PDA

View Full Version : Club ride to Shaniko, OR

RetiredCGRider
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
George MacGillis
Sunday 10/16/11
Well yesterday the club started out on a ride with 2 Spyders and 4 motorcycles. We were going to go to Mary Hill winery but after a fuel stop in North Bonneville city we had a new destination for our trip, Shaniko OR. So we rode through The Dalles where we had lunch at Cousins. Then after a fuel stop we headed down Hwy 197 to 97 and into Shaniko. Not much there, most of the town is closed up and for sale. No fuel and only a small store open. By this time it was getting late and starting to get cold, so we made a quick fuel stop in Biggs, Junction we headed home.
It was nice day for the ride, and it would have been nice to see more riders there. But we had a great time. With great people and weather to boot.
Jewell Crowe (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1563462750) Now George is a guy and has a "guys" description of our trip to Shaniko. I on the other hand, (guess it is a girl thing) really enjoyed the trip. It was a little ghost town with a lot of spunk... history. If I knew how to attach a picture I would... really neat little town.