PDA

View Full Version : My friend loved my Trike so he made this video of my Spyder.

ValleySpyder
11-11-2011, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuLd_8Hy3I

MarkLawson
11-11-2011, 02:50 PM
HEY PHIL! DID YOU SEE THIS?

Bumblebee67
11-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I love the front graphic's with the spYder lighted up :2thumbs:

JJW SpyderRider
11-11-2011, 09:58 PM
:thumbup: Wow that looks awsome. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Sarge707
11-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Better keep it on a battery tender?

ValleySpyder
11-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Better keep it on a battery tender?

Nope.
I had the Led's put in October 2010 and my Spyder is an '08 and I still have the original Battery and have never used a Battery Tender.

I also live in Connecticut so you know I don't ride this all winter.

I should buy a new battery though before it dies on me.

1VENOM
11-13-2011, 12:43 AM
You have a good friend, who did an excellent video, of you tryke. I like you wheel lites. :2thumbs: Where did you get them? :helpsmilie: Your Spyder in the front all lite up like that, great job. :thumbup::clap:

ValleySpyder
11-13-2011, 02:19 AM
You have a good friend, who did an excellent video, of you tryke. I like you wheel lites. :2thumbs: Where did you get them? :helpsmilie: Your Spyder in the front all lite up like that, great job. :thumbup::clap:

I got the light kit from the Raw Design Team.
You can go to their site.
Metricfats.com
The Spyder plate on the front isn't on their website but you can ask them to make you one.
Maybe they have it on their website now but the last I checked it wasn't there.

Also Youtube my boy's lady's Spyder. The led's are by the Raw Design team also.
Type in Spydercheze to see his and his girl's vehicles.

ThreeFeet
11-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Man I LOVE those wheel lights!!!! can see ya coming and going!!! Awsome!!!!:ohyea::2thumbs::clap:

Phil
11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
HEY PHIL! DID YOU SEE THIS?

I did just now!!! WOW!!! MORE LIGHTS...... MORE LIGHTS.... MORE LIGHTS...

Arr MiHardies
11-15-2011, 02:48 AM
Ive got some wheel lights from gloryder that I love, but they don't illuminate the rear wheel... which I still want to do... How well would this setup work on the rt rear wheel?

ARtraveler
11-15-2011, 12:27 PM
:2thumbs: Nice Lights.

Arr MiHardies
11-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I wonder why those power pucks get power from the bike instead of being basically a mini alternator and generating their own power.

ValleySpyder
11-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Ive got some wheel lights from gloryder that I love, but they don't illuminate the rear wheel... which I still want to do... How well would this setup work on the rt rear wheel?

Here is my girl, Marianne's RT with the Raw Design Led's on all three wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYJyNf30JVQ&feature=channel_video_title

ValleySpyder
11-15-2011, 05:53 PM
I wonder why those power pucks get power from the bike instead of being basically a mini alternator and generating their own power.

It wouldn't need a separate alternator because they are LED's.
They don't take use that much energy.

You can hook up a second battery to your Trike though if you want but I doubt you'd need it unless you run other products also like GPS, stereo and HID's.

If it's just LED's like mine, then no.
You can just play it safe with using a battery tender once in a while but I've never used a tender and I still have my original battery.

Arr MiHardies
11-15-2011, 06:14 PM
It was more a design question in relation to the power pucs. Instead of running wires to get power to the pucs/wheel hub, some small magnets passing across a conductor would power the LEDs by the simple turning of the wheels. As you already said, wouldn't need to be powerful. I guess the downside would be that without a capacitor or battery to store the charge the lights would go out when the bike is stopped.Right now I'm looking at using some led "pods" mounted on the inside exterior of my RTs saddle bag/boxes aimed at my rear wheel to help balance out the gloryders of the front of my bike and trying to decide if these woulD be better or perhaps too much, since I only need the rear lit at ths point.