PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

Yol Bolsun
10-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Wish there was more time at these Meet-and-Eats to just sit and talk. One day Meet-and-Eats (ride-eat-ride) are fun but don't have much time to sit, get acquainted and enjoy folks. Let alone absorb all the facts about Spyder Mods. Maybe a weekend rally someplace would be of interest to folks. Melanie and I can vouch for the Georgia State Parks (of course, we are prepped for camping) and there are a few that are centrally located. I am just dumping some random thoughts out that are bouncing around that vacant space between my ears.

Oldandgrouchy (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?6239-Oldandgrouchy) (boy is THAT a misnomer), mentioned something about trying to go (en masse) to some of the major events (Spyderfest or 2012 Owners Event) and staying at the same motel (ala those Huligans south of us). Maybe we can be the Rapscallions for those purposes.

Bob Denman
10-24-2011, 09:21 AM
No doubt; it's nice to put a face with all the names! :thumbup:
I've always said that you guys are all just great friends that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.:opps:
Unfortunately work scheduling can make longer getaways difficult, so day trips are about what I'm sure a lot of us are limited to at this time...:gaah:
But that shouldn't keep us from trying! :clap:

Ga Blue Knight
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Well if we continue to do a Saturday event there is nothing to stop folks staying over if they can or want to. For example at the Augusta Meet and Greet we could have had a few folks stay on until Sunday. We could have done a short ride innthe afternoon, dinner and then hang out at a local motel until the wee hours etc. Then on Sunday have a group breakfast before everyone splits for home. This schedule can work for any meet and greet. Folks who have to leave on Saturday will be missed but if they have to due to obligations that should not be a negative. I plan on staying overnight if we go to Savannah or Atlanta meets just to stretch out the event so to speak. As far as camping, 22 years inn the military cured me of that disease. I agree that we need more time together as we start up this effort to plan and get things right. Some cohesive efforts should be a patch and logo for tee shirts and hats as well as a catchy name. "Georgia Spyder Riders" is not very awe inspiring. I suppose " Ga Nut Breakers" is a bit too much :roflblack:

Just some thoughts

bloke
10-29-2011, 08:35 AM
heres an idea i use with customer rides

at the end of the year "run to the sun"

we go the back way to St Augustine Fl, meet early sun morning and run down to Eatonton, Milledgville, Irwinton, Dublin, Mc Rae, Hazlehurst, Alma, Waycross, Folkstone, Callahan, Stark, Crawford, Baldwin, then tunr left at Starke and follow 16 all the way out to the beach...

usually travel down sun stay mon and come back tue but which days people do is up to them, we avoid interstate and stop and chat three to four times its about 350 miles and takes about 8 hours with the stops, mostly divided two lane 55/65mph highways but lots of regular roads too,

nice cheap hotels along the beach with cheap places to eat within walking distance from any of them, hour or so away from Daytona so lots to visit and St Augustine itself isn't exactly lacking things to do and see if you dont want to travel too far and this time of year weather is usually kind to us too,

we have run down sun and come back mon and stayed four days, nice thing is you can jump on the interstate and be back a lot faster if need be but you kind of miss the point of a group ride (by group ride i dont mean you actually have to ride in a group you just need to know the next stopping point along the way) and a lot of conversation along the way,

you guys could do a sat sun run, its nice not hitting the interstate and its also nice hanging out telling lies and having a drink and something to eat with like minded people, you can come back a completely different way and still not hit the interstate which is nice and again if need be you can jump on 10. 16 or 75 and head right back

just a thought ;)

Yol Bolsun
10-31-2011, 04:51 AM
heres an idea i use with customer rides

at the end of the year "run to the sun"

we go the back way to St Augustine Fl, meet early sun morning and run down to Eatonton, Milledgville, Irwinton, Dublin, Mc Rae, Hazlehurst, Alma, Waycross, Folkstone, Callahan, Stark, Crawford, Baldwin, then tunr left at Starke and follow 16 all the way out to the beach...

usually travel down sun stay mon and come back tue but which days people do is up to them, we avoid interstate and stop and chat three to four times its about 350 miles and takes about 8 hours with the stops, mostly divided two lane 55/65mph highways but lots of regular roads too,

nice cheap hotels along the beach with cheap places to eat within walking distance from any of them, hour or so away from Daytona so lots to visit and St Augustine itself isn't exactly lacking things to do and see if you dont want to travel too far and this time of year weather is usually kind to us too,

we have run down sun and come back mon and stayed four days, nice thing is you can jump on the interstate and be back a lot faster if need be but you kind of miss the point of a group ride (by group ride i dont mean you actually have to ride in a group you just need to know the next stopping point along the way) and a lot of conversation along the way,

you guys could do a sat sun run, its nice not hitting the interstate and its also nice hanging out telling lies and having a drink and something to eat with like minded people, you can come back a completely different way and still not hit the interstate which is nice and again if need be you can jump on 10. 16 or 75 and head right back

just a thought ;)

Bloke;

Thanks for the pointers. I like this concept.

bloke
11-26-2011, 08:57 AM
you guys are welcome to come hang out next sat (the 3rd) there are many good places to eat but i might knock up a pot of chili for the spyder peeps :thumbup: