Holly
11-04-2011, 06:49 PM

arntufun
11-04-2011, 08:54 PM
i hope that doesn't pi$$ some people off:roflblack::banghead:

Unlike your thread about Charlie Sheen ??? :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-05-2011, 11:30 AM
:agree: You know Roger; for a guy who owns a Boa Ski you are an exceptional dude! :clap: :firstplace: :D

Do you want me to check on that Rupp for you??

Holly
11-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.”

Bob Denman
11-05-2011, 01:12 PM
:thumbup: How introspective should we be with this one? :shocked:
Most days; the first thing that I do is check the obituaries... If I don't see my name I just cuss a little and go get ready for work...:gaah:
If I SEE my name... then I'm definitely sleeping in! :roflblack:

See... I may not be deep, but I am as unclear as the thickest mud... :roflblack:

MarkLawson
11-05-2011, 03:19 PM
To regret anything is illogical.
You can't change what was so it's better to live life as if there aren't any do overs,which of course there aren't.

I disagree. To have no regrets would greatly reduce the desire to do better. Regret also leads to repentance.

ARtraveler
11-05-2011, 03:53 PM
:2thumbs: On the thought for the day.

Sarge707
11-05-2011, 05:02 PM
I,m having extreme confusion :yikes:contemplating :chat:the enormity of the various words:hun:?

bruiser
11-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Just don't forget to reset time tonight or you'll have regrets in the morning :roflblack:

boborgera
11-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Cogitating over something that is unchangeable is, IMHO, a very, very big waste of time.

:hun: Without referring to a dictionary to figure out what the heck every one talking about.
When i do something, And i regret what i did, I make sure i don't do it again.
To simplify it, When ever i get my ATV stuck, [as in buried] I make sure I never get stuck in the same spot again. But i don't consider my self wise, Because a wise Man learns from other peoples mistakes, not his own!!

MarkLawson
11-05-2011, 07:07 PM
A very distinguished & successful business tycoon was being interviewed at his retirement party. Being a man of few words, the interview was short:

"To what do you attribute your extraordinary success?"

"Wise decisions."

"How did you learn to make wise decisions?"

"Bad decisions."

Phil
11-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Maybe the issue is equating "regret" with "dwell".

In my experience I can regret a snarky comment I make in haste to my bride and say I'm sorry then move on. That is good regret. If I mentally flog myself and dwell on it, that is wrong and of no use and it is a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Holly
11-05-2011, 10:28 PM
From Discover magazine
Efforts to understand time below the Planck scale have led to an exceedingly strange juncture in physics. The problem, in brief, is that time may not exist at the most fundamental level of physical reality. If so, then what is time? And why is it so obviously and tyrannically omnipresent in our own experience? “The meaning of time has become terribly problematic in contemporary physics,” says Simon Saunders, a philosopher of physics at the University of Oxford. “The situation is so uncomfortable that by far the best thing to do is declare oneself an agnostic."

The trouble with time started a century ago, when Einstein’s special and general theories of relativity demolished the idea of time as a universal constant.One consequence is that the past, present, and future are not absolutes.

​So, all thiine ngs being relative, time is both subjective and perhaps non existent.

Time does not exist in the most fundamental level of physical reality. Man created it.

Holly
11-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Just don't forget to reset time tonight or you'll have regrets in the morning :roflblack:

Way to go bruiser :thumbup: . !

Holly
11-05-2011, 10:49 PM
how is this supposed to work? do we comment on your thoughts for the day? or do we just add our own. this IS spyderlovers, everything MUST be analyzed to the ENTH :roflblack:degree.:yikes::shocked::dontknow::roflb lack:

Y'all can do whatever you like. My intentions are just to post a thought every day, and you can comment on it if you like, :chat: or post your own thoughts. I like to analyze stuff......( And people ). I figure it's a place people can come when they've read all the new stuff for the day. Glad you're checking it out.! :clap:

Ga Blue Knight
11-06-2011, 04:23 AM
how is this supposed to work? do we comment on your thoughts for the day? or do we just add our own. this IS spyderlovers, everything MUST be analyzed to the ENTH :roflblack:degree.:yikes::shocked::dontknow::roflb lack:

Now what do you mean by "Work" is it work as in a job or the unit of physics?

What is "Thought," does it really exist?

What do you mean by "IS"? And why is it in caps, are you trying to tell us something?

The use of "ENTH" in caps and in place of the term "Nth" indicate hostility, so who are you really mad at?
:joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Chick
11-06-2011, 07:43 AM
I disagree. To have no regrets would greatly reduce the desire to do better. Regret also leads to repentance.

:agree: AMEN, Brother, AMEN!!!! :clap:

Bob Denman
11-06-2011, 09:50 AM
cogitate was a favorite word of a relative of mine.
It's probably isn't in current use too much.

Well I'll be ruminating over your cogitating! :roflblack:

"Time is relative..."
I used to have an uncle who looked at his watch way too often! :D He got hit by a bus while walking along the road... :shocked:

granpa in Cincy
11-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Regret also leads to repentance.

Sometimes. Not always.

Bob Denman
11-06-2011, 01:52 PM
It's a good thing to remember our mistakes so that we can LEARN from them...
I guess that's why I'm so :cus: smart! :roflblack:; I make lots of mistakes just for the education that they provide! :thumbup:

Holly
11-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Food for Thought...
I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest asset or heaviest burden.
I will push you up to success or down to disappointment.
I am at your command.
Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me.
For I can do them quickly, correctly, and profitably.
I am easily managed: just be firm with me.
Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machine, though I work with the precision of a machine and the intelligence of a person.
You can run me for profit, or you can run me for ruin.
Show me how you want it done. Educate me. Train me.
Lead me. Reward me.
And I will then...do it automatically.
I am your servant.
Who am I?
I am a habit.

bruiser
11-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I regret to announce I'm finished with this thread.

bruiser
11-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Not!!! Habits are hard to break. The concenus is it takes 24 days to make something a habit. So, what habits do you have? Don't confuse habits with a compulsion.

bruisersbaby
11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I guess my biggest habit is 31+ years married to Bruiser, and what a great habit that is. Or, could this be a compulsion? Now I've confused myself. What can I learn from this? I don't regret it one bit, so no repentence needed. And......what is cogitating again? :pray::pray: :ohyea::ohyea:

Bob Denman
11-07-2011, 07:26 AM
:clap::roflblack:
Bravo!!
Now... what do you do for an encore?

Habits...
I am a creature of my routines and habits... But no regrets! :D

zrc
11-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.

Holly
11-07-2011, 05:47 PM
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

Bob Denman
11-07-2011, 06:03 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_5_11.gif

boborgera
11-07-2011, 07:08 PM
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

I don't knowabouthat; I know I'm just an average driver,
Every one else is below average.

tconaagt
11-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Remember: Don't make old People mad.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

bruiser
11-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Easily pissed off
and Heavily armed :mad: :mad:

[/QUOTE]

Bob Denman
11-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Careful... You know how much I like firepower... :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_19.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_12.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_2.gif

Holly
11-08-2011, 05:57 PM
It's[] (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/#_msocom_1) true that we dont know what we've got until we lose it,but its also true that we dont know what we've been missing until it arrives [H1] (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/#_msoanchor_1)

max continuous
11-08-2011, 06:30 PM
A man never truly owns anything unless he can carry it in both arms at a dead run!
Max

Radthorne
11-08-2011, 11:00 PM
It's[] (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/#_msocom_1) true that we dont know what we've got until we lose it,but its also true that we dont know what we've been missing until it arrives[H1] (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/#_msoanchor_1)

Spoken like a lady who's hoping for an RT... :roflblack::roflblack:

Holly
11-09-2011, 06:01 AM

How did you know that's what I was thinking of . LOL !!!!! BTW, I love your artwork. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-09-2011, 07:40 AM
I was thinking the same thing, Rad... :thumbup:
Arntu,
This may just be an old and overly-married guy talking; Pay close attention to her Christmas list... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_83v.gif

arntufun
11-09-2011, 08:03 AM

I was thinking the same thing, Rad... :thumbup:
Arntu,
This may just be an old and overly-married guy talking; Pay close attention to her Christmas list... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_83v.gif

Dont start your :cus:. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Just trying to keep you out of the Doghouse; my friend!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_14.gif

bruiser
11-09-2011, 08:53 PM
As a great man once said "We don't know what we don't know".

Radthorne
11-10-2011, 12:06 AM
How did you know that's what I was thinking of . LOL !!!!! BTW, I love your artwork. :thumbup:

Thank you, ma'am! :) It keeps me out of trouble while glued to the computer screen and getting cramps in my mouse fingers... :D

So, there's that video posted here on the board of a very nice man buying his wife an RS and filming her joyful reaction. I'm envisioning arntufun doing the same with the new RT when it arrives... :roflblack:

Holly
11-10-2011, 06:38 AM
“Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/since_light_travels_faster_than_sound-people/327849.html) "

CyncySpyder
11-10-2011, 07:48 AM
“Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/since_light_travels_faster_than_sound-people/327849.html) "

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Or...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think that you're an idiot, rather than speaking up and removing all doubt... :opps:

Holly
11-10-2011, 05:58 PM
“Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts. (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/prejudice_is_a_great_time_saver-you_can_form/204569.html)"

bruiser
11-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes, and opinions are like a_ _ _oles, everyone has one!

granpa in Cincy
11-11-2011, 06:33 AM
My dad used to say, everybody has one and some people are one.

My dad used to wonder why there where more horses asses than there were horses.

Bob Denman
11-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes, and opinions are like a_ _ _oles, everyone has one!

And some just don't pass the "Smell test" as well as others... :shocked:

Holly
11-11-2011, 05:33 PM
"It's as BAD as you think, and they ARE out to get you." :yikes:

bruiser
11-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm always checking 6.

Bob Denman
11-12-2011, 04:02 PM
:agree: If you're going to be "anoied"; go for paranoid and lleave the lightweights at home...:thumbup::shocked:

Holly
11-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.

bruiser
11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Hmmm, I have to ponder my answer to this one. In the mean time consider this;

"Be what you is
Don't be what you ain't
'cause if you ain't what you is
you is what you ain't"
Jeff & Sheri Easter

Bob Denman
11-13-2011, 09:19 AM
:shocked::hun: :agree: I think... :roflblack:
So you shouldn't be complaining about the neighbor's yard until your own is perfect; right??

Holly
11-13-2011, 08:15 PM
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrariwise; what it is it wouldn’t be, and what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?

ronv
11-13-2011, 09:38 PM
__it Happens - Deal with it!

Ron

Rayelljay
11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Kinda Lewis Carroll-ish.......certainly shows the necessity of punctuation doesn't it...?

Phil
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrariwise; what it is it wouldn’t be, and what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?

It's not what is, that is. But what you THINK that is, that is.

Bob Denman
11-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Kinda Lewis Carroll-ish.......

I didn't know that Lewis Carroll grew his own mushrooms... :shocked: FAR OUT, MAN!

Rayelljay
11-14-2011, 01:54 PM
There's a lot of speculation as to what pharmaceuticals Carroll ingested. His writings are straight from a helluva trip....kinda like "Tommy".
For a laugh, you should go to youtube and search on Professor Stanley Unwin.

rnet
11-14-2011, 05:29 PM

36813Can you turn that picture around, I don't understand it.:roflblack:

Holly
11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.
:shemademe_smilie:

bruiser
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Now that makes sense.

Holly
11-14-2011, 07:39 PM
That's no nonsense .

Bob Denman
11-15-2011, 08:15 AM
:agree::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdow n::bowdown::bowdown::firstplace:
Will you drag the "2nd in the Comand" to the monitor and show him this now? :roflblack:

arntufun
11-15-2011, 09:10 AM
:agree::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdow n::bowdown::bowdown::firstplace:
Will you drag the "2nd in the Comand" to the monitor and show him this now? :roflblack:

I understand Holly. :lecturef_smilie: I understand her place is in the room with the stove and sink. :roflblack::joke::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-15-2011, 09:22 AM
I made the mistake of saying that once... I don't remember what happened, but it was MONTHS before I could walk without leaving a trail of bodily fluids... :shocked:

rnet
11-15-2011, 12:12 PM
I made the mistake of saying that once... I don't remember what happened, but it was MONTHS before I could walk without leaving a trail of bodily fluids... :shocked:Now Bob, don't let manhood down.:yikes:

Bob Denman
11-15-2011, 01:40 PM
:shocked: :opps:
Ron,
You know what can happen if Momma ain't happy! :yikes:

bruiser
11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I've said it before: Happy wife, Happy life.

Phil
11-15-2011, 09:22 PM
I've said it before: Happy wife, Happy life.

Treat her like a queen.... She will treat you like a king.

Holly
11-16-2011, 06:04 AM
"Of the Good in you I can speak, but not of the Evil.
For what is Evil but Good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?
When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves,
and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Bob Denman
11-16-2011, 09:31 AM
:shocked: Way too deep for this boy on a Wednesday... :opps:

Holly
11-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Why did the chicken cross the road ?............

( to find out, click on this link )

http://philosophy.eserver.org/chicken.txt

bruiser
11-16-2011, 08:08 PM
We all have an evil side. It is suppressed more in some than others.

Bob Denman
11-17-2011, 08:35 AM
My Thought For The Day...
I Miss our Pug! We had to have Ozzie put to sleep yesterday.
For such a little dog; it has torn a Clydesdale-sized hole in our lives...

arntufun
11-17-2011, 09:04 AM
My Thought For The Day...
I Miss our Pug! We had to have Ozzie put to sleep yesterday.
For such a little dog; it has torn a Clydesdale-sized hole in our lives...

Sorry to hear that Bob. :(

muskrat
11-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Sorry about Ozzie, We put down the family Border Collie who had a bout with lyme disease over a year ago and have not replaced him yet.

Bob Denman
11-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Ozzie was also a victim of Lyme's... In spite of all of the vaccinations and boosters he must have just run into the wrong tick... It crippled him up real bad with arthritus to the point that he could barely get our of bed...
He suffered far more than he deserved... A tough; but correct decision had to be made...
Now i'm going to go home and have another good cry... I'm just an old softie when it comes to dogs and this one has been tough...

muskrat
11-17-2011, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;391529]Ozzie was also a victim of Lyme's... In spite of all of the vaccinations and boosters he must have just run into the wrong tick... It crippled him up real bad with arthritus to the point that he could barely get our of bed...
He suffered far more than he deserved... A tough; but correct decision had to be made...
Now i'm going to go home and have another good cry... I'm just an old softie when it comes to dogs and this one has been tough...[/QUOT

We have a small pet cemetary on the backside of the farm that has three dogs from over the years, One has a cross and a flagstone gravemarker. So I totaly understand.

CyncySpyder
11-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Ozzie was also a victim of Lyme's... In spite of all of the vaccinations and boosters he must have just run into the wrong tick... It crippled him up real bad with arthritus to the point that he could barely get our of bed...
Now i'm going to go home and have another good cry... I'm just an old softie when it comes to dogs and this one has been tough...

Wow, this is tuff, we're both gonna say a lil prayer for you tonight Bob. Loosing a family member is always hard :(

Bob Denman
11-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Teddy's right...
Thanks...

Holly
11-17-2011, 07:20 PM
A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life .........

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Bob....:pray:

bruiser
11-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Our sympathies to you Bob. We lost our huskey/wolf Maxx about 6 years ago and we still miss him. We had to have our little kitty put down 9 years ago and she broke my old hard heart.

Spydeb
11-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Sorry for your loss Bob. The love from a dog is irreplaceable. My thoughts are with you

Spyderjockey
11-17-2011, 09:48 PM
My heart really goes out to you Bob, I know the terrible feeling of grief and loss you are going through right now. I have lost so many good buddies over the years and each had a special place in my heart and family. Don't be afraid to cry over your loss I still do when I think of these special loved ones and their unconditional love! Will keep you in my thoughts.

zrc
11-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Bob,

I might not be a veteran member or someone you know well, but I also am sorry for your loss. Over 2 years ago I lost my first inside dog. I had never owned a little dog or one that lived inside, growing up my father was allergic and I just never really got passed that until I got a Yorkie for my exwife. Not long after I ended up with 2 and then a shih tzu. I lost my Yorkie to a spinal infection, then I lost my other yorkie and shih tzu in a divorce. To be honest of all the things that happened to me the hole in my life from the loss of my pets was harder than anything else. I will offer all the good energy, karma, and prayers I can for you. Since that time a new pet has entered my life and she is my constant companion and honestly probably my best friend (as much as she can be). We will both think about you and your family.

I hope and pray for healing in your life!

Papa
11-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Bob
Truly sorry for your loss.

Bob Denman
11-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks guys...
Kathy and I are both hanging in there for right now... It's kind of funny how it takes a person whose life has been blessed with such unconditional love to really understand the depth and breadth of one's sorrow in these situations... We apprecaite all of your thoughts and concern and of course will heal; but we'll never forget... Kathy is donating his bed and toys to the local shelter so that those little guys might have their lots in life improved a little...

Bob Denman
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks Roger,
I'm glad to see that you've returned; I would have of course rather that it have been for a happier reason...

Holly
11-18-2011, 06:42 PM
The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat. :roflblack:

coz
11-18-2011, 07:48 PM
why did the chicken cross the road?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to prove to the opossum that it can be done:yikes::roflblack::clap::clap::clap::clap:

GeoffCee
11-19-2011, 12:39 PM
The trouble with time started a century ago, when Einstein’s special and general theories of relativity demolished the idea of time as a universal constant.One consequence is that the past, present, and future are not absolute.

Try living as though the past, present and future are not absolute and see where it gets you. The question is where would you like to start? Yesterday, so you'll have a little history and know who you are? Or today for the ultimate fresh beginning? Or tomorrow, giving you time to put your affairs in order? (What affairs are those, if your first day is to be tomorrow?)

See, the trouble with deep thinkers is that we all too readily take notice of their deliberations. It's our fatally flawed fascination with giant intellects and groups of intellectuals that gave us the nuclear bomb and the {false} religion of Climate Change. I put it no stronger than that. :lecturef_smilie:

thehawk
11-19-2011, 08:53 PM
... the device in the universe which is to keep everything from happening at once.

Lately it's been doing a lousy job!!

thehawk

Arr MiHardies
11-20-2011, 02:26 AM
Since mankind doesn't face and won't face any serious problems the average Corrie viewer can't figure out in 22 minutes
we should just stop listening to those with IQs above room temperature because someone figured out how to make a weapon
from Maxwell's equations.

I'd listen to someone with an IQ above room temperature... of course, I live in the desert where it gets quite hot.

This also assumes you measure temperature on the Fahrenheit scale. Otherwise you'd be listening to nearly everyone.

GeoffCee
11-20-2011, 05:34 AM
...we should just stop listening to those with IQs above room temperature because someone figured out how to make a weapon from Maxwell's equations.

No matter how pure the science, Mankind always seems ready for a new weapon. It appears to be universal. For instance, we've got kids in the UK attempting to blind airline pilots on landing approach with school classroom laser pointers. I'm puzzled as to where they get their motivation. :dontknow:

Bob Denman
11-20-2011, 09:34 AM
There's been a bit of that foolishness over here too! :gaah: Don't these morons realize that they can't actually get the beam to do anything other than to upset the Authorities.. Who WILL come looking for you! :yikes:

Holly
11-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon

GeoffCee
11-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon

A depressing observation in a shade of blue. First make me immortal then I'll turn my attention to solving the universal problem of rainy Sunday afternoons, it's the least I could do to show my gratitude. I'm sure I could come up with a solution, given an eternity to think deeply about it. As it is my time is limited so I don't give a rat's ass if it rains or not, it's just weather doin' its thing. :f_spider:

Rayelljay
11-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy. A Spec. Ops. person used a focused beam of light to incapitate a pilot.

Holly
11-21-2011, 07:59 PM
The masters in the art of living make little distinction between their work and their play, their labor and their leisure, their minds and their bodies, their information, their recreation, their love and their religion. They hardly know which is which, they simply pursue their vision of excellence at whatever they do, leaving others to decide whether they are working or playing.

GeoffCee
11-22-2011, 04:29 AM
The masters in the art of living...

Who ARE these people?
Is there a rights-of-passage to become a member of their hedonistic throng?
If I like what I see can I join?

Oh, and finally, as a member will I get a free lapel pin?

:joke:

Bob Denman
11-22-2011, 07:54 AM

Sorry... I'm still chewing on THIS one... :opps:
Sunday afternoons are easy! Either NASCAR or NFL football! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_104v.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_5_4.gif

GeoffCee
11-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Sunday afternoons are easy! Either NASCAR or NFL football! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_104v.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_5_4.gif

You deserve to be made immortal for your honesty! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks! I'll admit to having a comfortable chair that I'm not ashamed to use... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_50.gif

arntufun
11-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks! I'll admit to having a comfortable chair that I'm not ashamed to use... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_50.gif

But your RT is in the shop Bob ! :roflblack::roflblack: I don't care who you are, thats funny right there. :ohyea::ohyea:

Bob Denman
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Why do you keep reminding me of that??? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_38.gif

Bob Denman
11-22-2011, 11:20 AM
The masters in the art of living make little distinction between their work and their play, their labor and their leisure, their minds and their bodies, their information, their recreation, their love and their religion. They hardly know which is which, they simply pursue their vision of excellence at whatever they do, leaving others to decide whether they are working or playing.

Now that I've had a chance to chew on this a bit... Love what you do and you'll never have to work a day in your life! :thumbup:

Holly
11-22-2011, 08:09 PM
If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the world.

Phil
11-23-2011, 12:24 AM
If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the world.

Just ONE of the reasons I give thanks every day, and most particularly this time of year. I AM the blessed 25%.

Phil
11-23-2011, 01:09 AM
You can never make the same mistake twice......... because the second time is not a mistake....... it is a choice.

GeoffCee
11-23-2011, 05:52 AM

I hate these pansy-assed statistics that are trotted out to make us feel like repressors of the poor when we are nothing of the sort. There are those who have more and there are those who have less, it's the way of the world.

Question: And if I am on the world's 25% rich list why am I looking for discounted oil for my Spyder? :doorag: :hun:

arntufun
11-23-2011, 08:39 AM
I hate these pansy-assed statistics that are trotted out to make us feel like repressors of the poor when we are nothing of the sort. There are those who have more and there are those who have less, it's the way of the world.

Question: And if I am on the world's 25% rich list why am I looking for discounted oil for my Spyder? :doorag: :hun:

Thats so you can keep food in the fridge and a roof over your head, to remain rich !!!:roflblack::roflblack:

GeoffCee
11-23-2011, 12:53 PM
[/B]Thats so you can keep food in the fridge and a roof over your head, to remain rich !!!:roflblack::roflblack:

Good lateral thinking, I feel better already. A guy NEEDS food and a roof, right? :thumbup:

(And a bloody expensive Spyder, too, but we won't go too deeply into that, OK?) :opps:

boborgera
11-23-2011, 02:14 PM

:agree: If you take all the money in the world and dived it evenly to all the people, Within 5 or 10 years Most of the same 25% of the people will have it back. It's called using your head and also WORKING for a living.
Thats how they got it in the first place.

Bob Denman
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
:agree::firstplace::bowdown:

Holly
11-23-2011, 07:57 PM
How Much Would This Cost?

One midnight deep in starlight still
I dreamed that I received this bill:
..............In account with life:
Five thousand breathless dawns all new;
Five thousand flowers fresh in dew;
Five thousand sunsets wrapped in gold;
One million snowflakes served ice cold,
Five quiet friends; one baby's love;
One white-mad sea with clouds above;
One hundred music-haunted dreams
Of moon drenched roads and hurrying streams,
One June night in a fragrant wood;
One heart that loved and understood.
I wondered when I woke that day
'How much this would cost if I had to pay?'

GeoffCee
11-24-2011, 11:36 AM
One midnight deep in starlight still
I dreamed that I recieved this bill:

I think it's nice that SpyderLovers suddenly opened up a poets corner. It would be especially good if some bard hereabouts could be persuaded to pen a few lines expressing the pleasure of Spyder riding, or related topics.

The mysterious trike.
I was driving along in the warm light of day
When I espied a three-wheeler goin' the opposite way
Intrigued, I hand-braked, turned my car right around
All four wheels sliding, not gripping the ground
Then I took off on that trike-rider's tail
Dirt flying up from that dusty old trail.

I wish I could tell you that before driving far
I'd seen him pulled over at a roadside bar,
Where I'd stopped, got out, shared a jug of cold beer
With the rider of the trike who had guided me here.
But the truth of the matter, I now must relate
Is stranger than fiction, weirder than fate
And I never met up with my trike-mounted mate.
Speeding along fast, through a dust cloud sent flyin'
Set off my asthma until I felt I was dyin'.
For mile after mile, then the dust suddenly cleared.
He should have been there. But he'd gone. Disappeared.

I believe not in demons, nor things that aren't true
Like goblins, or trikers, casting dark spells on you.
I live in the real world, the world of Can-Am
Where all mysteries are known, (at least that's their plan).
But I'd love to know what happened, the day I gave chase,
Losing a trike in a dust cloud means I also lose face.
So it isn't very often I recall the weird tale
Of the trike that vanished on that dusty old trail.

Holly
11-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Let not your mind run on what you lack as much as on what you have already. Of the things you have, select the best; and then reflect how eagerly they would have been sought after, had you not had them

Bob Denman
11-25-2011, 10:06 AM
:shocked: This is just too deep for a guy whose belly is still so full of turkey and stuffing that he can't breathe without his belt cutting off the circulation to his butt... :shocked:

GeoffCee
11-25-2011, 12:34 PM
:shocked: This is just too deep for a guy whose belly is still so full of turkey and stuffing that he can't breathe without his belt cutting off the circulation to his butt... :shocked:

I'll summarise for you, Bob.
It's to do with being grateful for what you've got.
In your case, indigestion! :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-25-2011, 12:41 PM
:shocked: You mean all that I needed was a translater??? :roflblack: Thanks Geoff!
:2thumbs:

I'm actually starting to feel a bit better now that I've snuck out of the house and left the Missus to fool around with getting the Christmas Trees in place... I'm gonna take this day off to feed some more music into my Nano... :thumbup:

Holly
11-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Dreams are the soul's pantry. Keep it well stocked and your soul will never hunger.

What are you dreaming of ??

bruiser
11-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Ok, been off the site for awhile, so I'll summerise my reponses. Yes I did, Yes I am, No I didn't, I don't know, 25% yes, 75% maybe. I do, I don't. I don't remember. And, I'm blessed. So there.

GeoffCee
11-27-2011, 06:17 AM
What are you dreaming of ??

It's Sunday and at 75 I'm dreaming of living into next week. :rolleyes: (Just kidding, I'm not 75 until June).

Bob Denman
11-27-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm only 55 and hoping to make it to lunchtime... Too many leftovers to be checking out just now... :thumbup:
Dreams... Have you ever found yourself dreaming of dreaming? :shocked: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_8_4v.gif

bruiser
11-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Don't even ask Bruisersbaby about dreams:roflblack::yikes::shocked:

Holly
11-27-2011, 06:31 PM
To fight fear, act. To increase fear - wait, put off, postpone.

Rayelljay
11-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Dats da trufe, Trufe.

Holly
11-27-2011, 06:44 PM
I think it's nice that SpyderLovers suddenly opened up a poets corner. It would be especially good if some bard hereabouts could be persuaded to pen a few lines expressing the pleasure of Spyder riding, or related topics.

Nice job on The Mysterious Trike ! Looks like you have done some writing before.
Would love it if others would write about the joy of riding. :2thumbs:

GeoffCee
11-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Nice job on The Mysterious Trike ! Looks like you have done some writing before.

Thank you kindly. I have done a little creative writing but only for fun, usually to fill in time. :ani29:

wyliec
11-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Thank you kindly. I have done a little creative writing but only for fun, usually to fill in time. :ani29:

Every time I see one of your posts now I have this picture of Alistair Cooke that pops into my head; I'm not sure why.

GeoffCee
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Every time I see one of your posts now I have this picture of Alistair Cooke that pops into my head; I'm not sure why.

I do know why. You are over indulging your imagination. It is preferable to take a firm hold of such fantasies before they escape from the tip of your pen. ;)

dabreitbach
11-29-2011, 06:18 PM
The thing that I wonder every time I see one of Holly's posts is if that is Holly in the spyder suit in her avitar:D:D:D

rnet
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
The thing that I wonder every time I see one of Holly's posts is if that is Holly in the spyder suit in her avitar:D:D:DI know the answer to that, keep wondering:banghead:

Holly
11-29-2011, 07:06 PM
“Who sees the human face correctly: the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?”

mike3069
11-29-2011, 07:28 PM

The mysterious trike.
I was driving along in the warm light of day
When I espied a three-wheeler goin' the opposite way
Intrigued, I hand-braked, turned my car right around
All four wheels sliding, not gripping the ground
Then I took off on that trike-rider's tail
Dirt flying up from that dusty old trail.

I wish I could tell you that before driving far
I'd seen him pulled over at a roadside bar,
Where I'd stopped, got out, shared a jug of cold beer
With the rider of the trike who had guided me here.
But the truth of the matter, I now must relate
Is stranger than fiction, weirder than fate
And I never met up with my trike-mounted mate.
Speeding along fast, through a dust cloud sent flyin'
Set off my asthma until I felt I was dyin'.
For mile after mile, then the dust suddenly cleared.
He should have been there. But he'd gone. Disappeared.

I believe not in demons, nor things that aren't true
Like goblins, or trikers, casting dark spells on you.
I live in the real world, the world of Can-Am
Where all mysteries are known, (at least that's their plan).
But I'd love to know what happened, the day I gave chase,
Losing a trike in a dust cloud means I also lose face.
So it isn't very often I recall the weird tale
Of the trike that vanished on that dusty old trail.

Sorry, didn't see you in all that dust or I would have stopped! :D

bruiser
11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
To fight fear, act. To increase fear - wait, put off, postpone.

Without fear there is no courage.

Phil
11-29-2011, 10:09 PM
“Who sees the human face correctly: the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?”

The Creator.

GeoffCee
11-30-2011, 04:47 AM
The Creator.

He has so much to answer for in my life. Do you happen to have His e-mail address?

GeoffCee
11-30-2011, 04:57 AM
The thing that I wonder every time I see one of Holly's posts is if that is Holly in the spyder suit in her avitar:D:D:D

It reminds me of Seven of Nine's figure-huggin uniform.

Haven't seen an episode of Voyager in years.

Nevertheless.... Scuse me while I wipe away this dribble from my chin...

Right. Where were we? :dontknow::hun:

GeoffCee
11-30-2011, 05:07 AM
Sorry, didn't see you in all that dust or I would have stopped! :D

Oh, I would have enjoyed that.

Missed hearing my police siren, too, did ya, Mike? :shocked:

Bob Denman
11-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Now... Where were we???

wyliec
11-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Now... Where were we???

Wasn't she in the t.v. series Shark and now Body of Proof?

Never mind, Bob. I found my answer. She hides them well in Body of Proof.

arntufun
11-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Now... Where were we???

That nice Bob, but I grew up LOVING this uniform. Does she ever age ??? BTW.............. This is my thought for the day. :roflblack::roflblack: 37537

wyliec
11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
That nice Bob, but I grew up LOVING this uniform. Does she ever age ??? BTW.............. This is my thought for the day. :roflblack::roflblack: 37537

Looks like she had a plastic job done in the photo on the right.

GeoffCee
11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Now... Where were we???

For a taste of wonderful Jeri in her role:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x821WUPO58k&feature=related

arntufun
11-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Your Jeri had no skills like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xJC0D4QA00U

Bob Denman
11-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Youth... you've got to learn to appreciate the classics!

GeoffCee
11-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Youth... you've got to learn to appreciate the classics!

Every one a winner!

Jamie Lee Curtis ....Doris Day ..........Ava Gardner ...........Marylin Monroe ...........Kim Novak

37545 37546 37547 37549 37544

Bob Denman
11-30-2011, 11:02 AM
We'd best be careful here or somebody will report us as stalkers... :shocked::roflblack:

GeoffCee
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
We'd best be careful here or somebody will report us as stalkers... :shocked::roflblack:

Nah, I've got an exemption note from my GP, my rheumatism wouldn't permit any such activity! :D

dabreitbach
11-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Still doesn't answer my question about Holly and the pic in her avitar:D:D:D:D

Bob Denman
11-30-2011, 12:26 PM
I think that you'll just have to use your imagination... :D

rnet
11-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Holly, some of the boys are getting out of hand here. Guess someone's got to buy you an RT so they can see that suit on you again. Any buyers.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Well we could start up a collection... Ron; How much can we put you down for???:shocked: We have over 7000 members, so maybe $3.50 each??? :D

bruiser
11-30-2011, 09:33 PM
MMMmmffff, Bruisersbaby just censored me, OUCH!!!:lecturef_smilie:

Holly
12-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Still doesn't answer my question about Holly and the pic in her avitar:D:D:D:D

Imagination is the beginning of creation; you imagine what you desire; you will what you imagine; and at last you create what you will.
:roflblack:

GeoffCee
12-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Imagination is the beginning of creation; you imagine what you desire; you will what you imagine; and at last you create what you will.

I think your philosophy has taken a hold in NASA, looking at the latest Mars exploration package which took off in the past couple of days. Whoever thought up the idea of taking NASA's most ambitious rover ever to the Red Planet and lowering it down to the surface on pieces of string, from a vehicle hovering above on four independent rockets, is an optimist with a staggering desire to create a success out of the IMPOSSIBLE. But as you say, given a free rein, (and a sufficient quantity of American tax dollars), you create what you will.

If this lands safely I'll eat my computer! (Don't quote me, I've heard the Dell tastes like something even dung beetles would turn up their noses at).:gaah::roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-01-2011, 07:54 AM
When you let my mind run rampant with possibilities; don't be surprised with what my feeble synapses can stitch together for entertainment! :D

boborgera
12-01-2011, 05:27 PM
), .

If this lands safely I'll eat my computer! (Don't quote me, I've heard the Dell tastes like something even dung beetles would turn up their noses at).:gaah::roflblack:

Na, Cooked just right you'll swear it tastes just like Spotted Owl.:ohyea:

Bob Denman
12-02-2011, 08:12 AM
...which actually tastes a lot like chicken! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_122.gif

GeoffCee
12-02-2011, 11:56 AM
...which actually tastes a lot like chicken! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_122.gif

I'm humbled by the culinary variety that my American cousins enjoy.
So how come you folks are known throughout the world for sittin' down to burgers an fries at every mealtime?
It has to be an act, right?
You're closet gourmets really, an' as gourmets I guess ya' appreciate nothin' better than sittin' down to a fine brace of plover washed down with a bottle of Chianti. All this talk of spotted owl tastin' like chicken is just a cover, right?
Admit it, you're among friends here... :opps::shocked::):(;):sour::rolleyes::p

Bob Denman
12-02-2011, 12:30 PM
You're the guy with the Hawk that's staring at all of us like WE tasted like chicken... :shocked: :roflblack:
Speaking from a culinarian standpoint; I'll be the first to admit that I can eat stuff that'd give a billy-goat gas... :yikes:
(It's how I get even with the Missus... :D)

Holly
12-02-2011, 07:26 PM

Unmanned planes dominate the battlefield, yet airliners still have pilots and co-pilots.

When will we have unmanned commercial airliners ?

GeoffCee
12-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Unmanned planes dominate the battlefield, yet airliners still have pilots and co-pilots.

When will we have unmanned commercial airliners ?

a. When the Air Accident Investigation Board becomes comfortable blaming an obscure software error code for the total loss of an aircraft, rather than the old standby of "pilot error".

b. Most people recognise that there is nothing "natural" about sitting in a metal tube and taking to the skies. Watching a jumbo jet take off to many people appears to be a gravity-defying, totally unbelievable stunt. Having committed themselves to taking part in what for many ordinary people is a technical mystery, passengers are reassured that the good-looking mature guy with four gold rings on his arm is up front controlling things. He represents their only visible security in the otherwise "risky" adventure of flying.

On a personal note, sad to say that practically everything I have owned in my life has developed a flaw of one kind or another, sooner or later. This is especially true of gadgets with moving parts. An airliner has lots of moving parts and when we can make airliners that are flawless, (rather than merely reliable), that will be the time to dump the pilot's seat. By the way, Holly, will the drinks trolley be coming around soon? :sour::hun:

GeoffCee
12-03-2011, 08:42 AM
You're the guy with the Hawk that's staring at all of us like WE tasted like chicken... :shocked: :roflblack:

I had no idea you had a thing about hawks...

Speaking from a culinarian standpoint; I'll be the first to admit that I can eat stuff that'd give a billy-goat gas... :yikes:

Speaking of which my new billy goat is a handsome fellow. :D:D:D

Bob Denman
12-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Why yes; yes he is! :thumbup: :D

software-driven commercial flights??? I prefer something with a few stewardesses on board at least... Oh; Flight Attendants...excuse my ignorance! :opps: After all; somebody's got to be there to land the plane after the pilot and co-pilot are poisoned by the bad guys! :yikes:

Holly
12-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Burn the candles, use the good sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special

arntufun
12-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Burn the candles, use the good sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special

Are you thinking what I'm thinking ??? :roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Life is uncertain... Eat dessert first! :2thumbs:

Kickoff is in 4 hours Artnu... Don't get started in something that you can't finish! :D

GeoffCee
12-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Would you have a quiet word with my missus ref the above? I think it would be better if she heard these suggestions from another lady, rather than yours truly... Wimmin get kinda set in their ways, don't they? We've had a fancy candle sitting on the bathroom window ledge since Jimmy Carter was President. It has never had a flame put near it in all that time. Nah, not once. :rolleyes:

rnet
12-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Forum romance, got to love it.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Done yet.

Holly
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Forum romance, got to love it.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Done yet.

Just got back from a great ride on our date day. The night is young !

rnet
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Just got back from a great ride on our date day. The night is young ! You go girl.

bill pitman
12-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Are you thinking what I'm thinking ??? :roflblack:

Yes I am.....
Go for it;)

arntufun
12-05-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm to old for that kind of stuff. I was thinking she should make me something to eat, thats all. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Did somebody mention food??? :shocked:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_103v.gif

GeoffCee
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Did somebody mention food??? :shocked:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_103v.gif

Crumbs in bed are an itch too far and BBQ sauce is incredibly bad for silk sheets. Don't you care? :rolleyes:

Bob Denman
12-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Well it does depend on just what's on the menu... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_15.gif

CyncySpyder
12-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm to old for that kind of stuff. I was thinking she should make me something to eat, thats all. :roflblack::roflblack:

I call BS on that, cause I'm older than you, & I know I'm NOT too old for that kinda stuff :roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM
You've got to remember; He's been run hard and put away wet for most of his adult life... Think of his years more like "Dog" years! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

CyncySpyder
12-05-2011, 04:38 PM
You've got to remember; He's been run hard and put away wet for most of his adult life... Think of his years more like "Dog" years! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

Bob Denman
12-05-2011, 06:09 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif Oh wait! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_2.gif I've got my own easy chair and appointment for some Monday Night Football... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif

Holly
12-06-2011, 07:34 PM
The essential question is not, "How busy are you?" but "What are you busy at?

Holly
12-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Phil
12-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Amen to that!!

Bob Denman
12-08-2011, 07:48 AM
If your cat had a litter of kittens behind the stove, would you call them "muffins"?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_6.gif

GeoffCee
12-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Scans better IMO if standing in a garage doesn't make you a mechanic.

Neither, I would opine, does being given a free chestful of Snap-On tools, like Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman were in the run up to starting out on The Long Way Round. When Claudio's Russian bike broke down a couple of locals appeared out of nowhere and dissembled the clutch housing with one spanner and a lump of rock. They had the bike running in no time. What a salutory lesson that was, particularly for the over-generous Snap-On Company... :clap:

Holly
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Winter testing is essential but there comes a point where you have had enough of all the rehearsals and the pretend racing. You just want to get down to the real action.

granpa in Cincy
12-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Religious conviction may thwart a timid desire but nothing can stand against genuine lust.

Holly
12-10-2011, 06:05 PM
When the trees sing,
It doesn't really matter
If you know the song,
Or if you know the words,
Or even if you know the tune.
What really matters is knowing
That the trees are singing at all.

Bob Denman
12-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Religious conviction may thwart a timid desire but nothing can stand against genuine lust.

But then what happpens when that irresistable force meets the proverbial immovable object??? :shocked:

"Singing Trees"?? Didn't Rush do a song about all of that??

Pennyrick
12-11-2011, 10:49 AM
When the trees sing,
It doesn't really matter
If you know the song,
Or if you know the words,
Or even if you know the tune.
What really matters is knowing
That the trees are singing at all.

The winds through the trees are Mother Nature's violins.

Holly
12-12-2011, 06:59 PM
If you are clear where you are going and you take several steps in that direction every day, you eventually have to get there. If I head north out of Santa Barbara and take five steps a day, eventually I have to end up in San Francisco. So decide what you want, write it down, review it constantly, and each day do something that moves you toward those goals.

Bob Denman
12-13-2011, 07:53 AM
The first step is always the toughest... :thumbup:

Holly
12-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Forgiveness: giving up all hope of a better Past

Bob Denman
12-14-2011, 08:00 AM
I thought that was "Revenge".... :opps:

exwinger
12-20-2011, 01:40 PM
5 RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE

1. Money can not buy happiness, but it’s more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than on a bicycle.

2. Forgive your enemy, but remember the a**hole’s name.

3. If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

4. Many people are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.

5. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then neither does milk.

THERE YOU HAVE IT.

tconaagt
12-20-2011, 02:51 PM
A lady once told me:
"We forgive, but,we NEVER forget"

zrc
12-20-2011, 04:25 PM
I bet she remembers telling you that...

Bob Denman
12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
:shocked: I am having SERIOUS flashbacks...:yikes:
They never forget... and they never forget to remind you of that either! :bowdown:

bruisersbaby
12-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Forgiving is not for the person who has done you wrong, but release of the burden of anger for yourself.

CyncySpyder
12-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Forgiving is not for the person who has done you wrong, but release of the burden of anger for yourself.

:agree: & so does Teddy3844238443

Holly
12-23-2011, 05:06 PM
All men and women are born, live suffer and die; what distinguishes us one from another is our dreams, whether they be dreams about worldly or unworldly things, and what we do to make them come about... We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents. We do not choose our historical epoch, the country of our birth, or the immediate circumstances of our upbringing. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live.

Bob Denman
12-24-2011, 10:53 AM
...And those choices define us! :2thumbs:

Chick
12-24-2011, 01:06 PM
"For to us a Child is born,
to us a Son is given,
and the government will be on His shoulders.
And He will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
(Isaiah 9:6)

Phil
12-24-2011, 05:38 PM
"For to us a Child is born,
to us a Son is given,
and the government will be on His shoulders.
And He will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
(Isaiah 9:6)

+1 Amen

bruiser
12-24-2011, 08:24 PM
+1 Amen

And Amen.

GeoffCee
12-25-2011, 08:07 AM
A Merry Christmas to all you folks, your company has made my first year with my Spyder more pleasurable than it would otherwise have been, for which I am truly grateful...

...but at the same time I am troubled, because I've just been reading on the International News Section of the 'net that in parts of America a war has been declared on Christmas and so my good wishes may not be universally reciprocated in the spirit in which they were offered. That this should be happenening in America is hard for me to understand. One nation under God and all that...

Therefore, if you count yourself among those people who think Christmas and the Nativity are nothing more than divisive winter rituals, better consigned to the dustbin of history, I will not say "Merry Christmas", instead I say **** you! I will pray for you, but only a little. You don't deserve the full $10 prayer, more like 2 cent's worth. :pray:

GeoffCee
12-25-2011, 08:18 AM
The winds through the trees are Mother Nature's violins.

We don't get winds like that where I live. May I try a whiff of what you're smokin'? :shocked:

Allensr
12-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Remember life is NOT a dress rehearsal.
Have a peaceful next year.

Eraser
12-27-2011, 08:13 AM
"Landing is the easy part!"

retread
12-27-2011, 09:46 AM
At my age, when I try to think, I get sleepy.

john