PDA

View Full Version : knees don't work

purplepig
10-21-2011, 05:45 PM
So I have had my 2008 gs for about a week now, and can't seem to get my right knee to fold into the required angle comfortably. I am wondering if anyone has info on footpeg lowering kits or possibly a kit to move pegs forward? Obviously shifter and brake pedal need to move as well.... Love the bike, quick, shifts smoothly, fun to ride, but I worry I won't be able to brake as quick as I need with knee uncomfortable. Thanks for any info. Dan

daveinva
10-21-2011, 07:09 PM
So I have had my 2008 gs for about a week now, and can't seem to get my right knee to fold into the required angle comfortably. I am wondering if anyone has info on footpeg lowering kits or possibly a kit to move pegs forward? Obviously shifter and brake pedal need to move as well.... Love the bike, quick, shifts smoothly, fun to ride, but I worry I won't be able to brake as quick as I need with knee uncomfortable. Thanks for any info. Dan

To my knowledge there's nothing out there that relocates or lowers the driver's pegs (someone will be along shortly to correct my knowledge if I'm wrong!).

There are, however, plenty of footboard and highway peg options available. Some of those options allow you to brake with your heel versus your toes, that might be what the doctor ordered.

For a more expensive option, you can also install an aftermarket handbrake in addition to buying boards and/or highway pegs, and never need worry about using the footbrake again.

NancysToy
10-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Foot position:
Aftermarket footboards or highway pegs

Brake position:
ISCI handbrake

Shifter position:
Trade for SE or install Klik-Tronic electric shifter

Surgery and/or PT may allow you more movement in that knee, as an alternative.

ARtraveler
10-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Instead of lowering the footpegs, another alternative is to raise the seating position.

Airhawk inflatible cushion, Sheepskin pads, gel pads etc.

I hope you can find the right combo. There is nothing worse than joint pain as you get into a nice ride.

Chick
10-24-2011, 06:24 AM
:agree: I got an Airhawk seat cushion which helped my knee pain and then added one inch of foam in the Airhawk cover. MUCH better and cheaper than surgery (which may be coming soon).

sealfloorboards
10-24-2011, 10:49 AM
H,

You might want to look at my sealfloorboards.com. On the RS, the brake is moved forward about 2". The very large floorboard area allows for heel or toe braking. Installation if very simple. Good luck and..........

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

tofriendscreek
10-24-2011, 02:49 PM
I have some knee/leg/joint issues also, Sealfloorboards were the key! Easy install. Made my ryde comfortable.

purplepig
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Bought a 2011 rt-s this past weekend, fixed all the problems. thanks for the advice guys.

NancysToy
11-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Bought a 2011 rt-s this past weekend, fixed all the problems. thanks for the advice guys.
That would sure do it! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: