PDA

View Full Version : How I pack for a trip

Lamonster
10-30-2011, 04:07 PM
I took this video just before I left for Sturgis but forgot to load it to YouTube till the other day. This gives you an idea how I like to pack for a trip. :doorag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8vqG3LSmMY

bruiser
10-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice. Gives folks an idea of what to pack (and maybe what not to pack) for a long trip. We went to Myrtle Beach last weekend for a four day trip. All the storage on our RTS was full. The good part, the wife couldn't do any shopping since we had no room to bring anything back :ohyea:. Now, do I get that trailer? :dontknow:

exwinger
10-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Ok , saw all the tools , fluids , gizmos etc. , etc.. Now where did you hide all your clothes ? LOL

SteveMac
10-30-2011, 09:43 PM
I kinda liked that shorty helmet. What brand is it? I tried to pause the video with no success.

Phil
10-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Cool. That helped me since I've not yet done a trailer trip of any kind! Are those just small black tubs that you have the gas/oil/etc. in?

COOLMACHINE
10-30-2011, 10:05 PM
I tell you Lamonster, that is one cool ride. Seeing it on video really shows that machine off. Pics don't do it justice.

NancysToy
10-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Nice. Gives folks an idea of what to pack (and maybe what not to pack) for a long trip. We went to Myrtle Beach last weekend for a four day trip. All the storage on our RTS was full. The good part, the wife couldn't do any shopping since we had no room to bring anything back :ohyea:. Now, do I get that trailer? :dontknow:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Our trailer was pretty well packed on the Maggie Valley trip, too. Nancy was complaining about not being able to shop for anything. I told her she could shop, but just stick to the small stuff. Big mistake! Small stuff to a woman is stuff like jewelry. It cost a few bucks more, for sure! Next time I'll keep quiet.

Phil
10-30-2011, 10:22 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Our trailer was pretty well packed on the Maggie Valley trip, too. Nancy was complaining about not being able to shop for anything. I told her she could shop, but just stick to the small stuff. Big mistake! Small stuff to a woman is stuff like jewelry. It cost a few bucks more, for sure! Next time I'll keep quiet.

My bride has figured out that most places WILL ship to you if you purchase from them. Most shops don't push it, but they have accounts with FedEx/UPS and it's simple... IF you're willing to pay for it! Yes... it's happened to me :gaah:

glynnk
10-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Lamont--Great video! Clothes packed in the saddlebags? Video didn't indicate what you pack in them.

Glynn

hotglue
10-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Good video!
Flamingobabe and I have traveled for years 2 up..... I would give her a small duffel bag, and tell her she could take anything she wanted... as long as it fit in the bag....:D
I carried the tools in my saddlebag and her stuff went in the other.... the trunk was for leathers and raingear.

Now that she has the Spyder!!!! I have ALL kinds of room to pack stuff..:2thumbs:. and always take too much....
and she has all kinds of room to carry whatever she wants..plus her own tools..... over the years we have learned to travel light....Seems ya actually pack more for a weekend trip than ya do for a 9 week trip....Crazy!!!!!:dontknow:

pro10is
10-31-2011, 12:23 AM
Great video, some really good advice there. I like how you choose your onboard tool selection. You mentioned in the video you carry a laptop with diagnostic tools. BUDS?? Or is it PCV/Juice Box Pro?

Lamonster
10-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Nice. Gives folks an idea of what to pack (and maybe what not to pack) for a long trip. We went to Myrtle Beach last weekend for a four day trip. All the storage on our RTS was full. The good part, the wife couldn't do any shopping since we had no room to bring anything back :ohyea:. Now, do I get that trailer? :dontknow:I never thought I would want a trailer but I pretty much don't go anywhere without it now. There is very little downsides to towing a trailer.

Ok , saw all the tools , fluids , gizmos etc. , etc.. Now where did you hide all your clothes ? LOLThat yellow bag had my clothes in it.

I kinda liked that shorty helmet. What brand is it? I tried to pause the video with no success.I picked it up in Daytona and it was some off brand. I'll see if I can find out for you.

Cool. That helped me since I've not yet done a trailer trip of any kind! Are those just small black tubs that you have the gas/oil/etc. in?Yea I picked those up at Lowes. I like having them for anything that may leak and it works great for keep gear in one place that's easy to find.

Lamont--Great video! Clothes packed in the saddlebags? Video didn't indicate what you pack in them.

GlynnI don't even use my saddlebags, everything was in that yellow bag and it was more than I really needed.

Great video, some really good advice there. I like how you choose your onboard tool selection. You mentioned in the video you carry a laptop with diagnostic tools. BUDS?? Or is it PCV/Juice Box Pro?I have BUDS. It's a long story but it's part of the feedback I give to BRP as part of the RT5 program.