PDA

View Full Version : Recap and pictures of Spyder ride October 22, 2011

Chuckster
10-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Just a note to thank all of you that participated in the ride yesterday. A special thanks to Spyderpops for leading us to the top of Queen Wilhelmina for lunch. Good food, good weather, and great roads to ride. It just doesn't get much better.

Also, a special thanks to Bradford Marine and their personnel in Hot Springs for the hospitality including coffee and donuts. That started the ride off right and it just continued to get better.

The iron man award goes to Terry who rode round trip from Jonesboro. The iron woman award goes to our ambassador Faran who rode round trip from Judsonia. Your efforts are appreciated.

This is a picture of our rest stop at the Lum and Abner store on Highway 88 outside of Mena. Click on picture to enlarge.

This row of Spyders got a lot of attention from the bikers and non bikers alike. I'm always amazed at the number of owners of other brands that want to get a closer look.

To those that couldn't make this ride, I hope that you can make the next one. The tentative date is November 12, 2011. I will confirm the details and the date in the near future.

In the meantime, I hope you ride safely and enjoy this great riding weather.

Chuckster

Lamonster
10-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a good time with good folks. I got a text from Faran that she turned over 5000 miles on that trip. Her ride was 440+ miles that day, not bad for a new rider. :thumbup:

Chuckster
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a good time with good folks. I got a text from Faran that she turned over 5000 miles on that trip. Her ride was 440+ miles that day, not bad for a new rider. :thumbup:

She was and is a real trooper. Can-Am made a good decision when they selected Faran as an ambassador.

FaranH
10-24-2011, 07:51 AM
She was and is a real trooper. Can-Am made a good decision when they selected Faran as an ambassador.

You are very kind, Chuck. It was such a great day and I appreciate you and SpyderPops for organizing and leading it. I'm glad I hit a major milestone (5000 miles about halfway through the day) in such good company and not out riding by myself. We have such fun and diverse group of riders!

Now I just need to contact FarmBoy to see about getting an exhaust set-up like he did. That sounded great!:2thumbs:

I'll post some pictures later today if I can sneak away from work;)

ArkTerry
10-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Great ride! I was a bit nervous about how I would hold up on my longest to date ride ever = 14.5 hour day (left in the dark, got home in the dark) and 582 miles! The Spyder made the trip great, and I continue to be amazed at how safe, stable and comfortable a ride it is providing me.

Glad to see a good turnout for the ride and look forward to more rides in the future. I took some pictures and videos while riding (a bit shaky driving with one hand and filming with the other) which I am crudely throwing together into a picture/video complitation that I will put on youtube and post here in a bit.

Lamonster
10-24-2011, 08:51 AM
That's sounds like a good run Terry, you'll be ready for an Ironbutt in no time. :doorag:

ArkTerry
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM
That's sounds like a good run Terry, you'll be ready for an Ironbutt in no time. :doorag:

LOL, thanks!

ArkTerry
10-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Ok, first excuse the filming quality. I am using a small Canon ELPH 300 HS camera and shooting most of the pictures and videos with one hand while driving the Spyder with the other. (Waiting for the new Drift Stealth HD's to come out so I can be safer, LOL). Next, excuse my roughly thrown together attempt at compiling pictures and video clips into one youtube movie. There is no sound except for wind noise during the video clips, sorry.

Be sure and view in full screen and change the setting in the lower right to 780p HD for the clearest picture.

http://youtu.be/Y7HEzyY-F0Q

Chuckster
10-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Terry. Thanks for taking and posting the video. Great way to remember a beautiful day and wonderful ride.

Chuckster

effgjamis
10-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Terry... let me know when you are going to do an Iron Butt.. I just may join you and try and get the 2x 1500 in 48 hrs. 1= 1500 in 24 hrs..