PDA

View Full Version : 1st oil change

Legion110Rider
11-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I have 400 miles---I've heard 500, 600, 900---when should I get the 1st change?
How much does it usually cost? Do they check anything else?
When is 2nd change? tY

boborgera
11-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I have 400 miles---I've heard 500, 600, 900---when should I get the 1st change?
How much does it usually cost? Do they check anything else?
When is 2nd change? tY

6 hundred miles, And yes there supposed to check / adjust quite a bit, Your manual that came with your Spyder will list when oil changes are due. And what checks are to be done.

Dudley
11-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Your best reference to when to do it is your Owner's Manual. The cost varies from dealer to dealer. What they "should" check is also in the Owner's Manual. If you have not done so, take time to read it.

NancysToy
11-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Look in your owners manual. The tasks and intervals are listed there in the maintenance schedule. The first maintenance interval is at 625 miles. Most people round this to 600. It is OK to fudge on this a bit. Your dealer can advise you on what he thinks is acceptable. Most do not recommend doing the first service earlier. There are a few other tasks involved in a proper 600 mile service. Your manual specifies them. A good dealer will also inspect the Spyder carefully, and check fasteners for tightness, etc. The cost can vary. Some dealers charge as low as $100, while a few have charged as much as $400 or more. Typically I would expect about two hours at your dealer's normal labor charge, plus oil, filters, and gaskets. I'd say $175 to $250 would be a good average figure, unless you do some of the work yourself.

vendit
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I have my 600 mile service/oil change scheduled for this week. They quoted my around $300. I thought this seemed a little high, but they told me they go over everything on this service from top to bottom, so their is quite a bit of time spent....supposedly! Price includes: oil, filter, any other fluid top offs and lube/grease.