PDA

View Full Version : Installing Dayrunner LEDs--HELP!!!

ABQ_Spyderman
11-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Okay, let me preface this by saying I'm not a complete idiot. But sometimes when dealing with electrical stuff I can be. I installed my sport rack and backrest no problem. I installed my GloRyders no problem. But for the life of me I'm stuck on the Dayrunner LEDs that I bought from Tricplate. I called Reggy (He's awesome by the way) and he tried to talk me through it--but here's my problem: It shows on the diagram that there is an OEM connector under each arm that goes to the front wheels. I've been under my Spyder now quite a bit and can't find that connector. I don't know if it goes back closer to the bike body and I need to undo that bolt and try to pull everything out, or if I'm just missing something here. The pictures make it look like it's about 1/2 way down the arm, which would give you easy access. If it were that easy I'd be done by now.

Any tips out there from those of you that have installed these? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

--ABQ

fastfraser
11-11-2011, 11:34 AM
The connection is on the bottom of the A arm (one closes to the ground ) about 6-8 inches in from the wheel . Hope this helps ?

ABQ_Spyderman
11-11-2011, 12:40 PM
The connection is on the bottom of the A arm (one closes to the ground ) about 6-8 inches in from the wheel . Hope this helps ?

I thought it was on the upper arm...?

Riker
11-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi,

Getting ready to install mine when it warms. What you are connecting to is the wires from the fender tip lights. As others stated, if you look on the under side of the upper A arm, you will see the connector. If you still can't, trace the wires back from the fender tip light back to the bike, you have to find it then ;).. Hope this helps...

SpyderWolf
11-13-2011, 12:02 PM
My stock connectors were much closer to the center of the Spyder than I was expecting to find them. It took a while for me to locate them as well, they were near the center, between the upper and lower arms of the a frame, and a bit of a pain to get to. Finding them is the hardest part of the install.

ABQ_Spyderman
11-14-2011, 11:37 AM
My stock connectors were much closer to the center of the Spyder than I was expecting to find them. It took a while for me to locate them as well, they were near the center, between the upper and lower arms of the a frame, and a bit of a pain to get to. Finding them is the hardest part of the install.

Thank you SpyderWolf! I was beginning to think I was going crazy. I guess I'll take off the side panels and undo the bolt on the arm and just keep working my way back. Very helpful to know. Thanks!! :clap:

COOLMACHINE
11-14-2011, 12:59 PM
:agree:

Love2Ride
11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Thank you SpyderWolf! I was beginning to think I was going crazy. I guess I'll take off the side panels and undo the bolt on the arm and just keep working my way back. Very helpful to know. Thanks!! :clap:

If I'm not mistaken he had to use my small arms to reach 'em. :)

ABQ_Spyderman
11-14-2011, 05:26 PM
If I'm not mistaken he had to use my small arms to reach 'em. :)

Good thing I have an 8-year old son! :yes:

Rayelljay
06-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I'm havin' the same problem.
Had the whole front end off for new foglights and shock swap so its as clear as it can be all around there.
The loom supplied with the ESI kit seems to indicate something close to the centerline but I'm durned ifn I can find it....gonna keep lookin' termorrow.

ABQ_Spyderman
06-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I'm havin' the same problem.
Had the whole front end off for new foglights and shock swap so its as clear as it can be all around there.
The loom supplied with the ESI kit seems to indicate something close to the centerline but I'm durned ifn I can find it....gonna keep lookin' termorrow.
Mine ended up being all the way underneath. FYI.