PDA

View Full Version : WINTER STORAGE

Silverghost
10-31-2011, 04:09 AM
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR WELCOME REPLIES, HAVING A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT TOMORROW MORNING AND GETTING READY TO STORE MY SPYDER RTS FOR WINTER. CAN YOU TELL ME IF I SHOULD USE SOME STABIL IN THE FUEL TANK AND KEEP THE BATTERY ON A BATTTERY TENDER FOR THE WINTER? THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES

SpyderRyder2B
10-31-2011, 05:06 AM
:thumbup:That is what we do with my Spyder - gas stabilizer and battery tender.

Prayers for successful surgery and recovery.

Lamonster
10-31-2011, 06:14 AM
Hope the best for your replacement.

I think you have a good plan for storage of your Spyder. :doorag:

dancogan
10-31-2011, 06:17 AM
Great plans for storage. Just remember that all you need is clear roads and warm clothing (see BajaRon) and you can pull it out of "storage" and enjoy a mid-winter ride. Then fill the tank, add Stabil again, and put it back on the battery tender.

Bob Denman
10-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Good luck and here's hoping for a quick recovery for you! :thumbup:
I'd also throw some extra air in the tires since we don't tend to monitor the pressures during the long nap...

NancysToy
10-31-2011, 07:49 AM
Best wishes for your upcoming knee replacement. After the healing and the PT it will open up the world again for you. Best thing I have ever done! I agree with the basic winter storage plan: Stabil or Seafoam in the fuel, top the tank off to prevent condensation, Battery Tender on the battery, and air the tires to the max listed on the sidewall...or a little bit more. If the Spyder weren't so darned hard to change spark plugs on I'd also recommend fogging oil squirted in the cylinders of a warm motor. I skip this step for Spyders. It can probably be skipped on any engine using synthetic oils. Clean and wax/polish before storage, and a breathable dust cover is nice (a sheet works well)...but don't use an outdoor cover in unheated storage...it will collect condensation. Better to leave the cover off.