PDA

View Full Version : I can't decide.....What do you think??

SpydherLuv
10-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I've been working with Pete from PowerSportsWraps (who, by the way, is fantastic!) with putting rally stripes on my RT-S. I've finished doing the hood, glove box, trunk, and one fender, but I am undecided as to whether I like the look on the fender or not, so wanted to get others' opinions before moving on to the other fender, or removing what's already on the one. I originally had the piping next to the main stripes, but knew right off that I didn't like the look - way too busy and way too much white on such a small surface. But now, I can't decide if it's still too much, or just right and would like your help in deciding. I know that ultimately it's my decision based on my vision, but my original vision didn't include doing the fenders - it was an afterthought that I figured would tie in nicely if done correctly. Maybe I shouldn't bring the stripe all the way forward..??...maybe the stripes can be narrower??...Anyway, your thoughts on this would be appreciated. Oh, almost forgot, do you think I should continue the striping up around the headlights?

Let me preface this by saying my original plan was to just offset the red a little, not hide it or overshadow it; thus, the rally stripe idea. Looking forward to your feedback.
:popcorn:

35462 35463 35464 35465 35466

ThreeFeet
10-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I've been working with Pete from PowerSportsWraps (who, by the way, is fantastic!) with putting rally stripes on my RT-S. I've finished doing the hood, glove box, trunk, and one fender, but I am undecided as to whether I like the look on the fender or not, so wanted to get others' opinions before moving on to the other fender, or removing what's already on the one. I originally had the piping next to the main stripes, but knew right off that I didn't like the look - way too busy and way too much white on such a small surface. But now, I can't decide if it's still too much, or just right and would like your help in deciding. I know that ultimately it's my decision based on my vision, but my original vision didn't include doing the fenders - it was an afterthought that I figured would tie in nicely if done correctly. Maybe I shouldn't bring the stripe all the way forward..??...maybe the stripes can be narrower??...Anyway, your thoughts on this would be appreciated. Oh, almost forgot, do you think I should continue the striping up around the headlights?

Let me preface this by saying my original plan was to just offset the red a little, not hide it or overshadow it; thus, the rally stripe idea. Looking forward to your feedback.
:popcorn:

35462 35463 35464 35465 35466WOWEEEE!!!!!! Love those stripes!!!! Don't think I would go for more than what you have pictured here. Even the fenders look great,love those stripes!!! But does make it look like TOO much of a good thing. changed my mind about those fenders. Not around the head lights tho think that would be TOOOO much and take away from the straight line configuration.

Questions
10-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I like the way it looks on the fender. Maybe add a small white strip right at the top edge of the inner and outer part of the fender right where it makes it break down. Also agree about
not around the headlights.

ornerydog7
10-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Looks great !! Personally, I like the look of the stripping down the center all the way back (minus around the lights). Doing the fenders takes away from the center stripe (too busy). Good Luck !!!

Ralph

boborgera
10-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Love the racing stripes, Back in 64 i put them on my Barracuda, but i think the stripes on the fenders are a little overkill.:dontknow:
But otherwise looking good:thumbup:

JimAlpha
10-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Looks very good! I prefer the stripes down the center without the fenders.

mowin
10-28-2011, 12:28 PM
another vote to keep the fenders red

DynamoBT
10-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Ditch the fenders. Otherwise, perfect as is. Doing more would detract from the effect. Very nice!!!!

ABQ_Spyderman
10-28-2011, 12:50 PM
I like the stripes on the fenders. Brings it all together for me. Great job!

chris56
10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
looks really good :clap: .. made my strips last year on the first days when I changed from the GS .. but the fenders I would leave more original ... too much for me

Tiny1
10-28-2011, 01:11 PM
IMHO, I would not do the fenders. Takes away from the centre line look:thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
:agree: Keep the fenders red... But it's looking GREAT! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
10-28-2011, 01:49 PM
:2thumbs: Those stripes really make the :spyder2: look great.

I would recommend holding off on more till you get used to the new look. To busy takes away from the effect.

Overkill can be a problem. Its just like chocolate ice cream. The first and second scoop are really good--#10 and 11 are not so great.

SteveMac
10-28-2011, 01:51 PM

Ditto!

Clicker1944
10-28-2011, 01:56 PM

:agree:

arntufun
10-28-2011, 02:31 PM
It really looks great. :2thumbs: I disagree with most of these people, I like the fenders with the stripes.

SpydherLuv
10-28-2011, 02:35 PM
:2thumbs: Those stripes really make the :spyder2: look great.

I would recommend holding off on more till you get used to the new look. To busy takes away from the effect.

Overkill can be a problem. Its just like chocolate ice cream. The first and second scoop are really good--#10 and 11 are not so great.

Love the analogy.. :clap: I definitely want to avoid overkill - just want to keep it simple.

Thanks everyone for your input, I knew you wouldn't let me down. I am leaning towards leaving the fenders red and like akspyderman says, wait til I get used to the look, and may revisit adding the stripes later.

Raptor
10-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Personally I would not do the fenders. But that's just me. I LOVE the rally stripe on the hood all the way back though! Great look. :thumbup:

chickridin
10-28-2011, 03:07 PM
How nice! I like the stripes on the fenders!

fispyder
10-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Stripes look great. I would do the fenders but I would make the stripe about half the size on the fenders (they are too wide for the fenders)than add a small pin stripe to each side like on the body. :dontknow: It is your :spyder2: you will make the finnally call

Marker
10-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Nice rally stripes:clap: ,Lose the white stripes on the fenders and keep them solid red. Do not put any white near the headlights. The rally stripes look awesome on the the frunk :thumbup: and look awesome on the back :thumbup:.

brodyson
10-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I like the fender stripes. I do think they would look better if they were not as wide.

NancysToy
10-28-2011, 05:14 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Looks pretty slick! I prefer the side without the fender stripe.

netta
10-28-2011, 05:32 PM
love the stripes, great idea.But I agree about making the stripes on the fenders narrower.That would tie everything together and not take away from frunk.Just my 2cents.

SpyderDon
10-28-2011, 06:14 PM
:agree: I really like the look. The fenders need white, not as much as you have but maybe pinstripes. Not quarter in ones but maybe half or 3/4 inch. The fenders look naked to me with the stripes. It's the first mod that really got me to say WOW!!!!

SpyderAnn01
10-28-2011, 06:23 PM
It really looks great. :2thumbs: I disagree with most of these people, I like the fenders with the stripes.

So what else is new? :roflblack: I like it better without the fenders but it is cool either way.

SpydherLuv
10-28-2011, 06:36 PM
If I counted correctly, 16 of you say to leave the fender red while 8 prefer it with the stripes. I am now thinking that since I'll have some extra material left over, I may remove the stripes and do something else on the fenders, so stay tuned. And thanks again for your input. :clap:

harddrive
10-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Man, those look awesome. I would not put the ones on the fender, but I do think that a smaller stripe on the fender would look ok.

I think a black set of those on my silver RT would look awesome....

BajaRon
10-28-2011, 07:15 PM
It looks awesome but the fenders need to be all red. Stripeing on the fenders detracts from the great look on the rest of the bike. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

BentGamer
10-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Stripes look great. I would do the fenders but I would make the stripe about half the size on the fenders (they are too wide for the fenders)than add a small pin stripe to each side like on the body. :dontknow: It is your :spyder2: you will make the finnally call

What he said!

SteveMac
10-28-2011, 08:25 PM
I think a black set of those on my silver RT would look awesome....

My thoughts exactly!

arntufun
10-28-2011, 08:29 PM
It looks awesome but the fenders need to be all red. Stripeing on the fenders detracts from the great look on the rest of the bike. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

Tell that to Charlie Sheen, Ron !!! :roflblack:

Neez
10-28-2011, 08:38 PM
I would lose the white on the fenders, I think. Bit too much, gets me thinking of candy canes and barber poles!

Hawk Eye
10-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Center Only

Hawk Eye :doorag::doorag:

BajaRon
10-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Tell that to Charlie Sheen, Ron !!! :roflblack:

So, who is Charlie Sheen and what color Spyder does he ride? :dontknow:

rnet
10-28-2011, 09:07 PM
So, who is Charlie Sheen and what color Spyder does he ride? :dontknow:He rides what ever he can:roflblack::roflblack:

OneBadPenny
10-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Mo says to take it off the fender or he won't let you ride with us anymore :roflblack:

Looks good my friend!!

FaranH
10-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I've been thinking about the same stripes (only black) on my Spyder. I think it looks awesome like it is, but agree with others that the fender stripes actually take away from the center stripe. *maybe* do a small pinstriping on the outside edges of the fender. But either way, your Spyder rocks!

SteveMac
10-28-2011, 10:55 PM
I've been thinking about the same stripes (only black) on my Spyder. I think it looks awesome like it is, but agree with others that the fender stripes actually take away from the center stripe. *maybe* do a small pinstriping on the outside edges of the fender. But either way, your Spyder rocks!

Looks like SpyderLuv and Pete may have a winner here. Get ready for the orders Pete!

Daisyjoe
10-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Looks good. I think a small stripe on the fender would look good. I want to add black stripes to my red and black RS. Maybe one day.:yes:

Lamonster
10-29-2011, 06:40 AM
I think it looks great but my vote would be to leave the fenders clean :thumbup:

GloryRyders
10-29-2011, 07:23 AM
:agree: with Lamont :2thumbs:

Illinois Boy
10-29-2011, 08:10 AM
I agree with the majority about removing the strips on the fenders.... however I do think a couple thin white pin-strips could be added to them to help set-off the overall look.

I wouldn't give up entirely on the idea of something for the fender.

Dizneyman
10-29-2011, 08:14 AM
One more vote for fenders red....Looks awesome either way!!

retired1
10-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Very cool!!! Forget the stripes on the fenders.
JMHO!

SpydherLuv
10-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Mo says to take it off the fender or he won't let you ride with us anymore :roflblack:

Looks good my friend!!

So much for friendship :sour:..:D

SpyderWolf
10-29-2011, 02:14 PM
I also vote for keeping the fenders red. Great looking racing stripes, I really like that look as well. :thumbup:

Sarge707
10-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I Like it with the fenders But I just wish it were mine!:roflblack:

OneBadPenny
10-29-2011, 11:40 PM
So much for friendship :sour:..:D

You know I love ya more than my luggage :ohyea:

spydrluvr
10-30-2011, 02:52 AM
I think i actually like the stripe on the fender.....nice wrap by the way :thumbup:

Paula(Butch2025)
10-30-2011, 09:18 AM
I love the rally stripe (big Camero fan) but to stay true to the original rally stripe, I'd leave the fenders alone, just my thoughts.
--Paula

SpydherLuv
10-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Thank you all for your input, I have decided to leave the fenders as-is. Here are pics of 'Liberty' outside of the garage.

35725 35727

SilverFox1
10-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow!!! I think you got it dead on just like that Spydherluv. Even a little white pin stripe would be too much for me. I think it would take away from the rally theme.
Now I'm thinking,,, imagine black on my Rt Limited,,, hummmm! :2thumbs:

SilverFox

SteveMac
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Wow!!! I think you got it dead on just like that Spydherluv. Even a little white pin stripe would be too much for me. I think it would take away from the rally theme.
Now I'm thinking,,, imagine black on my Rt Limited,,, hummmm! :2thumbs:

SilverFox

Just a thought. If you have the white limited, consider the dark blue rally stripes. The Mustang GT500 look is coming to mind. Pretty sharp!
http://tapatalk.com/mu/46f9db73-f1b4-a0dd.jpg

BajaRon
10-30-2011, 09:55 PM
You're a ROCK STAR!

That's the way to do it!

SteveMac
10-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Thank you all for your input, I have decided to leave the fenders as-is. Here are pics of 'Liberty' outside of the garage.

35725 35727

LOVE it!! Looks great. Just right, not too much. Congrats.

angel
10-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Center looks great Might want to try thinner ones on the fenders or just a small pinstripe on them to try them in. less is often better

LorneD
10-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Your spyder, your choice.
I have a 2010 Camaro in Inferno Orange Metallic with flat black hood stripes. The design that you chose is close to what I would want to put on the Spyder that we plan on purchasing next spring (only with flat black stripes to match the Camaro). I will put 2 narrow black stripes on each fender as a test. If the overall effect is what we want then we would either put on permanent stripes or have them replaced with painted stripes.

There is an advantage with tape as it can be changed easily.:thumbup: Any thought to putting on a clear bra? We did that to the Camaro. There are a lot of gravel roads around here.

Good Luck. Enjoy your machine.

SpydherLuv
10-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Just a thought. If you have the white limited, consider the dark blue rally stripes. The Mustang GT500 look is coming to mind. Pretty sharp!
http://tapatalk.com/mu/46f9db73-f1b4-a0dd.jpg

:agree: - The blue stripe would look great on the Limited (of course, I'm kind of partial to red)! :2thumbs: Give Pete at PowerSportsWrap.com a call and he'll hook you up (he already has the measurements ;) ).

SpydherLuv
10-31-2011, 09:46 AM
So now that my :spyder2: is done, I am thinking about moving onto my helmet. I have a white helmet and am thinking a red rally stripe might just finish the whole look...:doorag:

ThreeFeet
10-31-2011, 11:59 AM
When it comes to the helmet try a couple small spyders and then the stripes front to rear in the center. That would REALLY get somebodys attention.:ohyea:

3tracs
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Love the look, glad you went with no stripes on the fenders or around the headlights. Great job!

arntufun
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM

35725 35727

Now the only thing you need is a couple of stripes on the fender and it would look great. Have you thought about doing that ??? :roflblack::roflblack:

arntufun
10-31-2011, 01:39 PM
So now that my :spyder2: is done, I am thinking about moving onto my helmet. I have a white helmet and am thinking a red rally stripe might just finish the whole look...:doorag:

If you want attention with the helmet do this. No lie, it's get more comments than the Spyder. nojoke

Spyder Wraps Pete
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Wow... I love all the feedback on the Spyder stripes. It looks like we better add these as an option on our website. We can produce any style with effects in them or just solid colors like these. We also have matte Black if you want that look. Contact me direct with any request you have.

pete@powersportswraps.com

814-838-6377

Star Cruiser
11-01-2011, 12:08 AM

35725 35727

Looks Awesome Just Like That! Not overdone, but sure makes a nice statement :bowdown::firstplace:

Schnauzer
11-01-2011, 08:03 AM
You hit the nail on the head with the Stripes. JUST RIGHT :thumbup:
I've seen some awesome work out there on the :spyder2: