PDA

View Full Version : Opinions/help RE: Heated gloves

Weave2u
11-07-2011, 01:42 PM
So winter is coming on quick and the gloves I bought work well above freezing, but my hands are going to need more warmth I think. I've considered the FirstGear heated gloves, but you have to install a power source. Has anyone done this on a GS/RS? How hard is it? I think I would prefer the type of warmers that are attached to the handlebars that I could slide my gloved hands into, anyone know of such a thing? Thanks for the input!!

daveinva
11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
So winter is coming on quick and the gloves I bought work well above freezing, but my hands are going to need more warmth I think. I've considered the FirstGear heated gloves, but you have to install a power source. Has anyone done this on a GS/RS? How hard is it? I think I would prefer the type of warmers that are attached to the handlebars that I could slide my gloved hands into, anyone know of such a thing? Thanks for the input!!

FirstGear works, so does Gerbing (what I have). Check this thread for more info (search function is our friend ;))... good luck!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?33895-heated-gloves-vests

Mr. White
11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Another consideration is Gerbing battery heated gloves. I have their battery heated vest but have their wired gloves...quality products from this company.

:spyder2:

daveinva
11-07-2011, 02:33 PM
P.S. I don't know about anything *heated* that you slip your hands into, but you may want to look into Hippo Hands wind deflectors.

http://www.hippohands.com/

Also, a week ago I installed the Madstad wind deflectors. Easy as pie to install, and they help cut the wind (not as much as Hippo Hands do, and they're not a replacement for heated grips or gloves, but they still help at an affordable price).

Bob Denman
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
We have a fellow member here who is having troubles with his power steering quitting... :shocked:
It has been suggested by some that, since the DPS draws more wattage than just about anything else on the bike, you've got to be careful about adding too many electricals so that you don't starve the DPS of juice...
(Just a thought...)

boborgera
11-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Tourmaster, Synergy, Has heated jackets where their heated gloves connect to the jacket.
The jacket is rated at;76 w, 6.7 amps
the gloves are 24w, 2.1 amps.
Well within the Spyders charging range.
I never had a problem using them. [3 winters]

Texmac1011
11-07-2011, 08:05 PM
My wife has Warm and Safe gear. A jacket liner and glove liners. The jacket liner connects direct to the battery and the glove liners connect to the sleeves. She has had no problems.

joe schmoe
11-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I have the Gerbing heated gloves and they are toasty warm all the way down to 12 degrees at 80 MPH....Have had them for 6 years and they are still warm and work well...:thumbup::thumbup:

Powerlet is making some good stuff, tried it out at the WingDing show and it is REALLY toasty...My heated jacket liner is starting to fail in the left arm, good time to upgrade..