PDA

View Full Version : Storage for 3 Months

JKaye
10-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi
I'm going away for 3 months and won't be here to start up my :spyder2: on a weekly basis as I did last year .It is in a heated garage and a friend suggested that I just disconnect the negative battery terminal and It should be OK when I get back .
Any advice would be appreciated as to whether this would kill the battery or screw up the computer system

Thank you for any help

boborgera
10-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi
I'm going away for 3 months and won't be here to start up my :spyder2: on a weekly basis as I did last year .It is in a heated garage and a friend suggested that I just disconnect the negative battery terminal and It should be OK when I get back .
Any advice would be appreciated as to whether this would kill the battery or screw up the computer system

Thank you for any help

I would just put it on a battery tender, Then there's no need to disconnect the battery .
Also fill the gas tank, put some stabilizer in and run the engine for a little while so the stabilizer circulates though the fuel system.

Marker
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I would just put it on a battery tender, Then there's no need to disconnect the battery .
Also fill the gas tank, put some stabilizer in and run the engine for a little while so the stabilizer circulates though the fuel system.

:agree: and fill the tires with a little more than max air pressure in them , if you want to cover your:ani29: I would use a cotton sheet so moisture does not get trapped inside the cover
For a fuel Stabilizer I would either use Stabil or Seafoam.http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-use-sea-foam-motor-treatment.html

JKaye
10-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Thank you Guys for the help . I'll start looking into a battery tender
Jkaye

Ga Blue Knight
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I would also get the tires off of the concrete, just roll the bike on a sheet of 1/4" plywood.

arntufun
10-31-2011, 03:20 PM
NO NO NO. All bad advise. What you should do is give it to one of us and we will ride it to the next Spyderlover. We will continue to do this until it has reached every state in the US. Then just pick it back up when you get back. This way the Spyder remaines fully charged and lubricated. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-31-2011, 03:28 PM
You've GOT to love how his brain works... :thumbup:

coz
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
ALL OF THE ABOVE, and maybe put it on jackstands to prevent any tire problems, then hide the keys:yikes:

NancysToy
10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
NO NO NO. All bad advise. What you should do is give it to one of us and we will ride it to the next Spyderlover. We will continue to do this until it has reached every state in the US. Then just pick it back up when you get back. This way the Spyder remaines fully charged and lubricated. :thumbup:
Are we gonna have to get out the coat with the long sleeves again? :D

Ga Blue Knight
10-31-2011, 05:07 PM
Why not keep it simple trade it in on a 2012 and pick it up when you return!

BajaRon
10-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Are we gonna have to get out the coat with the long sleeves again? :D

With buckles! :ohyea:

arntufun
10-31-2011, 05:45 PM
With buckles! :ohyea:

I read in another thread that I'm a candidate for the most improved award !!! :roflblack::roflblack: