PDA

View Full Version : Spyderfest Hotels sold out!

rcdurango
11-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Just thinking I'd book a room for the Spyderfest in April and seems hotels are already sold out. If you know of anything in the area that's nice and clean let me know. Looks like this one is going to be even bigger then last year. Last year it wasn't even a problem finding a room.

Trooper
11-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Just thinking I'd book a room for the Spyderfest in April and seems hotels are already sold out. If you know of anything in the area that's nice and clean let me know. Looks like this one is going to be even bigger then last year. Last year it wasn't even a problem finding a room.

I ran into the same problem as you did. I contacted the Baymont Inn & Suites in Sullivan, MO and booked a room there. They were very friendly and seemed to have lots of rooms left when I called last week.

http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/missouri/sullivan/baymont-inn-suites-sullivan/hotel-overview

They are about 20 minutes away from Cuba from what I understand.

Happy hotel hunting !!

JJW SpyderRider
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Did you call all the hotels? I understand that all hotel rooms were being saved for Spyderfest and online they are shown as being full. I stayed in Rolla (free hotel nights for me) last year and if I get to go this year will stay at the HIExpress again.

ThreeFeet
11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Just thinking I'd book a room for the Spyderfest in April and seems hotels are already sold out. If you know of anything in the area that's nice and clean let me know. Looks like this one is going to be even bigger then last year. Last year it wasn't even a problem finding a room. Do call the hotels and tell them it's for spyderfest. there are motels in St James 7 miles from Cuba to the west. Theres the Econo Lodge Inn and Suits 573-265-5005. There is another one but not listed in the phone book and not all that sure it's decent. The Econo lodge is good. there's a bed and brkfst too. But if all else fails I may lend out my house with 2 brms and 2 bath as I will probably be at the Lady bug campground. As a MoGang member will be kinda busy helping you all get squared away. I think. Keep looking at St james , Steelville, Sullivan, (even Rolla, West of Cuba, has a bunch of places and it's only 20 mi +or- a mile.) :D

pitbull
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
We are currently working on more lodging done under spyderfest name so you will be in a hotel surronded by fellow spyder ryders, aswell as working on discounts for everyone, more will be realeased after the first Spyderfest U.S offical meeting 11/05/11

rcdurango
11-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks, I hope I can get in on it before they're gone.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.061793,-87.555982

Macca
11-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Its the Frisco Street Bed & Breakfast in Steelville for my wife and I. Wednesday till Sunday. This will be our first Spyderfest!

pitbull
11-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Its the Frisco Street Bed & Breakfast in Steelville for my wife and I. Wednesday till Sunday. This will be our first Spyderfest!

I like your style........ Working on opening up quite a few of this style lodging up!

GloryRyders
11-05-2011, 05:06 AM
Thanks, I hope I can get in on it before they're gone.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.061793,-87.555982

Did you try the Chateau Inn and Suites (phone number 877-836-2368) in Cuba. The last time I check they still had rooms and they serve a hot breakfast. Be sure to tell them you are comming for Spyderfest.

rcdurango
11-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Are you sure about that number? I don't get hotel when I dial it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.061720,-87.555811

Y Rider
11-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Make sure when you ask for a reservation that you say you are attending Spyderfest. All the hotels have that week reserved for Spyderfesters.

Roy's Bassets
11-05-2011, 08:40 AM
I got a spot at Lady Bug RV park, Don't know at this time if I'll be able to make it, but have a spot reserved.:ohyea:

memphisdan
11-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I just made reservations at the Day's Inn in St James 573 265 2900; they still have rooms. I think Spyderfest will be huge this year since rooms are already getting hard to find.:thumbup:

Dragonrider
11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
April in MO?? :D:D:D. We'll still be skiing out here - won't even uncover the Spyder until May.

Trickie Dick
11-05-2011, 09:49 AM
I got a spot at Lady Bug RV park, Don't know at this time if I'll be able to make it, but have a spot reserved.:ohyea:

Smart Man. These people that are saying they have to "wait and see" are going to end up staying in St. Louis if they decide to come:yikes:

Lamonster
11-05-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm amazed that there has been very little promotion on the site for this event and it's already sold out. :yikes:

We have several months before we even start promoting this event. Guess that says a lot for the last two years events and the work the MO Gang put into it. :bowdown: :thumbup:

:ohyea::2excited:

johnnyg
11-05-2011, 11:31 AM
April in MO?? :D:D:D. We'll still be skiing out here - won't even uncover the Spyder until May.

You need to get in contact with murphybrown, She the expert on riding in WA,OR.:D

GloryRyders
11-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Are you sure about that number? I don't get hotel when I dial it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.061720,-87.555811

OOPS:opps:..............Sorry............The correct number is 573-885-0100.

Blue Star
11-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I just made reservations at the Day's Inn in St James 573 265 2900; they still have rooms. I think Spyderfest will be huge this year since rooms are already getting hard to find.:thumbup:

Made mine at the Day's Inn in St James. Room is 226.75 for four nights stay, and only (if I remember right) 15 minute ryde away.

StriperKing
11-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Just thinking I'd book a room for the Spyderfest in April and seems hotels are already sold out. If you know of anything in the area that's nice and clean let me know. Looks like this one is going to be even bigger then last year. Last year it wasn't even a problem finding a room.rcdurango, my doughter just postponed her wedding date so looks like we will be able to go if we find a place to stay. can`t believe everything in town is gone already. let me know where you end up staying.

BajaRon
11-06-2011, 03:24 PM
I like your style........ Working on opening up quite a few of this style lodging up!

You already know that I think you guys at Cowtown are NUTS! But in a good way.... :thumbup:

So, our next project should be to build a hotel on site at Cowtown. Then we could just roll out of bed and into the showroom each morning! :roflblack:

Ga Blue Knight
11-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Got a room at the Days Inn in St. James, seven miles to Cuba a little further to Cowtown. They said that they still had plenty of rooms for the Spyderfest week. The way things are shaping up, I would not wait too much longer.

rafiki2cu
11-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I also just made a reservation at Days Inn in St. James Mo. :ohyea:

rcdurango
11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
rcdurango, my doughter just postponed her wedding date so looks like we will be able to go if we find a place to stay. can`t believe everything in town is gone already. let me know where you end up staying.

StriperKing, Will do! I was thinking I would get something early, but that was a joke! Turns out I'm a little late. I think they are
working on more rooms and hopefully will get in on the second wave.

murphybrown
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM

Come on Dragonrider...if I can do it soooo can you. Did it last year...and doing again this year..thinking of going the northern route...want to ride to Cuba, MO together...get ahold of me....still riding here...cold but wonderful...

BMW
11-07-2011, 11:11 AM
StriperKing, Will do! I was thinking I would get something early, but that was a joke! Turns out I'm a little late. I think they are
working on more rooms and hopefully will get in on the second wave.Just made reservations at chatau Inn & suites Cuba. that was the Motel 6 last year same owner. Always willing to accomdate a guest when calling mention spyderfest [573]885 0100 :ohyea::clap:Ben

Blondespyder
11-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Thankfully I made mine a few weeks ago in Rolla.. I don't mind the ride and got a great deal booking so far in advance. I kinda had a feeling Cuba would fill up too fast because it didn't have alot of hotels listed when I went to there chamber site.. Happy hunting everyone :). Should be a great time!

rcdurango
11-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Just made reservations at chatau Inn & suites Cuba. that was the Motel 6 last year same owner. Always willing to accomdate a guest when calling mention spyderfest [573]885 0100 :ohyea::clap:Ben

Thanks Ben, I got right on that today and was able to book a room. Not sure why there wasn't a room there before I posted this?
But have room now without a confirmation number :banghead::pray:... They still had some extra rooms if your wanting to stay in Cuba.

kentuckyguy
11-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks Ben, I got right on that today and was able to book a room. Not sure why there wasn't a room there before I posted this?
But have room now without a confirmation number :banghead::pray:... They still had some extra rooms if your wanting to stay in Cuba.

Just got my room booked for the 27th an 28th.. See everyone there...

warp10
11-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Just made reservations at chatau Inn & suites Cuba. that was the Motel 6 last year same owner. Always willing to accomdate a guest when calling mention spyderfest [573]885 0100 :ohyea::clap:Ben

Just booked mine there also, still had some left :ohyea:

GloryRyders
11-08-2011, 06:58 AM

Just booked mine there also, still had some left :ohyea:

Glad you guys were able to get rooms................welcome to the party:2thumbs:

rcdurango
11-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Glad you guys were able to get rooms................welcome to the party:2thumbs:

Trust me when I say, I got the room for the wife! I would have been there even if I had to sleep in Lamont's trailer.
She's a little funny about where she hangs her helmet. :)

SteveMac
11-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Richard and Mike
Glad to see you got your rooms booked! Looking forward to seeing you both there!

murphybrown
11-08-2011, 09:46 AM
I have reserved a 2 bed room (first floor) at Super 8/Cuba...I would be willing to share with another non smoking lady. That way we both save $$ (extra cash to spend on vendors!!!!). Let me know.

Dochands
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I am just terrible at plan
ning ahead. I ho
pe I just get lucky.

:roflblack:

zrc
11-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I am just terrible at plan
ning ahead. I ho
pe I just get lucky.
:roflblack:

Sounds like me when I go to the club!

:clap::thumbup:

Jewels
11-08-2011, 11:29 AM
If any of the MO GANG could give me some more ideas of where to stay, I would appreciate it! Thanks and can't wait to see you guys! AND...I can't wait to see how many more SPYDER RYDERs there are this year!

chickenhoose
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Hay guys it looks like our whole Ky group is staying at the same place. How cool is that going to be? Did they still just write your reservation down on paper. If so, that makes me nervous. Anyway I can't wait to see you all again.
Jerry W

tofriendscreek
11-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Jerry & Crew,

Oh, no we're not. Laurie & I are staying at the Wagon Wheel. That is if we don't get too absorbed in our exploring. :roflblack: At least I'll know where to find ya all - maybe. :ohyea:

Yol Bolsun
11-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Ladybug RV for SWMBO and I.

rcdurango
11-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I have reserved a 2 bed room (first floor) at Super 8/Cuba...I would be willing to share with another non smoking lady. That way we both save $$ (extra cash to spend on vendors!!!!). Let me know.

It's a good thing you said "Lady"! Your phone was about to ring off the wall.:shocked:

rcdurango
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Hay guys it looks like our whole Ky group is staying at the same place. How cool is that going to be? Did they still just write your reservation down on paper. If so, that makes me nervous. Anyway I can't wait to see you all again.
Jerry W

:thumbup: and :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:ing also!

kentuckyguy
11-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Jerry W

Yes it will be another great time together.. I asked for a reservation number an she told em that they were just takeing down names.. She assured me that I wold have a room.. I told her that I lived a few hundred miles away an I would be vdery upset if I got there an didnt have a room.. She told me not to worry...

murphybrown
11-08-2011, 10:37 PM
It's a good thing you said "Lady"! Your phone was about to ring off the wall.:shocked:

Hmmmmm may have to reconsider :yikes: ... might create more gossip!!!!:clap::clap:

pitbull
11-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Yes it will be another great time together.. I asked for a reservation number an she told em that they were just takeing down names.. She assured me that I wold have a room.. I told her that I lived a few hundred miles away an I would be vdery upset if I got there an didnt have a room.. She told me not to worry...
Just got to love small home town stuff lol:thumbup: if you have any problems let me know. Also folks make sure your actually calling the hotels we had them block off all the rooms for spyderlovers only! Also we have a bed and breakfast style hotel in steelvile mo called wildwood lodge built back in the early 1900's check them out at wildwoodspringslodge.com make sure to call them for spyder special pricing 52 rooms in the lodge!

pitbull
11-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Hmmmmm may have to reconsider :yikes: ... might create more gossip!!!!:clap::clap:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: now that's funny I don't care who you are:thumbup:

GloryRyders
11-09-2011, 07:13 AM
If any of the MO GANG could give me some more ideas of where to stay, I would appreciate it! Thanks and can't wait to see you guys! AND...I can't wait to see how many more SPYDER RYDERs there are this year!

As of a couple days ago the only hotel in Cuba that still had some rooms available was the Chateau Inn (573-885-0100). Try them first:2thumbs:. After that you could check Wildwood Springs in Steelville Mo. Plus others in St. James (7 miles from Cuba} or Sullivan Mo. (approx. 20 miles from Cuba.)

GI Jane
11-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Made mine yesterday at Best Western. They still have rooms available.

ThreeFeet
11-09-2011, 02:29 PM
check out Steelville. They have a few B &B's I loked up http://chamberofcommerce.steelville.com/ The thing is kinda hard to get to lodging but had a list of Buisnesses and some where the B & B's etc. But DO keep checking the different motels and telling them it's for SPYDRFEST. Steelville is only about 7 miles south of Cuba on 19 South. Rolla is a bit far but has some FUN rydes thru the back roads!!!to get to Cuba. Get your maps from the Visitor centers in Rolla Just off freeway and across from the TATER PATCH. ST James has it's center on the only exit in ST James on the north side of 44. Cuba's is in there somewhere not sure where but at these places you can usually get COUNTY MAPs and the state one too. But those County Maps are where you want to see the ROADS that are the best for rydes. Have fun with them and enjoy your ryde to and from SPYDERFEST 2012.

BajaRon
11-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I am just terrible at planning ahead. I hope I just get lucky. :roflblack:

Sounds like you'd better get on the horn http://www.msn101.com/content/emoticons/OnFone_8F2ZIW.gif and do something or you may be sleeping on the front lawn!
A tough place to get lucky, by the way http://www.myemoticons.com/images/weather/sunny/sprinkler.gif especially when the sprinklers come on! :yikes:

rhinozxq
11-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Just got a room at the Chatau Inn and Suites for 4/24-4/29. This will be our first Spyderfest, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully the 31" of snow that we received Halloween weekend is not a sign of things to come next spring. We also didn't get a confirmation number. I hope this isn't a problem when we get out there after a 1200 mile ride.

jeromeb
11-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Days Inn, St. James 24 - 29 April.
Jerry

retired1
11-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Just got off the phone with Chateau Inn. I'm good to go!

pitbull
11-09-2011, 09:36 PM

Had mine done in January - bought a stationary recumbent bike for indoor re-hab, and a recumbent trike to continue outside. I was riding my Spyder by April, and as of last week, the Doc doesn't want....................Thought you said you don't uncover your Spyder till may????? You know a week later. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Dochands
11-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Rooms available at the Bestwestern. Just made a reservation.

BajaRon
11-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Rooms available at the Bestwestern. Just made a reservation.

And they say you don't plan ahead!!! :thumbup:

Dochands
11-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Lol. Had a free moment. Now where did I put my keys? Lol

ABQ_Spyderman
11-10-2011, 07:04 PM

Hey Roy I noticed you have a 7th ATC patch there. I wore one from 2000-2003 when I was stationed at Hohenfels in Germany. Good stuff!!

SpydeRider2010
11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
just made a res for 4/25-4/29 at Chatau Inn :yes:; and they still have a few rooms. :bowdown:
so if anyone is still thinking about it... there is still a little time.

Arley was the night clerk that took our res, and was very helpful and friendly :thumbup:

dancogan
01-15-2012, 07:16 PM
When all the motels were sold out I decided I could still make Spyderfest if I took the motorhome. I just got a note from Ladybug RV Park today that they have no more RV sites available during Spyderfest. There are some tent sites which they offered, but I'm not keen on dry camping without power for that long. I'll have to see if there's anything else reasonably close, or maybe just keep tuned in for any cancellations that might come along. Last year motels were available up until the weekend before. Wow, this event is popular!

GloryRyders
01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Check out hotels in Sullivan Mo. It's about 20 miles east of Cuba. I believe that their is a Baymont Inn there, right off I 44. Also, there could be rooms in St. James Mo. about 10 miles west of Cuba and then in Rolla Mo. maybe 20 miles west of Cuba.

SteveMac
01-15-2012, 07:44 PM
When all the motels were sold out I decided I could still make Spyderfest if I took the motorhome. I just got a note from Ladybug RV Park today that they have no more RV sites available during Spyderfest. There are some tent sites which they offered, but I'm not keen on dry camping without power for that long. I'll have to see if there's anything else reasonably close, or maybe just keep tuned in for any cancellations that might come along. Last year motels were available up until the weekend before. Wow, this event is popular!

There are some other campgrounds in the area. Check out our visitors page for more options including maps and phone numbers.
http://www.spyderfest.com/Visitors.html

lyonsden
01-15-2012, 08:27 PM
We are staying at the Days Inn in St James. Just 10 miles. I think they still have rooms. The reviews online look pretty good. Includes breakfast and reasonable price too.

Days Inn
110 N Outer Road
St James, MO 65559 US
Phone: 1-573-2652900

dancogan
01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I'll follow up on Monday and see if I can get lucky!

Arr MiHardies
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
IF I can convince my wife to let me make the trip alone, I might try to bunk at my old fraternity in Rolla.

Mo Lee
01-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Don't forget, the hotels in Cuba are blocking rooms for Spyderfest so you have to call and tell them you are with Spyderfest. You also might ask to be placed on a waiting list in case there is any drop outs at the last minute.

BikerDoc
01-16-2012, 08:32 AM
If you get a room further out and want one closer to the action, check back on the final week before the event. Last year there were lots of last minute cancellations that freed up prime rooms that people had reserved a year earlier in hopes of going....

NancysToy
01-16-2012, 08:41 AM
If you get a room further out and want one closer to the action, check back on the final week before the event. Last year there were lots of last minute cancellations that freed up prime rooms that people had reserved a year earlier in hopes of going....
:agree: I got one of those cancellations.

Lamonster
01-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Another guy just posted on Facebook that he was able to book a room today at the Chateau Inn and they still had a few rooms left. It pays to call around http://www.spyderfest.com/Visitors.html

CJ/johnnyg
01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey Roy I noticed you have a 7th ATC patch there. I wore one from 2000-2003 when I was stationed at Hohenfels in Germany. Good stuff!!

oops I just noticed I was on my wifes site sorry about that.
I have the 7th on my vest, I was station in K town 69-71 I was in the 37th trans group. I missed meeting Roy in Maggie Vally last year. Hope to meet him in Cuba this year.John