PDA

View Full Version : Good Dealer in Ga.

jeromeb
10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I bought my RTS on June 28 and have enjoyed every mile. I have made 6 trips to the Blue Ridge wih 3 being on the RT this year. I have ridden about 4000 miles of curves and mountains on the RT. On Oct. 9th my neighbor wanted me to spend a week in the mountains with him and his newly purchased Wing. The first night we stayed in Robbinsville, N. C. and when we were to leave the next morning it was damp and cool and the RT cranked and showed the check engine light. I remembered from this site, let it run for a few minutes, cut off, remove key for a few minutes and then restart. It worked and on we went to the Gap and then to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The weather turned windy, cooler, and rainy as we went north and my friend went down in a curve south of Ashville. I saw my friend off to hospital and stayed several hours for park ranger and the wrecker then to check on my friend, bruised shoulder, ribs and ego. The next morning more rain with lower temps and again the check engine light. Reset OK and I decided to take I 40 out of the mountains and take I 75 home towards Atlanta and then to Columbus Ga. Stopped in Crossville Tn. for a visit and have a dry night and the next morning again check engine light with reset. I rememered meeting a Spyder rider in Maggie Valley at the rally when I was getting info on the possible purchase. He recommended his dealer in Cartersville, Ga. and said many good things about him. 75 runs near this dealer, Extreme Propulsion, and a check indicated he was a blue flag dealer. I stopped and the owner took charge and checked the system and found that the selling dealer in Columbus had not performed the up dates at the purchase, 600 mile or the 3000 service even though the check list reguired this. The throttle body needed replacing to solve the program. The Cartersville dealer had no throttle body in stock but said he could have one in 6 days or I could have my local dealer fix the problem. I wanted him for the fix and I would return in a week. He called in a week to confirm my appointment and I made the 135 miles for my appointment, the RT started good in the warm Ga. weather. When I arrived he showed me the shop, neat and clean, introduced the technician, qualified, then offerd me a RTS as a loaner to use during my 1/2 day stay. The Spyder was almost ready when I returned and I was able to see the tech working by way on a closed circuit TV in the store front. The owned stated that they checked the RT over and found it ready to go all covered by the warranty and GOOD WILL. Good trip home and then Friday I decided to make a 3 day run to the Fla. Gulf Coast for a shrimp feast and road test with both successful. I passed the 6000 mile mark on the way home. I enjoy the RT more than I expected and wish my dealer had been more through at the sale and services. I found my delivery check list, not filled out of course, with my sales paperwork.
Jerry

MarkLawson
10-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Sounds like the Cartersville dealer treated you more like family than a customer. It's always nice to run accross folks like that! :thumbup:

cjackg
10-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Yep, that was probably me that recommended Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville Ga to you.
I am glad they took good care of you! They are very good people!

Pennyrick
10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
They say that Carlo reads these comments on Spyderlovers but I would make certain that this tale along with the information on both dealerships gets sent along to BRP just so they know one of their representative dealers messed up.

MouthPiece
10-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Although I've been a big fan of Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Florida, I have had several spyder riders talk about the good service and treatment they receive at Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville, Georgia. The comments have been so good that I've thought about taking me a weeks vacation and stopping by this dealership for a "once over" on my spyder.

Chris

TuckMiddle
10-25-2011, 03:38 PM
They are really super folks. Responsive and they will get the Lion's share of my MX in the future.
Tuck

Yol Bolsun
10-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Jerry,

Good to hear you have found a good (if distant) dealer. Now, on another aside, you are a Georgia Spyder rider. Keep and eye on the Georgia section of the forum. A ride down your way would be nice sometime.

Keith

Bumblebee67
10-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Been down there a couple of times myself and want to add that they all are very nice and helpful and have a very, very nice shop!!:clap:

WackyDan
10-26-2011, 12:04 AM
D.K. and staff at Extreme Propulsion took great care of me and my Spyder when during a trip, the clamping half of the clutch lever cracked and wouldn't hold the clutch lever assembly on tight.

They understand customer service, especially for those of us with issues while on trips.

:2thumbs: