PDA

View Full Version : Question for NY Gawkers

Spyderjockey
11-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Has there been any more thought for a patch or shirts for our newly formed group? It would be great to proudly display our colors and to show commradery like "one for all and all for one ("I just made that up:roflblack:"). Any interest for this?:dontknow:

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 07:46 AM
:2thumbs: It could be fun wearing colors and getting into brawls with the local HAMCUS associates... or the Bloods... :shocked::roflblack:
Seriously though... I DO think that it'd be a good idea... :thumbup:

arntufun
11-01-2011, 08:24 AM
There is a turf war with are the MO Gang and those Dang Hulligans. We will control the whole east coast. We will let Spydergirl in CA have the west coast.

Maybe the NY Gawkers should storm Spyderfest and rev the ever living :cus: out of are engines to intimidate them. :doorag::doorag::doorag: Docs turbo Spyder will not even be fixed by then. :roflblack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1O7e-ubWQ&feature=player_detailpage

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Does this mean that we'll control the East Coast distribution of parts and accessories???:clap:

arntufun
11-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Does this mean that we'll control the East Coast distribution of parts and accessories???:clap:

Will will have to have a meeting about this. If we do we will have to take a portion of the profits from the IPS key covers and the new spark plug wires since they are located on the east coast. This is sounding more and more like the maffia instead of a motorcycle club. :roflblack::roflblack:

SDM
11-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Make them an offer they can't refuse.:bdh:

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I always wanted to be infamous... :yes:
Just maybe not in jail though! :shocked:

Spyderjockey
11-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I always wanted to be infamous... :yes:
Just maybe not in jail though! :shocked:

Whoa baby, are we getting out of control here?:yikes: I was just suggesting a little old patch or maybe a simple little shirt with our logo on it! I'm not ready for gang wars and mafia style of doing business!!:lecturef_smilie::roflblack: But I guess majority rules.:shemademe_smilie::)

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Okay...focus! :lecturef_smilie:
I am seriously up for patches and shirts! :2thumbs:

Sorry... :opps:

mowin
11-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Let me talk to my cousin. She does all that t-shirt stuff. Ill see what we need to do.

mowin
11-01-2011, 10:37 AM
:2thumbs: It could be fun wearing colors and getting into brawls with the local HAMCUS associates... or the Bloods... :shocked::roflblack:
Seriously though... I DO think that it'd be a good idea... :thumbup:

Bob u REALLY need to get your spyder fixed..Think your going thu :spyder2: withdrawl:roflblack::roflblack:

rafiki2cu
11-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Will will have to have a meeting about this. If we do we will have to take a portion of the profits from the IPS key covers and the new spark plug wires since they are located on the east coast. This is sounding more and more like the maffia instead of a motorcycle club. :roflblack::roflblack:

Wow, I wonder how the Big Man will deal with this? :shocked:

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Bob u REALLY need to get your spyder fixed..Think your going thu :spyder2: withdrawl:roflblack::roflblack:

:yikes::yikes::yikes: Why yes: Yes I am! :yikes::yikes::yikes: :opps:
I took Doc's therapy and it didn't do :cus: for me!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif

mowin
11-01-2011, 10:56 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes: Why yes: Yes I am! :yikes::yikes::yikes: :opps:
I took Doc's therapy and it didn't do :cus: for me!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif

The only therapy thats gonna work is shoppin for a new spyder, or watching yours get fixed:thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm gonna KILL something pretty :cus: soon if that idiot adjuster doesn't start doing his job...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_204v.gif He's had the estimate for the carnage on his desk for 2 weeks already...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_16.gif

rnet
11-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I go to work for 3 hours and look what happen. Mild manored Bob joins the WWE. Yes tees would be nice. But really do you think Mogang would venture east of the Mississippi.

mowin
11-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I go to work for 3 hours and look what happen. Mild manored Bob joins the WWE. Yes tees would be nice. But really do you think Mogang would venture east of the Mississippi.

If he's Bobs ins adjuster he better think twice about it:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 11:43 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_101.gif

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Just in case you need ME i'M REGISTERED WITH ATF :yikes: MIKE :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Licensed with an FFL? :2thumbs:

mowin
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Licensed with an FFL? :2thumbs:

Bob, are we going to see you on a future episode of RED JACKET???:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
ONLY if it's got a "N.Y. Gawkers" patch across the back! :thumbup:

mowin
11-01-2011, 01:43 PM
ONLY if it's got a "N.Y. Gawkers" patch across the back! :thumbup:

Think we get alot of Q's about our spyders? Imagin when people see a "NY Gawkers" patch :roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I think a couple of big 'ole, wide-open eyeballs would be a good start for a graphic... :D

coz
11-01-2011, 05:30 PM
you might want to consider a name change before this gets out of control. ny gawkers kind of sounds like a senior citizen bus tour sight seeing club. may i suggest something more appropriate? how about N Y HAWKS ?:yes:

boborgera
11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=coz;387093]you might want to consider a name change before this gets out of control. ny gawkers kind of sounds like a senior citizen bus tour sight seeing club.

Maybe they should add to the Gawkers logo;;
Caution we stop at all garage sales.:roflblack:

mowin
11-01-2011, 05:43 PM
you might want to consider a name change before this gets out of control. ny gawkers kind of sounds like a senior citizen bus tour sight seeing club. may i suggest something more appropriate? how about N Y HAWKS ?:yes:

Gawkers has a nice ring to it thou....Whatever we decide to call ourselves, Ill always think of us as NY Gawkers...

arntufun
11-02-2011, 06:02 AM
All jokes aside. If we are going to be serious about this and do it, I think we should tweek our design a little first. Anyone good at photo shop ??? That design was the best I could do with what I know how to do. I have a old version of paint shop pro, but I think photo shop would be a better program to use. I really do not know how to use the program I have very well. :dontknow:

If we could paste an RT and a RS up in the corner of our design that would look cool. I like Lamonts new shirts that he has with The RT and RS together on the back of his shirt. I know someone on this forum should be able to help us out. I will try again with the logo and see if I can make it a little better. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Sorry... No help here for the creative stuff... :opps: I can barely even TYPE!

Spyderjockey
11-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Sorry... No help here for the creative stuff... :opps: I can barely even TYPE!

Ditto for me.:dontknow:

rnet
11-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Mowin, said he knew somebody that made tee shirts, maybe they could help with the graphics as well as do them up. I also know somebody that did our snowmobile stuff, I could ask him.

Bob Denman
11-02-2011, 07:27 AM
I smell a plan beginning to form... :thumbup:

wyliec
11-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Mowin, said he knew somebody that made tee shirts, maybe they could help with the graphics as well as do them up. I also know somebody that did our snowmobile stuff, I could ask him.

Are we keeping the graphics we have now or are we going to come up with something different?

Never mind; I just noticed post #28.

If arntufun comes back and says that instead of t-shirts he wants to wear quilts, have Holly give him a throat shot after the kidney punch.

mowin
11-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Im going over to her house later this eve. Ill see if she has any ideas, My sister is a wiz with this photoshop stuff.

Give me some ideas and ill see what she comes up with...

mowin
11-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Are we keeping the graphics we have now or are we going to come up with something different?

Never mind; I just noticed post #28.

If arntufun comes back and says that instead of t-shirts he wants to wear quilts, have Holly give him a throat shot after the kidney punch.

Quilts!!!:roflblack::roflblack:

wyliec
11-02-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't know about keeping the words- GAWKERS and Stare If You Dare. That was done to poke fun at coz.

The rest looks good; plus arntufun's suugestion about the RS and RT? JMO

Bob Denman
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I really like the idea of showing the bikes in there somewhere. :thumbup:
One point of concern: I know that a lot of artwork shows up featuring arachnids... :yikes: That just kind of sours my stomach... :opps:
Please... no spiders...
Just Spyders!

mowin
11-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Just sent our logo to my sister. She is going to work on it as I give her info on what we want or dont want.

I think the NY Gawkers is fine for our SL club, but for shirts we need to come up with something else:dontknow:

Bob Denman
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
How about the bikes with the wording both above and below??? :dontknow:

arntufun
11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
3589435895Any Comments ???

arntufun
11-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Just sent our logo to my sister. She is going to work on it as I give her info on what we want or dont want.

I think the NY Gawkers is fine for our SL club, but for shirts we need to come up with something else:dontknow:

:agree:

mowin
11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
How about the bikes with the wording both above and below??? :dontknow:

I did tell her to add the bikes :thumbup:

arntufun
11-02-2011, 10:20 AM
NY Y Factors
NY Throttle Junkies
NY Cruise
NY Y Ryders
NY Roadsters
NY 3's
NY Spyder Ryders

Just a brain storm, sorry

mowin
11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
I like NY Spyder ryders with "the Y factor" in there somewhere

arntufun
11-02-2011, 10:29 AM
I like NY Spyder ryders with "the Y factor" in there somewhere

I like that as well. Maybe we can use the BRP Y logo in the word NY.

:dontknow:

mowin
11-02-2011, 10:39 AM
I like that as well. Maybe we can use the BRP Y logo in the word NY.

:dontknow:

Dont know if that would be allowed, Maybe Lamont will chime in??

Lamonster
11-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Dont know if that would be allowed, Maybe Lamont will chime in??

See the little "R" in the corner?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.031342,-86.792718

mowin
11-02-2011, 10:58 AM
See the little "R" in the corner?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.031342,-86.792718

I figured as much. And dam your quick...:thumbup:

arntufun
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Hows this for starters ??

mowin
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Hows this for starters ??

I like the idea of the State as the backround. Gave sis all the info and ideas and a pic of your oridinal Gawkers logo. She very busy at work on some big project, so I may be a week b4 she she get anything to us. Some of the stuff she has done in the past were amazing, and I hope she comes up with something we all like.

viking3666
11-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Just my 2cts: I was w/ you gawkers(tail end)I had to leave you ryders at Prattsville. I have to agree w/ Coz(who stated this whole thing:)) about the name(gawker) concidering I was a "HEADHUNTER" in Vietnam. Like I said once, there was more donating than gawking. I think we will go back and help out--we stopped at at church and folks had a 'chaingang' w/ 5 gallon buckets taking mud out of a church in Lexington.
Another thing: ck out "alexbaybikeweek"--we have a summerplace near there--beautiful country,nice people,lot's to do,etc--I would be happy to coordinate a Spyder Ride in that area. Maybe a ferry ride to Wolf Island and explore--need a paseport tho--we have EDL's. Can stay stateside too--maybe the locks in Massina--just kicking it around. Best John&Darlene Nielsen
Keep in touch

rnet
11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Good going guys, I'm here just Gawking. If you need me just call.

arntufun
11-02-2011, 03:25 PM
I know we can't use Lamonts shirt but I'm just shooting ideas off.

viking3666
11-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Another ryde: Alex Bay to Tupper Lake--visit The Wild Center--ck it out on the web:)

coz
11-02-2011, 05:02 PM
i think a combination of those two would be pretty cool. a spyder ''launching'' out of the outline of N Y state:clap:with some of your iconic landmarks mixed in:thumbup:

viking3666
11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
roger that--we have the St Lawrence Seaway,wineries,Aderondacks,St Lawrence River(Gordon Lightfoot at The Clayton Opera House),very pleasent place to be,and it's quiet during the week-if you're retired;)

viking3666
11-02-2011, 05:42 PM
AND: the largest wooden boat museum in the word--ck out ABM.com--Clayton,Ny

wyliec
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
i think a combination of those two would be pretty cool. a spyder ''launching'' out of the outline of N Y state:clap:with some of your iconic landmarks mixed in:thumbup:

The spyder(s) will have to be launching out of Hamsterdam on the map.

boborgera
11-02-2011, 06:35 PM
If you don't use a picture of the Statue of Liberty in the logo It ain't New York.
Even though it's actually in New Jersey;:)

mowin
11-02-2011, 06:43 PM
The spyder(s) will have to be launching out of Hamsterdam on the map.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Spyderjockey
11-02-2011, 07:13 PM

Sorry I have been out of the loop. We just got back right before dark. We went for a ryde with Donna(one of the new members that just joined Spyderlovers). It was a great day for a ryde and we went on a lot of back roads and stopped to take some pics. of this little neighborhood of brightly colored chalets.:ohyea:

You guys have been busy with a lot of different ideas for our newly formed group. I do like coz's idea of "a Spyder ''launching'' out of the outline of N Y", but you know Randy, I really like your original idea of the outline of NY State with Niagara Falls and the Statue of Liberty and all the fall foliage. I do agree we could probably come up with a better name for our little group, but I would like to keep the original idea in the running and with the Spyder coming out of the outline some how. Just my 2 cents.;)

Here is a link to the chalet pics. http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/spyderjockey/Chaletspics/ The quality is rather poor on some of the pics., but if you view them as a slideshow they show up better!

arntufun
11-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm Starting to learn how to use this paint shop pro. Here is a start. :thumbup:

Lamonster
11-03-2011, 06:10 AM
This really should be posted on your new group site as this is what it is meant for. :doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php?groupid=1

Bob Denman
11-03-2011, 06:40 AM
:opps: We're new at this...
Viking...:thumbup: Those sound like great places to do some "gawking"...

rnet
11-03-2011, 07:08 AM
This really should be posted on your new group site as this is what it is meant for. :doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php?groupid=1I believe Randy's looking for input from everyone, just like spyderfest planning.

Lamonster
11-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I believe Randy's looking for input from everyone, just like spyderfest planning.Spyderfest is an inclusive group and really all talk should go in that's group page too.
Not sure why you would want input about your groups logo from outside of your group but that's just me. :dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-03-2011, 06:16 PM
" NEW YORK SPYDER RYDER'S RULE " AND MS. LIBERTY SHOULD BE HOLDING A B.A.R. INSTEAD OF THAT WHOOSY LOOKING TORCH :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::gaah: :agree::shemademe_smilie::shemademe_smilie: MIKE :thumbup:

mowin
11-04-2011, 08:32 AM
" NEW YORK SPYDER RYDER'S RULE " AND MS. LIBERTY SHOULD BE HOLDING A B.A.R. INSTEAD OF THAT WHOOSY LOOKING TORCH :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::gaah: :agree::shemademe_smilie::shemademe_smilie: MIKE :thumbup:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: At that scale it think it would be a little bigger then a .50 cal:yikes:

Camdenlake
04-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Hey NY folks. Looking at the SITA ride. I am always on call so whats the cell service like in the area of the ride? Think i flip to AT&T when on the south side if i recall.

Thanks
Josh - Noob spyder owner.

rnet
05-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey NY folks. Looking at the SITA ride. I am always on call so whats the cell service like in the area of the ride? Think i flip to AT&T when on the south side if i recall.

Thanks
Josh - Noob spder owner.I was there 2 weeks ago and we had cell service in Lake Placid. AT&T

ARtraveler
05-04-2012, 10:02 PM
You guys tear me up! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: