PDA

View Full Version : Spyder sliders?

mrfats
10-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Unfortunately winter is upon us and the Spyder will have to be put in the back garage corner soon. Does anyone know of some time of sliders to put under each tire and slide in to place?

coz
10-30-2011, 03:38 PM
you might try harbor freight for small one wheel dollies. they should be cheap.:thumbup:

arntufun
10-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Simple dollys from a place called Harbor Frieght. They have a web site if you do not have a store close to you. This store has all sorts of cheap stuff.

arntufun
10-30-2011, 03:44 PM
you might try harbor freight for small one wheel dollies. they should be cheap.:thumbup:

Great minds think alike ! :roflblack::roflblack:

SilverFox1
10-30-2011, 05:28 PM
You might even try driving it in that spot! Forward or backward. :D

eagle
10-30-2011, 05:56 PM
i made my own "SLIDERS" by taking 3 pieces of 3/4 inch plywood and put a lite weight swivel castor wheel in each corner. i purchased the castor wheels at menards or some big box home improvement store. i use a small hydraulice jack and piece of wood to lift each corner of spyder to put each dolly under a wheel. this is very cost effective, works well, easy to move on shop floor. i also do this during oil change to give me more room under spyder, sure helps.

coz
10-30-2011, 06:42 PM
especially since there really isn't that much weight per wheel:thumbup: i guess it depends on how much work you want to do.