town. I'm not all the way there yet, but more seat time means better driving! :2excited:

A lot of us can still remember the fear, anxiety and excitement we felt on some of our first solo rides. The more you ride the better you'll feel. We're lucky to live near a small industrial park, so after work I could go over there and practice different maneuvers with no traffic to worry about. You can set up cones to weave through, or a line to practice stopping exactly where you want.

Congratulations and good luck. :thumbup:

Hawk Eye
11-14-2011, 05:02 PM
:congrats: It just gets better with miles.

Hawk Eye :yes: :yes::2thumbs:

bruisersbaby
11-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks all! Yes, the Vulcan is his, and I may let him 'drive' the Spyder once in a while, but don't think I'll be a passenger that much anymore!!

RydeOn3Wyfe
04-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Its scary at first but the more you do it the more comfortable you will get. Then its second nature, :2thumbs:

I agree:thumbup::f_spider: the more riding you do the better you will feel with yourself and your 3 legged friend :ani29:

bruisersbaby
06-14-2012, 09:20 PM
:welcome::congrats:Keep on a goin!!!You'll have a blast and then before ya know it THE SPYDER IS YOUR'S!!!! Let him get his own:joke:. Enjoy.:2thumbs:

Wow! Talk about a prophecy! As of last Saturday (6/9/12) he has a brand new 2012 Viper Red RT!!! And - I'm there and ryding, with an "M" on my license. :ohyea:
:ohyea::ohyea:

Shewhoprays
06-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Super Congrats!!!! Bj:clap:

Huntindawg1962
06-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Wow! Talk about a prophecy! As of last Saturday (6/9/12) he has a brand new 2012 Viper Red RT!!! And - I'm there and ryding, with an "M" on my license. :ohyea:

Yup - and that's how it goes. Now all MODS will cost you guys double, too! Congrats on the "M" - my wife is going through the courses next weekend. She would tell you the same as you already know - the more you ride - the more you like it and want to ride! The fun will be for her that the class next weekend is on two wheel machines :pray:

ARtraveler
06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
:congrats: again on the new ryde.

bruisersbaby
06-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Yup - and that's how it goes. Now all MODS will cost you guys double, too! Congrats on the "M" - my wife is going through the courses next weekend. She would tell you the same as you already know - the more you ride - the more you like it and want to ride! The fun will be for her that the class next weekend is on two wheel machines :pray:

I told him to pick out one or two of the mods on his list for Father's Day. Bless her for taking it on two wheels!! Long story short - I don't do two wheels, and am very happy and comfortable on three. Thanks for the congrats! :ohyea:

spyderflyer
06-15-2012, 09:29 PM
:yes:

SpyderSue
07-03-2012, 09:57 PM
I just bought my Spyder last Thursday. Got on a plane Friday morning to Kansas City. My guy met me, and we rode to Hopkins to pick up my Spyder. I then had to ryde 635 miles back to Colorado - I had tried to ride a motorcycle, got my endorsement etc. and could not get comfortable or relax at all. I would get sick to my stomach when we planned a ride. Now, I am looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can get on my Spyder and ride the Rockies where I live. Nervous? Hell yes. Willing to work through it until I am good at this thing - oh yeah. After 635 miles of straight roads, 65 MPH most of the time, I need to figure out the mountain road thing. It is all about saddle time.

Congrats! And when you come to Colorado, look me up!

bruisersbaby
07-14-2012, 06:29 PM
I just bought my Spyder last Thursday. Got on a plane Friday morning to Kansas City. My guy met me, and we rode to Hopkins to pick up my Spyder. I then had to ryde 635 miles back to Colorado - I had tried to ride a motorcycle, got my endorsement etc. and could not get comfortable or relax at all. I would get sick to my stomach when we planned a ride. Now, I am looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can get on my Spyder and ride the Rockies where I live. Nervous? Hell yes. Willing to work through it until I am good at this thing - oh yeah. After 635 miles of straight roads, 65 MPH most of the time, I need to figure out the mountain road thing. It is all about saddle time.

Congrats! And when you come to Colorado, look me up!

635 miles on your first ryde?? That is awesome! Since Bruiser traded in his Vulcan on the 2012 RT, I am a lot more comfortable ryding behind him. I was always so concerned and nervous when he was on two wheels, not because of his riding (he's an excellent rider) but because of the idiot cagers on the roads. Would be great to get to Colorado some day. Keep getting the saddle time and ryde on, syster!!

:2thumbs: