PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR 4 STAR DEALERS

sealfloorboards
11-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a list of really top notch dealers to offer my Seal FloorBoards to. What better way than to go straight to the source....Spyder owners. If you have a Dealer that really did the deal for you, I would appreciate knowing who it is. It's a win win. The really "Stand-up" Dealers get a shout-out and the not so great may get a needed wake-up call. Who would you recommend?

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards.com

Dragonrider
11-05-2011, 09:36 AM
John, let me know if you find one up here....

Mexican
11-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Good luck finding one:spyder:

Trickie Dick
11-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Look in the Haystack. They are right next to the needle. :shocked:

JJW SpyderRider
11-05-2011, 10:00 AM
You know of Cowtown but I would also suggest Jim Potts in Woodstock, IL. Jim is a platinum dealer and has been very willing to do upgrades (think of Mr. Orange). I doubt my dealer could figure out how to install them. Good luck John!

tuck
11-05-2011, 10:08 AM
For what its worth, I've been treated very well by Roundys in Spokane.

tobor9
11-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a list of really top notch dealers to offer my Seal FloorBoards to. What better way than to go straight to the source....Spyder owners. If you have a Dealer that really did the deal for you, I would appreciate knowing who it is. It's a win win. The really "Stand-up" Dealers get a shout-out and the not so great may get a needed wake-up call. Who would you recommend?

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards.com
Sofia & I have been very happy with Velocity Powersports here in Ladson,SC

Macca
11-05-2011, 10:25 AM
You know of Cowtown but I would also suggest Jim Potts in Woodstock, IL. Jim is a platinum dealer and has been very willing to do upgrades (think of Mr. Orange). I doubt my dealer could figure out how to install them. Good luck John!

Jim Potts in Woodstock IL gets my vote also. They already offer a multitude of mods.

arntufun
11-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Can I ask you two questions ??? Why do you care what dealers are good to offer your floorboards to ??? Bad dealers will have no reflection on a product that will never need servicing by them. Don't take food out of your mouth because of the back room shop of some dealer depts. If any tech in the country couldn't install a set of floorboards, they have no business touching any part of the Spyder. Although I'm not a floorboard kind of guy, I want you to succeed and wish you the best of luck in your small business.:thumbup:

Trust me, a bad dealers service dept will not make John at Seal Floorboards look bad. Offer a good product at a fair price and you will not have anything to worry about. Not everyone who owns a Spyder is on Spyderlovers and you would be doing yourself and your family a dis-service by not tapping into every available marketplace you can. Which brings me to my final question for you. Why are you not on ebay ??? I see IPS key covers, Baja's oil filters but no seal floorboards. I'm sure 90% of the average Spyder owner hits ebay first when looking for Spyder Accessories. Another marketplace you are missing out on.

These are only my opinions to promote your product, nothing more. I tried to type this in a way that would not offend anyone and I hope everyone perceives it in that way. I have nothing but good intentions with this post. Just from reading your posts on this forum you seem like a great guy with a good product. Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do. :thumbup:

sealfloorboards
11-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Can I ask you two questions ??? Why do you care what dealers are good to offer your floorboards to ??? Bad dealers will have no reflection on a product that will never need servicing by them. Don't take food out of your mouth because of the back room shop of some dealer depts. If any tech in the country couldn't install a set of floorboards, they have no business touching any part of the Spyder. Although I'm not a floorboard kind of guy, I want you to succeed and wish you the best of luck in your small business.:thumbup:

Trust me, a bad dealers service dept will not make John at Seal Floorboards look bad. Offer a good product at a fair price and you will not have anything to worry about. Not everyone who owns a Spyder is on Spyderlovers and you would be doing yourself and your family a dis-service by not tapping into every available marketplace you can. Which brings me to my final question for you. Why are you not on ebay ??? I see IPS key covers, Baja's oil filters but no seal floorboards. I'm sure 90% of the average Spyder owner hits ebay first when looking for Spyder Accessories. Another marketplace you are missing out on.

These are only my opinions to promote your product, nothing more. I tried to type this in a way that would not offend anyone and I hope everyone perceives it in that way. I have nothing but good intentions with this post. Just from reading your posts on this forum you seem like a great guy with a good product. Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do. :thumbup:

I appreciate you taking the time and thought you put into your reply. Certainly no offense taken on my part. As to your 1st question, I want stand-up companies because I believe a dealer who treats his customers fairly and honestly probably runs his whole business that way, including the vendors he deals with. I have a number of dealers now and I don't run a background check on how nice they are. They have sought me out. It costs a certain amount of time, money and effort to set up a good dealer so it makes good sense to put my efforts into those dealerships with a good reputation and most likely sell more product than the poor ones. To me it's just good business to search out the best when I consider my business to be that.

As to Ebay, I have no good answer. My first year was about learning and making the best possible product I could. It was an amazing year, beyond all my hopes and expectations. This second year is about continuing to grow and learn. Believe me, you will see me n Ebay this year. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rid in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards.com

boborgera
11-05-2011, 03:51 PM
I want stand-up companies because I believe a dealer who treats his customers fairly and honestly probably runs his whole business that way, including the vendors he deals with. I have a number of dealers now and I don't run a background check on how nice they are. They have sought me out. It costs a certain amount of time, money and effort to set up a good dealer so it makes good sense to put my efforts into those dealerships with a good reputation and most likely sell more product than the poor ones. To me it's just good business to search out the best when I consider my business to be that.

Rid in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards.com

My personal opinion, If i have had a problem with a particular dealer, I won't buy a bag of peanuts from them let alone something for my ride at any cost, Stick with 4 star dealers.

kentuckyguy
11-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Paducah Power Sports in Paducah Ky has alway treated me very well.. I have bought 2 Spyders from them..

sealfloorboards
11-06-2011, 09:23 AM
My personal opinion, If i have had a problem with a particular dealer, I won't buy a bag of peanuts from them let alone something for my ride at any cost, Stick with 4 star dealers.

My point exactly:2thumbs:

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards.com

arntufun
11-06-2011, 11:16 AM

My point exactly:2thumbs:

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards.com

I understand both of your points to a certain degree. My point is, if Johns product is hanging on the wall at the bad dealers that person that looks at them is now introduced to the product. Even if the person does not buy the product at the bad dealer, they know what the name of the product is and what it looks like to go elsewhere to purchase. Exposure is exposure no matter what or where it is.

Bob might not buy a bag of peanuts at a bad dealer but one things for sure, that does not mean Bob will not buy a bag of peanuts elsewhere. Just sayin. Again, these are only my opinions with good intentions. :thumbup:

sealfloorboards
11-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Lots of good feedback, keep it coming. My list is growing nicely. As it grows I will share it with you all. Hopefully it will help future Spyder owners choose the best dealer in their area. I think it's good info. not just for me, but for all of us.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards.com