PDA

View Full Version : wife wants to buy a spyder

josephanddana
10-26-2011, 04:22 PM
We own a 2008 Honda 1800N with 5500 miles, almost total Kuryakyn chromed and power oriented. We went to Middletown Cycle in Ohio to pickup some chrome I had ordered. He also sells CanAm's. Wife has been wanting to ride the RTS SE5 demo for a couple of months now. I've been reading Lamont's comments and Spyder Lovers Forums for 2 months learning how unreliable and expensive they are. To me not an interest item to own, but rode the demo for 15 minutes and took it back and nah! Dealer said ride it an hour and bring it back-ok not as fast as my 1800N-off the line sucks-but sooo comfortable!!!-told him we would think on it. Took Lamont's recall list and shop service fixes to the dealer. We decided on the Black RTS SE5 on the showroom floor-dealer ran the VIN on the computer and all the fixes were already done. Good deal!!! Ok lets deal-he and MSRP are closer together than a dealer in Michigan. I live in Dayton, Ohio, a half hour from Middletown Cycle Shop. Many of your members can't find a good dealer with parts and a good service facility. He gave a little and worked well with us on the chrome accessories and service bargains. First service at 600 miles-I called to schedule an appointment and they told me to just bring it in and it would take 2 hours. Replaced glove box lock that they had in stock while servicing it. Had a guy spray waxing it when I went to pick it up. Got 1700 miles on it now and love it and only have had it for 1 month. Glad I chose to stay with a reputuable dealer instead of going for the bargain. My wife wants to sell the 1800N and get another CanAm like the one we just bought for her to ride. Can't go anywhere without people staring or asking about it. Sooo glad that we bought it!!!

Hawk Eye
10-26-2011, 04:36 PM
:welcome: It only gets better.

Pete :doorag::doorag:

coz
10-26-2011, 04:37 PM
welcome to the site. i've heard good things about middletown cycle. there are several of us in the cincinnati, n. ky area.:thumbup:check out ohio forum:thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-26-2011, 05:28 PM
:congrats: on your new toy...Be careful or you'll end up with an infestation of Spyders in your garage! :shocked: It's good to hear that you've found a dealer who understands just how important his customers are. :thumbup:

NancysToy
10-26-2011, 06:29 PM
:welcome:

Boriken
10-26-2011, 06:43 PM
:welcome:enjoy the ryde..

GadgetGuy442
10-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Congrats!! You'll be smyling more and more every time you ryde!!

All the best,

Bill

SpyderAnn01
10-26-2011, 07:16 PM
A wife should always get what she wants.

CJ/johnnyg
10-26-2011, 08:53 PM

:agree: and it's so much more fun when you have two :spyder2: in the family :welcome:

hotglue
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I have found that when we travel... it doesn't matter if I'm on a Really tricked out Harley.. or a customized Valkyrie.... All eyes and questions come to my wife's Spyder..... I think I may be invisible....LOL

ARtraveler
10-26-2011, 11:31 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde. The fun is only beginning.

GloryRyders
10-27-2011, 06:22 AM
:congrats: and :welcome:..................Ryde Safe and enjoy.

SpyderAnn01
10-27-2011, 07:09 AM
I have found that when we travel... it doesn't matter if I'm on a Really tricked out Harley.. or a customized Valkyrie.... All eyes and questions come to my wife's Spyder..... I think I may be invisible....LOL

My husband would totally agree with you.

MouthPiece
10-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Welcome and I'm interested to know if your "early experience" has altered some of your opinions stated at the beginning of your thread? I realize that it's probably too early to "make a call", but just wondered so far.

Chris

fastfraser
10-27-2011, 08:23 AM
:congrats::welcome:Hope you get lots of smiles per miles !

FANG
10-27-2011, 08:31 AM
:congrats::welcome: Glad you are enjoying the ryde!

tofriendscreek
10-27-2011, 09:35 AM
:welcome: glad you spent the time to investigate and learn about the :f_spider: Ryding it is infectious!

Shouldn't but can't resist - my ex thought that women should always get what they wanted. :shocked:

Enjoy the rydes of your life. :ohyea:

smurfette
10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
:welcome: Enjoy the ryde!

chickridin
10-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Congrats on your new Spyder!!
:congrats:
As I've always said....most people will post a complaint before they post a compliment, so you have to be careful on what you read. And that goes for everything, not just motorcycles. I read nothing before I bought mine. I haven't had any issues so far. I did call Can-Am after I bought it to makes sure all the recalls had been done on it and they said they had.

I was a passenger with hubby on our 06 HD Ultra (which I love!) but wanted my own ride. I bought a Honda Shadow but it just didn't work out......which lead me to the Spyder! :ohyea:But, hubby won't give up his HD...and I don't want him to either.

chickridin
10-28-2011, 10:51 AM

Amen!! :thumbup:

chickridin
10-28-2011, 10:55 AM

The same thing happens to us too....hubby on our HD and me on my Spyder! I love it! :ohyea:

sewnonnie
10-28-2011, 09:14 PM
"We" bought our 2010 RT (SE5 - blue) in May. I never thought I would enjoy driving one myself as much as I do. I bought my Spyder (2008 RS SM5 - yellow) September 17th. Every "girl" needs her own Spyder.

SpyderWolf
10-29-2011, 02:19 PM
:congrats: on your new Spyder. It sounds like you will be joining the 2 Spyder family club very soon as well.

PCBeachBum
10-30-2011, 03:11 AM
:welcome: and once bitten, the :spyder2: is very addicting and knowing a few on these boards, a one :spyder2: family could very well become a two :spyder2: family. :congrats:

BajaRon
10-30-2011, 06:59 AM
The same thing happens to us too....hubby on our HD and me on my Spyder! I love it! :ohyea:

I've always wondered if the Lady Spyder Riders with hubbies on a HD (or other) stay in back because they can't get around or because they don't want to embarras their beloved....

chickridin
11-02-2011, 08:44 AM
I've always wondered if the Lady Spyder Riders with hubbies on a HD (or other) stay in back because they can't get around or because they don't want to embarras their beloved....

Actually........he puts me in front of him.....for now anyway. :)
:trike:

bruisersbaby
11-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Actually........he puts me in front of him.....for now anyway. :)
:trike:

With hubby now riding his Vulcan, and me getting comfortable on the Spyder, we'll have to take a ryde together to see who's in front!!:f_spider:

chickridin
11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
With hubby now riding his Vulcan, and me getting comfortable on the Spyder, we'll have to take a ryde together to see who's in front!!:f_spider:

Just put your foot down and tell him you will be in front! :lecturef_smilie:

josephanddana
12-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Welcome and I'm interested to know if your "early experience" has altered some of your opinions stated at the beginning of your thread? I realize that it's probably too early to "make a call", but just wondered so far.

ChrisSorry it has taken us so long to get back to you! We still do alot of reading on the forum. We enjoy our Can Am immensly and have not regretted buying it. Actually since we bought the Can Am we haven't even rode any on our 2 wheel bike at all.

Happy Safe Motoring
Joseph and Dana

Yol Bolsun
12-06-2011, 04:23 PM
:welcome:

CyncySpyder
12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Congrats & Welcome

2Gunns
12-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Sorry it has taken us so long to get back to you! We still do alot of reading on the forum. We enjoy our Can Am immensly and have not regretted buying it. Actually since we bought the Can Am we haven't even rode any on our 2 wheel bike at all.

Happy Safe Motoring
Joseph and Dana

That has been my expeirence as well.....my 2 wheelers have become museum peices in the garage

NancysToy
12-07-2011, 12:03 PM
.....my 2 wheelers have become museum peices in the garage
:roflblack: Mine were to begin with. :roflblack: