PDA

View Full Version : GPS harness & mount kit

go2lkg
10-31-2011, 05:10 PM
I have been watching the forums since buying an RT-S regarding installing my Zumo 550 and how others have done it and I finally bought the harness and mount kit from BRP and did it myself with a little help from the How to videos on YouTube. So, here is the lowdown...
1. The BRP mount that comes with the GPS harness fits the Zumo 550
2. Go to RadioShack and buy an 8' audio extension cord for the 3.5cm audio out, male on one side and female on the other (cost $8)
3. You don't necessarily have to remove the headlight if you have a tool that will grab the cable and help you pull it through
4. The hex wrench needed to remove the 2 bolts from the handle bars is a metric #7, which is not a common wrench...make sure you have one before you get started.

The rest of the instructions and video instruction were pretty right on and it took a novice like me about 2.5 hours. Have fun and safe riding! :2thumbs:

Go2lkg

MarkLawson
10-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Does it include an interface for a mic-in for the Zumo for the intercom system? I want to be able to use the bluetooth feature for my cell...

stevedfive
11-01-2011, 10:34 AM

go2lkg
11-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Does it include an interface for a mic-in for the Zumo for the intercom system? I want to be able to use the bluetooth feature for my cell...

The Zumo 550 has a mic in on the mount adapter and is Bluetooth compatible. I use scalar cardio headsets with Bluetooth as well to tie in the mic. Go2lkg