PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

Yol Bolsun
11-04-2011, 11:45 AM
A while back, Oldandgrouchy (I believe it was) commented on the fact that the name, Georgia Spyder Riders, just wasn't very 'catchy' (or something to that effect). I think I understand what he is saying. There are the Florida X-Press (aka the Huligans), the MoGang, the NY Gawkers, just to name a few. Some 'catchy' names no doubt. You can see more names here (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php?cat=2).

Maybe, each sub-chapter could select a group name. Something like the 'Georgia Spyder Riders - Goobers' or 'Georgia Spyder Riders - Crackers' or 'Georgia Spyder Riders - Bubbas and Bubettes' :roflblack:.

Just more to be thinking about. Have fun with it (or not) but please use some propriety when posting.

Ga Blue Knight
11-04-2011, 01:45 PM
A while back, Oldandgrouchy (I believe it was) commented on the fact that the name, Georgia Spyder Riders, just wasn't very 'catchy' (or something to that effect). I think I understand what he is saying. There are the Florida X-Press (aka the Huligans), the MoGang, the NY Gawkers, just to name a few. Some 'catchy' names no doubt. You can see more names here (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php?cat=2).

Maybe, each sub-chapter could select a group name. Something like the 'Georgia Spyder Riders - Goobers' or 'Georgia Spyder Riders - Crackers' or 'Georgia Spyder Riders - Bubbas and Bubettes' :roflblack:.

Just more to be thinking about. Have fun with it (or not) but please use some propriety when posting.

You mean something like "Georgia Spyder Riders from Disgusta"?

I still like "Georgia Spyder Ryding Goober Grabbers"

TuckMiddle
11-15-2011, 09:49 PM
I think that what ever "patch or decal" we decide on could have a "rocker" for each chapter.

For instance, the oval possibility above would have the chapter rocker below it with something like:

"GA Mountain Spyders ROCK." or "Spyders above the 285 web." or "N GA Riders - eating our way

across the USA at 30 MPG." I have no idea what they will say, but the rockers might be the way to

go, don'tchaknow?
:yes:

Tuck

Yol Bolsun
11-17-2011, 08:19 AM
I like the rocker idea.

TuckMiddle
11-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm sitting at my desk, having my breakfast and the TV is on to get some news.

All at once "The Georgia Gang" comes on. They are four at a table discussing "today's issues."

What a great handle for our state group. "The Georgia Gang" is simple, sounds good and there are all kinds of possibilities for aviatars, decals, T shirts, etc. The Georgia Spyder Gang sounds a little drawn out to me, but would probably work, if that's what the group wanted.

Lets put it on the list, if there is one, for possibilities.
:yes:
Tuck

Daisyjoe
11-20-2011, 09:50 AM
How about "Georgia on my mind, Spyder on my behind". :clap:

Yol Bolsun
11-26-2011, 11:27 PM
How about "Georgia on my mind, Spyder on my behind". :clap:

I had missed this one. :roflblack::D:

SDM
11-27-2011, 08:32 AM
"Georgia on my mind, Spyder on my behind" That slogan makes me wish I lived in GA:clap::bowdown: