PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

dilyles
10-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I just have to tell someone.... I am so pumped right now..... I was all bummed out because I was having to switch from my Windows 7 phone to an iPhone because of work. I LOVE my HTC Arrive and had not been long got passed the learning curve that comes with getting a new phone. Then it hit me..... :duh: I can hook the iPhone up to the Syper and listen to my tunes.... :yes::yes: I was going to buy an iPod as a Christmas gift to myself but I don't need it now.... and I don't have to wait until Christmas to blast out Adele and Nickleback followed by a little Willie Nelson (hehe I said a little willie :opps:) while I'm cruising to work. :ohyea:Granted this isn't rocket science but hey when the light bulb clicks on I have to share!!!! The best part... work is paying for the iPhone, sweet......

SpydeRider2010
10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
have been using mine for several months now....and loving it !!!

and since I listen to a WIDE variety of music... the trike gets an
extra look from people. not to mention the charging aspect of
having it plugged in.

murphybrown
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
I just have to tell someone.... I am so pumped right now..... I was all bummed out because I was having to switch from my Windows 7 phone to an iPhone because of work. I LOVE my HTC Arrive and had not been long got passed the learning curve that comes with getting a new phone. Then it hit me..... :duh: I can hook the iPhone up to the Syper and listen to my tunes.... :yes::yes: I was going to buy an iPod as a Christmas gift to myself but I don't need it now.... and I don't have to wait until Christmas to blast out Adele and Nickleback followed by a little Willie Nelson (hehe I said a little willie :opps:) while I'm cruising to work. :ohyea:Granted this isn't rocket science but hey when the light bulb clicks on I have to share!!!! The best part... work is paying for the iPhone, sweet......

OK set the scene: Non techie great grannie with previous cell phone a flip phone: Gets Iphone 4s...8 yr old grandson operates blindfolded...learning curve much less than I thought...now I love, love, love this crazy phone and KNOW i am only using a small % of it's ability. Starting using Siri this am...at one point I muttered this is stupid (obviously I wasn't getting what I wanted)..Siri replies.."give me a break I'm doing the best I can". :roflblack::roflblack: Dang let's see I would have to go back TO work, get unretired to have phone paid for...NOPE ain't happening...gladly pay my own!!!!
Crank up those tunes!!!!

SteveMac
10-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the iPhone!
Almost 2000 songs on mine. Like my own customized radio station.

dilyles
10-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Now if I can figure out how to get work to pay for the tunes I would be doing great!!! Didn't even eat at lunch today, just rode around a listen to the jams.. LOVE IT!!!!

Shewhoprays
10-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Just rip your CDs and load them onto your iPhone then you don't have to download tunes. That is if you or a friend already have that CD.

tobor9
10-28-2011, 12:25 AM
At least tunes are cheep,I lessen to audiobooks at $15-30ea.but it a great way to kill time on a long ride.

Phil
10-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the iPhone!
Almost 2000 songs on mine. Like my own customized radio station.

Cool App--- TuneinRadio. Hundreds of actual radio stations on the iPhone via 3G or WiFi. On Darth, my iPhone is my:: GPS, radio, iPod and... Phone!! All BlueTooth'd to my helmet.

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Yol Bolsun
10-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Please pass on to employees who do not have company email.

THOU SHALT HAVE NO NON-COMPANY APPROVED MUSIC ON COMPANY ISSUED IPHONES.

Submit requests to Mitch in the IT department for approval.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack:

Yol Bolsun
10-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Cool App--- TuneinRadio. Hundreds of actual radio stations on the iPhone via 3G or WiFi. On Darth, my iPhone is my:: GPS, radio, iPod and... Phone!! All BlueTooth'd to my helmet.

Phil:

Have you tried it "on the road"? How did it work moving from cell to cell?

Phil
10-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Yup. Not a long ryde but 40 miles. Worked really well. I did lose it once but it buffered and came back. I'm sure if coverage was marginal and thus limited 3G bandwidth, it might be like any streaming thing- iffy.

I've used the XM App for awhile now and have had good success.

dilyles
10-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Please pass on to employees who do not have company email.

THOU SHALT HAVE NO NON-COMPANY APPROVED MUSIC ON COMPANY ISSUED IPHONES.

Submit requests to Mitch in the IT department for approval.

Thou shall not be given an iPhone if thou can not play with it.

dilyles
10-28-2011, 11:48 PM

Being the sucker I am we paid around 900 for the factory installed CB.... no Bluetooth, gotta figure a way around that without paying another 900.00.

Phil
10-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Being the sucker I am we paid around 900 for the factory installed CB.... no Bluetooth, gotta figure a way around that without paying another 900.00.

I wouldn't say sucker at all. You notice one item not on my list is CB. I do not have that. No real reason. I'm in the professional 2-way biz for cops, etc. so I'm no longer a CB guy. I USED to have so much CB gear (in my 20s) that it was an obsession :).

There is a relatively simple way to get it all to a BlueTooth helmet. Again, the operative word is TO the helmet, not bi-directional. Bi-directional is more complicated.

Yol Bolsun
10-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Thou shall not be given an iPhone if thou can not play with it.

:thumbup:

SpydherLuv
10-29-2011, 10:54 AM
According to this thread BRP has a Bluetooth adaptor for the comm system.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?33802-2012-RT-Bluetooth-adapter

ruthie
10-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Since we talking about IPhones, how many of you have the 4S? I have the IPhone and thinking about updating to the 4S. What is your opinion on the 4S? Yes, IPhone is great for music while you ride.

Lamonster
10-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Now if I can figure out how to get work to pay for the tunes I would be doing great!!! Didn't even eat at lunch today, just rode around a listen to the jams.. LOVE IT!!!!You need to download this app, it's like free XM on your iphone. I've gone cross country using it.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/pandora-radio/id284035177?mt=8

Lamonster
10-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Since we talking about IPhones, how many of you have the 4S? I have the IPhone and thinking about updating to the 4S. What is your opinion on the 4S? Yes, IPhone is great for music while you ride.Having the 4 already it just wasn't different enough for me to make the move. If I had the 3G I would have been all over it. :doorag:

SteveMac
10-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Having the 4 already it just wasn't different enough for me to make the move. If I had the 3G I would have been all over it. :doorag:

:agree: same here.

Phil
10-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Since we talking about IPhones, how many of you have the 4S? I have the IPhone and thinking about updating to the 4S. What is your opinion on the 4S? Yes, IPhone is great for music while you ride.

I'm with Lamont. In my office there are 60% iPhone users. A couple of the guys are always the early adopters and have the 4S. But for me.... not enough difference. BUT.... I did take my 4 to OS5 and I do like some of the new features.

Oh... and I stayed in a Holiday Inn and I feel great!

TicketBait
10-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Oh... and I stayed in a Holiday Inn and I feel great!

What? No Best Western this time!:D

My wife got the iPhone 4s and is loving it, infact she has already asked "siri" where is a good place to
Bury a body, and it gave her a whole list of suggestions she told me about, as she was smiling:yikes:

docdoru
10-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Having the 4 already it just wasn't different enough for me to make the move. If I had the 3G I would have been all over it. :doorag:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/oct/28/iphone-4s-battery-apple-engineers?newsfeed=true :shocked:

Phil
10-30-2011, 11:06 AM
As a general rule never buy any software or hardware that the version ends in 0 (zero).

dilyles
11-02-2011, 10:21 AM
According to this thread BRP has a Bluetooth adaptor for the comm system.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?33802-2012-RT-Bluetooth-adapter

This would be AWESOME!

dilyles
11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
You need to download this app, it's like free XM on your iphone. I've gone cross country using it.

Got it, Thanks!

Blondespyder
11-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Just a little FYI for any iPhone users.. There is a site called phonezoo that you can download free ringtones and text tones for your phone. Just register and your on your way. This way you can set a personalized ringtone/text tone for all your contacts. You will need to just save the file and drag and drop into your iTunes. Next time you sync..it's in your sounds and viola.. I love it! And now I don't have to buy or create my own. :-)

Blondespyder
11-17-2011, 10:12 AM
You need to download this app, it's like free XM on your iphone. I've gone cross country using it.

Pandora is an amazing app.. I have it on all my apple products.

murphybrown
11-17-2011, 11:12 AM

:agree::thumbup:...I have the 4s....love it...but then when you compare to my previous flip phone..basically NO comparison...but I was very concerned that my aging eyes wouldn't be able to see print on 4s....NOT an issue...highly recommend...reallly like the Siri feature...picture quality is wonderful..actually went on road trip for 3 days and left my laptop at home...was able to do everything I use my laptop for on the 4s...but for the long trips I will bring my laptop...altho I have a friend who has the Iphone and Ipad and NOT a computer...she says she has no need for a computer..then with the 3g feature on both she isn't paying for an internet hook-up (in our area saves her $50 month)...winter arrived yesterday..gorgeous outside...fresh snow, sunshine BUT the only downside is that Ms Spyder will now be put to bed for the winter. She will come out again in March and then I will be plotting and planning to take 2 - 3 weeks to get to Spyderfest end of April...everyone have a GREAT DAY, because it is a GREAT DAY...:yes: