PDA

View Full Version : 12 Volt Connections that will shut off when RTS is shut off (XM & Portable Garmin 145

Motogordo
10-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I installed my SiriusXM in the trunk and used the 12 volt receptacle for power, which remains on all the time. I also installed my GPS and have that tied into the batter charge line which is on when riding and I disconnect it when I put the charger on. Where can I tie the two lines into, where the power will shut off when the bike shuts off.
Gordon 10.27/2011

Bob Denman
10-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Dang Roger... :2thumbs: You've got this whole flow of electrons thing figured out... :thumbup:

Me... I just unplug stuff that doesn't need to he running when I'm done with it. But I ain't as smart as the Boa Dude! :opps:

Pennyrick
10-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I installed my SiriusXM in the trunk and used the 12 volt receptacle for power, which remains on all the time. I also installed my GPS and have that tied into the batter charge line which is on when riding and I disconnect it when I put the charger on. Where can I tie the two lines into, where the power will shut off when the bike shuts off.
Gordon 10.27/2011

Gordon:

Go to Radio Shack and get a switched plug for the receptacle. Then you can turn the power on or off as needed. See photos..... power is off when light is out and its on when light is green.

Bob Denman
10-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Heyyyyyy....... Even I could make THAT one work! :2thumbs: