PDA

View Full Version : Great Customer Service from Firstgear

Weave2u
11-01-2011, 03:13 PM
I am very happy to report that the company that makes Firstgear products is very responsive to their customers. I purchased an Expedition suit from BajaRon, which I really like, but after using it once, one of the main zippers broke, which I was able to work around, but then a vent zipper got stuck halfway open, and that I couldn't accept. So I contacted their customer service. Sherri was very helpful and immediatley sent me out a replacement suit and the documentation I needed to return the broken one. Kudos Firstgear!!!

I sometimes see people venting on here about vendor's and their lack of customer care and then read the inevitable responses berating them for expecting a company to stand behind their products (I often suspect they are people who own companies with piss-poor customer service themselves). Sorry peeps who like to defend such bad behavior and berate the complainers, but if you sell a product, for example a license plate holder that gets damaged after it is correctly installed, then that is the company's responsibility. If the customer fails to install it correctly, then that is the customer's responsibility. So I appreciate people's posts about good or bad customer service. Some products are great, but the occasional defect is normal, if the company handles it correctly then there is no harm really, but if the item is poorly designed or if the company doesn't care about their customers then they should promptly go out of business and the best way for that to happen is word-of-mouth reports.

In my case, Firstgear manufacturer (I believe it is Tucker Rocky) responded in a very amiable way and I'm thrilled to report it. By-the-way, the zipper issue is a known issue caused by the company they buy their zippers from. It seems they got a defective batch and it went out before they could do anything. It turns out that the zipper maker has bad customer service (go figure) and Firstgear is going 'round and 'round with them regarding it. Never-the-less, Firstgear stands out!!

Hats off to Sherri and Firstgear!!!:bowdown:

5PYD3R
11-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I am very happy to report that the company that makes Firstgear products is very responsive to their customers. I purchased an Expedition suit from BajaRon, which I really like, but after using it once, one of the main zippers broke, which I was able to work around, but then a vent zipper got stuck halfway open, and that I couldn't accept. So I contacted their customer service. Sherri was very helpful and immediatley sent me out a replacement suit and the documentation I needed to return the broken one. Kudos Firstgear!!!

I sometimes see people venting on here about vendor's and their lack of customer care and then read the inevitable responses berating them for expecting a company to stand behind their products (I often suspect they are people who own companies with piss-poor customer service themselves). Sorry peeps who like to defend such bad behavior and berate the complainers, but if you sell a product, for example a license plate holder that gets damaged after it is correctly installed, then that is the company's responsibility. If the customer fails to install it correctly, then that is the customer's responsibility. So I appreciate people's posts about good or bad customer service. Some products are great, but the occasional defect is normal, if the company handles it correctly then there is no harm really, but if the item is poorly designed or if the company doesn't care about their customers then they should promptly go out of business and the best way for that to happen is word-of-mouth reports.

In my case, Firstgear manufacturer (I believe it is Tucker Rocky) responded in a very amiable way and I'm thrilled to report it. By-the-way, the zipper issue is a known issue caused by the company they buy their zippers from. It seems they got a defective batch and it went out before they could do anything. It turns out that the zipper maker has bad customer service (go figure) and Firstgear is going 'round and 'round with them regarding it. Never-the-less, Firstgear stands out!!

Hats off to Sherri and Firstgear!!!:bowdown:

Hmmm...Deja Vu, thanks for sharing! :2thumbs:

CyncySpyder
11-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks Ron:firstplace: I also LOVE my FirstGear Thermo Ryde' Suit I got from Ron:firstplace: Allows me comfortable year-round ryde'n :doorag:

CyncySpyder
11-01-2011, 04:22 PM

ARtraveler
11-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Positive reviews are great. :2thumbs:

This one talks about my favorite riding gear.

Weave2u
11-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Positive reviews are great. :2thumbs:

This one talks about my favorite riding gear.

Yeah... I've got a few other items by Firstgear, and I like them all. The suit I got has worked good down to 34 degrees so far. I do have to wear a jacket liner and long johns, but I knew that when I bought it. I have to wear it to work, and right now it's about 80-90 degrees during the day, so I open all the vents and I'm pretty comfortable (as long as you're moving <wink>), and then driving home early in the AM, it's in the low thirties, so I zip closed all the vents, put on my jacket liner and suit, and off I go. It is a little chilly, but not to the extreme, and the only thing I do need to work on is the gloves. I've got some great Firstgear gloves, but they aren't up for this weather that's coming up (about to be below freezing here for my trips home), so I guess I'll have to invest in some heated gloves. Anyway, customer service is what makes a company in my opinion, and Firstgear's has proven to be first rate.

BIKEMIKE
11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes very nice, ordered mine had it in a 2 days only able to wear twice, ( below 40 ) any higher too hot. low 30s just jeans and a short sleeve. gloves next.

Weave2u
11-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Yes very nice, ordered mine had it in a 2 days only able to wear twice, ( below 40 ) any higher too hot. low 30s just jeans and a short sleeve. gloves next.

I was driving to work comfortably at a little over 90°, I just opened all the vents and stayed cool.