PDA

View Full Version : Has your RT ever ingested anything in the front air intakes?

Questions
10-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Chipmunk? Bird? Small child?...

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Not sure if this is tongue in cheek question or what ? but in the RS anything bigger than a walnut isn't getting into the rubber snorkel airtube and once something does it has to travel about 10inches into the bottom of the OEM airbox. then it would have to go up and pass through the filter prior to getting to the throttle bodies which are 6 inches over to the left. So no I don't think it's possible. However I am not a genius certified highpriced DEALER TECH so what would I know :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :gaah: :gaah: Mike :thumbup:

Questions
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
My RT has four huge openings in the nose, the bottom two are big enough to pass a loaf of bread through. Yesterday I had a Robin sized bird fly out from infront of me and I couldn't see if he made it clear or not. That got me wondering if anyone has had anything pass through those openings before. I actually stopped and checked to see if i had a birdstrike. It was all clear.:thumbup:

coz
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
that's mighty funny mike:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

boborgera
10-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Never with my Spyder, But i did catch few birds,
And one woods rat with the grill on my Dodge Ram.:opps:

Marker
10-19-2011, 04:42 PM

Thank Goodness,nothing bigger than a monarch butterfly and lots of bugs, but ironically just before our Canadian Thanksgiving a wild turkey ran out in front of me :shocked: but I mangaed to slow down and avoid it:pray:.:thumbup:

guinness
10-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Had to clean the intake a few times as I have rolled a few squirrels and have caught lots of bugs.

Bob Denman
10-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Never with my Spyder, But i did catch few birds,
And one woods rat with the grill on my Dodge Ram.:opps:
:shocked:How did you get a rat up in the grille??? :yikes:
Or was he pole-vaulting across the road when you interrupted him?

boborgera
10-20-2011, 06:56 AM
:shocked:How did you get a rat up in the grille??? :yikes:
Or was he pole-vaulting across the road when you interrupted him?

Suicide by Ram.:shocked: [no note]

frank3
10-20-2011, 07:59 AM
During a trip across western Kansas, ran into some Meadowlarks. One lodged in the coolant radiator and another ended up lodged in the left front wheel. Rode another 70 miles till the next fuel stop and found them both. Surprised that I hadn't noticed some imballance in front wheel but didn't. might be the "Ride-On" that prevented it. No damage. Removed the dead birds, fueled up and went on.

SpyderFun
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM

WHERE are you riding???? :roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't think that we want to know... :shocked: