PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the Trunk Decals on my RT

NorthStar
11-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I was never a big fan of the look of the OEM logo on the trunks of my RT. I did however rather fancy the design of the Spyder Decal that Lamont started offering this spring to cover the top of the IPS key fob. So, when Lamont posted a thread a while back announcing that this same design was being transferred to a sticker to replace the OEM stickers I could not pm him fast enough to place my order for two.

Installation was very easy and took a relatively short time (15 minutes). The first step was to apply heat to the existing stickers with the use of a heat gun on low temperature (a hair dryer would work as well). Using a flat head screw driver and heat I was able to gently remove both stickers in under a minute each. Next, using a rag and some Goo Gone (adhesive remover), I removed the remaining adhesive backing from the mounting surface. My final step was to thoroughly clean the surface with rubbing alcohol before carefully mounting the new decals to a dry surface.

Thanks for the great product Lamont. My only regret is that I did not order a third one for the trailer.

Lamonster
11-06-2011, 05:46 PM
:2thumbs: Looks great
I do have a few left :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36242&d=1320616919

CyncySpyder
11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
:thumbup::thumbup: