PDA

View Full Version : spyder fest

gary lester
11-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm new to this spyder fest thing and I was wondering if it's to ate to show up on that Thur.? When I made plans for my room I didn't realize people would be there on Tue. When I get there do I go right to cow town or what. I'm going to feel out of place there with all you pros. Any help would be great. Thanks Gary

johnnyg
11-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Last year we didn't get there tell late thursday do to bad wearther coming up from FL and we still had a great time and made the rides we wanted to. And yes it's best to go to Cowtown first so you can regester then you'll no what going on.Just keep watching the threads and you will know the Whats,Whens and Wheres of averything going on.

JJW SpyderRider
11-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm new to this spyder fest thing and I was wondering if it's to ate to show up on that Thur.? When I made plans for my room I didn't realize people would be there on Tue. When I get there do I go right to cow town or what. I'm going to feel out of place there with all you pros. Any help would be great. Thanks Gary

The northen IL, Southern WI group will be going on Tuesday but that seems a little too early. I was at Cowtown on Wednesday afternoon to register. There was a passport run last year that I got started on before the Wednesday night dinner (this was a don't miss event!). Thursday morning would still be OK but you will miss a lot of great times.

Barbwire
11-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Where are you staying? Last year we were greeted at the hotel by 3 folks in the pouring rain and became fast friends over pizza. Just go up to any fellow Spyder Ryder and they should help you out with the logistics.

BumbleBee
11-04-2011, 04:35 AM
CowTown USA would be a great place to start. That is where most of us will be.

More will be posted on the Fest.

Glad to have you join in on the fun :clap:

GloryRyders
11-04-2011, 05:57 AM
CowTown USA would be a great place to start. That is where most of us will be.

More will be posted on the Fest.

Glad to have you join in on the fun :clap:

:agree: Whenever you get their, go to Cowtown first and get registered so you can get a list on all the events.:2thumbs: We will be posting more info as time goes on, the first planning meeting is this Saturday:yes: I would start looking into a room reservation ASAP since some of ther hotels are already filled and Spyderfest is still about 6 months off.:gaah:You are a wise Spyderlover to make the decision to attend:bowdown:, it's a great event:firstplace:

Paula(Butch2025)
11-04-2011, 06:23 AM
We are planning on arriving on Thursday also (same as last year), can't get off work any earlier than Wednesday. We had plenty of fun Thursday thru Sunday morning, sometimes you just can't get to everything, but what you will get is worth it - the best event around!

murphybrown
11-04-2011, 06:49 AM
My tentative plans are same as last year. Leave home mid April...pick a different route from last year and ride, ride, ride, :yes:. Have already arranged for Cowtown to do some upgrades for Ms Spyder when I first arrive...plus by then will need oil change and am sure additional TLC for "her"...sooooo highly recommend Spyderfest...last year as my first year I was not sure what I was getting into..but had made the decision that if I can ride in I can ride out if not to my liking...heck didn't want it to end...the people are AWESOME and the event is FUN..
Thinking of heading East then down to Cuba...last year I went South then East then up to Cuba....ahhhh so much riding to be done and so much of this wonderful country to see....:clap:. I sure am grateful that I am retired...hate to have one of those things called a job interfering with my riding!!!
Today...present temp 28 degrees...but I will be headed out for the weekend on Ms Spyder...as long as the snow and ice stay away I'm riding!!!!

gary lester
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
First of all I want to thank those of you that responded, I'm staying at the Super 8 in Sullivan' which I'm told that isn't that far away,I hope not. I'm looking forward to meeting good Spyder people because I only have Wing people to ride with, which is not all bad. Once again thanks.

rogerb
11-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Gary Lester You will be approximately 20 miles north of Cuba and Cowtown is 4 miles south of Cuba. You will see it from the interstate on your right. Take next exit, turn right & right again and get ready to have fun. :thumbup:

pitbull
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey all we are working with a few places right now to have lodging for people to stay together. And this year we are adding a few more events to the schedual, so we will have more to offer. The first real meeting is tomorrow with the mogang so lots of things will be getting finlized. But no worries in true fashion of spyderfest....IF YOU MISS ONE EVENT THERE WILL BE 3 MORE HAPPING RIGHT AFTER THAT ONE.

GloryRyders
11-05-2011, 05:17 AM
Gary Lester You will be approximately 20 miles north of Cuba and Cowtown is 4 miles south of Cuba. You will see it from the interstate on your right. Take next exit, turn right & right again and get ready to have fun. :thumbup:

Just to make sure you know where you are going, Cuba is exit 208 off of west bound I44 and Cowtown is at exit 203 (ther next one westbound.) You won't be able to miss it, just follow all the other :spyder::spyder2: :ani29: :f_spider:.

cgroh360
11-05-2011, 05:59 AM
OK I have been trying to find the dates for spyderfest but cant, could someone post the dates so I can book a room???

GloryRyders
11-06-2011, 06:53 AM
OK I have been trying to find the dates for spyderfest but cant, could someone post the dates so I can book a room???

The fun starts Wednesday April 25th to Sunday morning April 29th.:joke::yes: