PDA

View Full Version : Len and Cowtown

ArkTerry
10-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks Len and everyone at Cowtown!

Due to all the great things I have read here about Len and Cowtown, I decided instead of driving 1.5 hours one way to my nearest dealer where I bought my Spyder (which I have not been unhappy with), to make the 4 hour one way drive to Cowtown for my first 3,000 mile service to see what all the positive comments were about in person.

I called Cowtown and asked for Len and he was very friendly and assured me they could get me in and out on Saturday so that with my total of 8 hours driving I could make it back home by dark, so we set an appointment for 9am this past Saturday. At 9am they took my Spdyer and began service on it, while I meanwhile was welcomed by several very friendly employees of Cowtown and quickly felt at home there. It was great to meet and talk Spyders with Len while the service department worked on my Spyder.

While service was performing the oil changes and doing my needed updates (throttle body, etc), Len was showing me the “High Performance” RT they had there and all the upgrades that came with it, etc....... and my Spyder that went in for only oil change and updates, came out of the service department within a couple of hours with these strange things on it.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/ArkTerry/IMG_0080.jpg

ELKA’s

All I can say is “thanks” Len, I am glad I listened to you. I had not been that unhappy with my 2011 RT’s feel after setting front shocks at 5 and using 20lbs in front tires, and had no intentions of adding Elkas, but I now see what all the fuss is about on Elkas. I took it for a 5 hour ride on Sunday with winds 15 to 25mph and gusty and tired both highway 75mph riding passing big rigs and some Ozark curvy rough back roads and they have really made the ride so stable and make you feel totally in control.

I just want to add my praise to Len and all the folks at Cowtown. What great, friendly, quality service and they are so knowledgeable about Spyders. Again, I have no issue with my dealer, but am so pleased with my experience with Cowtown! Made my 8 hours of drive time well worth it!

CyncySpyder
10-31-2011, 09:09 AM
:agree::firstplace::2thumbs:

warp10
10-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Great, another good Elka thread, looks like I am going to add them to my wish list:gaah:

Lamonster
10-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Glad they got you hooked up. Having had or rode the 2010 and the 2011 stock shocks I can say the 2011 are way better than the 10's. That being said there is room for improvement and Elka's are the way to go in my book. You have 5 adjustments with the stock shocks and 2 of them you'll most likely never use. They are not rebuildable so when they wear out you buy a new set or trade up to something like Elka's. I think it's a good move for anyone that is 200+ or that ride two-up a lot. :doorag:

Barbwire
10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Congrats hope you like what they did. We planned our Fall vacation around having work done at Cowtown 500+ miles away and I am thrilled with the work we had done and how homey it is there. Can't wait for Spyderfest to go hang out again.

Lamonster
10-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Congrats hope you like what they did. We planned our Fall vacation around having work done at Cowtown 500+ miles away and I am thrilled with the work we had done and how homey it is there. Can't wait for Spyderfest to go hang out again.
Dang, I missed Homey last time I was there :joke:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpbCl4jECwYr7pjfJGthauXJr_-ewj9VVts93zaQ66EFHo1jOe

bullant12
10-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Due to all the great things I have read here about Len and Cowtown, I decided instead of driving 1.5 hours one way to my nearest dealer where I bought my Spyder (which I have not been unhappy with), to make the 4 hour one way drive to Cowtown for my first 3,000 mile service to see what all the positive comments were about in person.

I warned you about FRS...:lecturef_smilie: Maybe Y. of Millington are not Cowtown, but a lot better attention than those moneysuckers in FRS. Glad to hear you got well served in Cowtown!!:firstplace:

ArkTerry
10-31-2011, 10:21 AM
I warned you about FRS...:lecturef_smilie: Maybe Y. of Millington are not Cowtown, but a lot better attention than those moneysuckers in FRS. Glad to hear you got well served in Cowtown!!:firstplace:

Again, I have nothing but good experiences with FRS and did not go to Cowtown due to anything they did or did not do. I know it sounds crazy maybe, but I am totally happy with FRS, but still went to Cowtown.

pitbull
11-01-2011, 10:24 AM
It was great to get to meet you Sir!......LOL on the Elkas, I try not to push tooooooo hard on them but the diffrence is so much better I want everyone to get a set! Elkas just bring your spyder to life! And once agin thanks for the faith and trust in us to work for you. Looking forward to having you back at the shop to vist some time soon.