PDA

View Full Version : I HAVE RZR BURN AND SHE DOESN'T LIKE IT

muskrat
11-07-2011, 07:57 AM
:( Prchased a new RTS in July , but hung on to our 09 spyder just in case, The RTS went into limp mode on day 2 multiple times and went back to dealer, new throttle body resolved that ,then had a lot of bugs with air ride suspension, The first month we hardly saw our new Spyder but we still had a spyder to ride. The dealer Rusty Palmer of Honesdale PA went above and beyond as usual to keep us happy. After some mods to the RTS and the issues resolved we couldnt stay off the new spyder.I got the bright idea to sell the 09 and purchase a Polaris RZR so we could ride together off road as well. She would rather ride with me talking in my ear,taking pics,ocasional kidney punches, and I Love it that way. The 09 is gone and brought our 2012 RZR home saturday. She actually took pics as we said good bye to our spyder and mentioned all the memories. 20 miles in to our first ride with the RZR it started idling rough and bucking or skipping when heavy throttle was applied. It will take off from a stop like a scared rabbitt but if you mouse on it while you are moving it only skips and hesitates almost like the rev limiter is activating?? After going on line I found out the 2012's are made in MEXICO and there are numerous other 2012's with similar issues. The RZR only comes with a six month warranty. I am calling dealer at 9am. It is a new dealer to us anyway and I will be surprised if they are as helpful as our Spyder dealer. I just wanted everyone to know it is not only new Spyders that have issues. The Princess just left for her office and as she went out the door said I bet our Spyder is running fine! :banghead:

Bob Denman
11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Did you get it from Baer's?

muskrat
11-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Did you get it from Baer's? No , although I did check with Baer's I got a slightly better price and a windshield and a roof thrown in from North American Warhorse Dunmore PA.

Bob Denman
11-07-2011, 08:30 AM
I just know how tough it is to escape Honesdale with anything left in my wallet... Those two dealers sure can dispose of the disposable income!

muskrat
11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I just know how tough it is to escape Honesdale with anything left in my wallet... Those two dealers sure can dispose of the disposable income! :agree: I have been treated fairly in Honsdale but have left alot of dead presidents there, MY RZR dealer isnt open on Monday and I am working 12 to 14 hrs a day until FRI night. Not sure how this is going to work out. I just went over it myself ,all connections ,wires , fluids seem to be ok?? I dont yak on the forum often but follow along on a regular basis. Im happy you are on your way to getting your ride back on the street although U may need to atatch ski's to it when its time to bring it home. I have some old sled parts from an old 440 Ariens that u r welcome to if u r intent on riding home. Also was wondering if the NY Gawkers allow just over the boarder PA residents to follow along. If so the Princess and I would like to ride sometime when the weather turns warm again. We understand being from over the boarder We would not be allowed to fly any colors and would have to ride last behind all the Gawkers but that would not be a problem.

mike3069
11-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Speaking of RZR's....

Yesterday I took a great ride through Southwest West Virginia. It was an awesome fall day and as I was driving my Spyder on Buffalo Creek road east out of Man, WV at 62 mph I looked to my left and saw a RZR-S passing me! Not something you will see in most of the rest of the Country.

Bob Denman
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
:agree: I have been treated fairly in Honsdale but have left alot of dead presidents there, MY RZR dealer isnt open on Monday and I am working 12 to 14 hrs a day until FRI night. Not sure how this is going to work out. I just went over it myself ,all connections ,wires , fluids seem to be ok?? I dont yak on the forum often but follow along on a regular basis. Im happy you are on your way to getting your ride back on the street although U may need to atatch ski's to it when its time to bring it home. I have some old sled parts from an old 440 Ariens that u r welcome to if u r intent on riding home. Also was wondering if the NY Gawkers allow just over the boarder PA residents to follow along. If so the Princess and I would like to ride sometime when the weather turns warm again. We understand being from over the boarder We would not be allowed to fly any colors and would have to ride last behind all the Gawkers but that would not be a problem.
Hang onto those skis for me...:roflblack:
The New York Gawkers would never discriminate against anybody for an "accident of geography"! Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

muskrat
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Speaking of RZR's....

Yesterday I took a great ride through Southwest West Virginia. It was an awesome fall day and as I was driving my Spyder on Buffalo Creek road east out of Man, WV at 62 mph I looked to my left and saw a RZR-S passing me! Not something you will see in most of the rest of the Country. My RZR wouldnt pass anything unless I could hook a tow strap to the one you saw yesterday. I do have two coats of wax and the tires blackened so If It does go by it is looking good !

boborgera
11-07-2011, 11:34 AM
I just know how tough it is to escape Honesdale with anything left in my wallet... Those two dealers sure can dispose of the disposable income!

:agree: In the last 6 months i dropped over 45k at Baer',
The other guy in Honesdale is off my list right now, After doing business with him since 1987,[exclusively]
It seems my Spyder problems were too much for them to handle.

ARtraveler
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM
:welcome: