PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to do a oil change?

dtspyder
10-28-2011, 03:01 PM
:spyder2:

PAPA G
10-28-2011, 03:31 PM
:spyder2:

takes me about twenty minuets but i got my tricks..............

Dudley
10-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Takes me over 3 hours, but I am really slow...that's the time to really appreciate the RT.

NorthStar
10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
It takes me about one to one and a half hours to do an oil and filter(s) change. Draining the oil from the reservoir and crankcase is easier since I changed to drain bolts that allow me to use a socket wrench. Accessing the oil and transmission filter cover screws is what eats up most of the aforementioned time. There are a few mods that can be done to alleviate this issue, but since I don't get paid by the hour I am never in any real hurry.

NancysToy
10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Takes me a couple of hours, and more to do the complete service list. I don't hurry, and do some extra stuff like check for loose fasteners and grease the suspension every time. Checking the spark plugs takes the longest, especially on an RT. When you are doing it yourself, it is not how long it takes that is important, since it costs you nothing more, it is how thorough a job you do. I turn on the radio, enjoy my time in the garage, and bond with my Spyder. I work from a checklist, so I don't miss anything. It is a nice way to spend an afternoon!

boborgera
10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
It depends, If you count just the time it takes to change the filter[s] drain the oil and add oil; 25 minutes.
But if you count the time it takes to, warm the engine, get the tools together,Add oil then clean the tools and wipe any spillage,
put tools away, put the old oil away, and check for leaks, Hour and a half. And that's with out doing any other checks. There are certain things you don't rush, Otherwise it'll come back to bite you.

PAPA G
10-28-2011, 07:55 PM
takes me about twenty minuets but i got my tricks..............

SCOTTY I do all you do but he wanted to know how long to change the oil so I toled him how long Itake

dtspyder
10-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the info:thumbup:,any tips are always welcome.I just got a red 2011RT-S manuel and I absolutly love it.Been riding Wings for 15 years last one a 01 1800 i do miss the power especially on the top end.Imagine what a sweet ride the Spyder would be with that 1300 CC 130 HP Rotax they put in a snowmobile.Maybe someday:spyder2:
There is a group of 4 to 9 riders that ride Sunday AM.We meet at 7 AM at 84 Diner at Hyatis Rd and I-595.I am the only Spyder but no one cares what you ride it's how you ride.Great group of guys,let me know if anybody is interested.
My name is Don