PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean your phantom panels?

Pincushion
10-20-2011, 12:33 PM
OK fellow Spyderlovers,

I recently sent HELLON3 to the clinic for a few cosmetic procedures. WHAT a difference!

I am looking for a good cleaner that will clean road grime, bugs and the like from the flat black panels without making them shiny.

What do you use?
A friend recommended a "Harvey Danielson" product they sell for their denim (matte) finishes, Anyone ever use that?
Another friend said that he uses Windex!

THANKS

NancysToy
10-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Windex Multi-Surface with Vinegar. Never use regular Windex with ammonia. The Turtle Wax Ice products also do a good job, but the polishes or detailer will deepen the color and luster a bit.

qasamm
10-20-2011, 01:55 PM
The ammonia in windex may lead to aging of the plastic. I use a product called black again for serious cleaning once or twice a season. It goes on shiny but dulls out nicely over night. For general wipe downs I use Pledge sprayed onto a shop towel. Also use the pledge on the shiny parts.

NancysToy
10-20-2011, 02:05 PM
The ammonia in windex may lead to aging of the plastic. I use a product called black again for serious cleaning once or twice a season. It goes on shiny but dulls out nicely over night. For general wipe downs I use Pledge sprayed onto a shop towel. Also use the pledge on the shiny parts.
That's why I said never to use regular Windex. The Windex Multi-Surface utilizes vinegar, instead, and has not crazed any of my plastic in many years of repeated and frequent use.

pro10is
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM
The alcohol in Windex has also been known to age plastics and paint, albeit slowly after prolonged use over a long period of time. It's ok for occasional use (I still use it) but the safest cleaner product I know of for plastics is Plexus.