PDA

View Full Version : MI Member Question????

chickridin
10-25-2011, 12:53 PM
This is probably going to sound silly but.....is there something one has to do to be in the MI Chapter???? I thought I saw the Chapter t-shirts but don't want to wear one if I shouldn't be. :shemademe_smilie:

Thank you! :spyder:

chickridin
10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Ok, my bad. I guess it wasn't a MI shirt after all. :opps: But, is there a MI still available?

Rando
10-25-2011, 04:58 PM
If you live in Michigan, your automatically in the Michign Chapter. Welcome! We live in Romulus. Where are you located? We purchased the shirts from Cat, a SpyderLover vendor.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/adpeeps.php?bf=go&uid=100000&cid=419853&aid=6&bzone=frontpagesl&btype=3

dancogan
10-25-2011, 07:07 PM
This is probably going to sound silly but.....is there something one has to do to be in the MI Chapter???? I thought I saw the Chapter t-shirts but don't want to wear one if I shouldn't be. :shemademe_smilie:

Thank you! :spyder:

I think you've already done all that needs to be done to be "in" the Michigan Chapter. Just live here and keep your eye out for postings of Michigan events/rides/get-togethers. Some are just day rides and some have been fun weekenders.

chickridin
10-26-2011, 12:14 PM
If you live in Michigan, your automatically in the Michign Chapter. Welcome! We live in Romulus. Where are you located? We purchased the shirts from Cat, a SpyderLover vendor.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/adpeeps.php?bf=go&uid=100000&cid=419853&aid=6&bzone=frontpagesl&btype=3

Yup, I'm in MI....Port Huron area. Thanks for the welcome! Not many Spyders around here yet.

That's the site I thought I saw MI Chapter shirts on but when I went back there the other day I couldn't find them. I didn't know if I had even seen them in the first place. I just checked again and they're not there. Am I missing something?

chickridin
10-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I think you've already done all that needs to be done to be "in" the Michigan Chapter. Just live here and keep your eye out for postings of Michigan events/rides/get-togethers. Some are just day rides and some have been fun weekenders.

I read here a couple times a week usually. Are HD's, or anything else, welcome on rides? My husband (me too till I got my Spyder) and most of our friends ride HD's. We've got one guy that rides a BMW.

dancogan
10-26-2011, 02:46 PM
I read here a couple times a week usually. Are HD's, or anything else, welcome on rides? My husband (me too till I got my Spyder) and most of our friends ride HD's. We've got one guy that rides a BMW.

Yup, other bikes of any make are also welcome to come along. Lots of ryders also have a two wheeler of some type in the garage.

NancysToy
10-26-2011, 06:15 PM
The Michigan Chapter shirts (and Minnesota shirts) were sold in special order batch lots, after a minimum number of shirts was spoken for. Some Michigan and Minnesota members posted here, getting a list of interested SpyderLovers, then contacted Mark to set up a shirt printing. Michigan just did a second round of shirts recently, so I doubt there would be enough sincere interest for a while for another group buy. Keep your ey on the Michigan forum for the next time, or you could wait several months, contact Mark for the minimums and details, and post to gauge interest again. If you are from Michigan (or wish you were) and are a SpyderLover, you are already a chapter member, IMO.

SpyderAnn01
10-26-2011, 07:22 PM
:welcome:

spydrluvr
10-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Yup, I'm in MI....Port Huron area. Thanks for the welcome! Not many Spyders around here yet.

That's the site I thought I saw MI Chapter shirts on but when I went back there the other day I couldn't find them. I didn't know if I had even seen them in the first place. I just checked again and they're not there. Am I missing something?

Welcome chick:thumbup: as you have read, if you live in michigan you are a member....you did see the shirts on the cat website....they are a special run..which was just completed...we need at least 13 requests to have mark print more shirts, so maybe in the spring we will give it another shot. keep watching the michigan forum....cuz the rydes that pop up sometimes are just informal groups...good to hear from you...hope to meet you one day..:joke:

kim

chickridin
10-28-2011, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=dancogan;384961]Yup, other bikes of any make are also welcome to come along. Lots of ryders also have a two wheeler of some type in the garage.[/QUOTE

Thanks Dan, that's good to know.....hubby rides an Ultra and so do most all our friends.

chickridin
10-28-2011, 04:58 PM
The Michigan Chapter shirts (and Minnesota shirts) were sold in special order batch lots, after a minimum number of shirts was spoken for. Some Michigan and Minnesota members posted here, getting a list of interested SpyderLovers, then contacted Mark to set up a shirt printing. Michigan just did a second round of shirts recently, so I doubt there would be enough sincere interest for a while for another group buy. Keep your ey on the Michigan forum for the next time, or you could wait several months, contact Mark for the minimums and details, and post to gauge interest again. If you are from Michigan (or wish you were) and are a SpyderLover, you are already a chapter member, IMO.

Thanks for the info....on the shirts (I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forum) and for the chapter info!

chickridin
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
:welcome:

Thank you! I'll be around. I go in spirts with reading the forums. However, I do find this one to be the best Spyder forum!

chickridin
10-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Welcome chick:thumbup: as you have read, if you live in michigan you are a member....you did see the shirts on the cat website....they are a special run..which was just completed...we need at least 13 requests to have mark print more shirts, so maybe in the spring we will give it another shot. keep watching the michigan forum....cuz the rydes that pop up sometimes are just informal groups...good to hear from you...hope to meet you one day..:joke:

kim

Thanks for the welcome Kim! I'll watch the forum for the shirts for sure. I thought I had seen them but then thought maybe I was just imagining them when I couldn't find them again. And we just might meet some day. Bay City isn't all that far from us!

Devl
10-29-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm Devl (Devon) and my husband is RTaz (Bob). I have a RS and Bob has a Valkyrie. Were in the Saginaw area, Bridgeport to be exact.
Welcome to the MI chapter and the Board. Hope to see you on some rides someday.:clap:

chickridin
10-29-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm Devl (Devon) and my husband is RTaz (Bob). I have a RS and Bob has a Valkyrie. Were in the Saginaw area, Bridgeport to be exact.
Welcome to the MI chapter and the Board. Hope to see you on some rides someday.:clap:

Thanks for the welcome Devon! Yes, I know were Bridgeport is....go by it all the time going north. We hope to ride a lot more next season......if hubby doesn't have to work so many hours!