PDA

View Full Version : SiriusXM on my RTS/SE5

Motogordo
10-18-2011, 06:10 PM
I installed my SiriusXM radio today on my 2011 RTS. I decided to put it in trunk so it is not in the open. I can't change the stations while riding, but I can when I stop. The 12 volts comes from the recepticle and the audio comes from the BRP adapter and the antenna is in the trunk. Everything is held on by double sided tape.
Gordon

mrfats
10-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Dumd question: do you move the antenna outside when you're listing to the radio? If so, where do you put it?

Motogordo
10-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Dumd question: do you move the antenna outside when you're listing to the radio? If so, where do you put it?

No. It works perfectly in the trunk facing upwards on the ledge in the back of the trunk. The white label you see on the back is just stuck there. The antenna is on the ledge off to the right.
Gordon

murphybrown
10-19-2011, 10:10 AM
My XM antenna is magnetic so I just put on bolt on back left top in rear trunk...stays fine...but still considering getting the Garmin with XM....have to talk to Teddy and see how his human (Dave) likes it...how he changes channels....all that pertinent info....right now the XM I use plays thru FM on my auto system that came with Ms Spyder (2010 RT w/audio)....

Bob Denman
10-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Has anybody tried one of those XM Snap units yet? They transmit their signal to your FM radio...

CyncySpyder
10-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Has anybody tried one of those XM Snap units yet? They transmit their signal to your FM radio...From reading Murphys comment, it sounds like she has what yur talk'n about :joke:

CyncySpyder
10-19-2011, 10:53 AM
My XM antenna is magnetic so I just put on bolt on back left top in rear trunk...stays fine...but still considering getting the Garmin with XM....have to talk to Teddy and see how his human (Dave) likes it...how he changes channels....all that pertinent info....right now the XM I use plays thru FM on my auto system that came with Ms Spyder (2010 RT w/audio)....

If Teddy allows me to, I'll shoot a short video showing how its all set-up & how to use the XM option of the Garmin Zumo 665 mounted & intigrated into the RTs audio system, when I get home from work today:shocked: all, of course, depending on the Tedsters mood when I get home ;)

murphybrown
10-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Has anybody tried one of those XM Snap units yet? They transmit their signal to your FM radio...

OK first I tried the XM Skydock which uses your ipod .... not satisfied...(of course take into consideration that I am totally NOT geeked!!!)...then because I am determined to have XM found the XM Onyx....works well....Separate little unit...that I put in the back trunk...plugged into the 12v and the antenna is a little magnetic item that I just "clip" to that bolt (upper left) inside rear trunk...stays fine...programs thru FM....
Downside: Can't change stations without going back to Onyx unit...also, if the FM station I am using to transmit XM/Sirius thru is not in an area I have just traveled into...of course lose reception but again have to change to another FM (this can be done by front left control on Spyder handlebar...just like changing normal fm radio stations...
Any other ? ask....will try and answer....
I would say I give this a 8 rating....10 would be that I could change station while driving....

Rando
10-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I have a Sirius Stiletto 100. I found a motorcycle mounting kit for it on eBay that included two different types of antenneas. I modified the motorcyce mount to fit the BRP GPS mount and use the built in FM tuner to play through the radio/speakers. If I need to use the GPS, I mount it in the trunk in a holder I installed and use the auxillary audio jack in the trunk. When I cruise around town, I use the speakers. When I cruise on faster roads, I use a Bluetooth adapter and wireless earbuds. Works great!

NavyChiefEd
10-27-2011, 03:56 PM
What model radio did you use and how does the 12 volt adapter work with the radio? I got an electrical kit with the bike but don't really know anything about it.It is too late in the year to do it now but I want to put it on my Christmas wish list. I want to be rockin come spring. It is a long ride to Spyderfest. Need some SERIUS tunes. Chief Ed:ohyea:

Lamonster
11-20-2011, 06:10 PM
If Teddy allows me to, I'll shoot a short video showing how its all set-up & how to use the XM option of the Garmin Zumo 665 mounted & intigrated into the RTs audio system, when I get home from work today:shocked: all, of course, depending on the Tedsters mood when I get home ;)Did you ever do this? I got everything working but I'm not getting my XM through the earbuds or the speakers. I can hear map directions through my earbuds. This is driving me nuts. :banghead: