PDA

View Full Version : Eyewear!

currin20fan
10-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Help ladies..........I wear glasses complete with bifocals. I can't see far away and I really don't need the biofocals to drive. I haven't found a pair of transitions lens that get dark enough for my blue eyes. Does anyone have suggestions on eyewear that won't cost me an arm and a leg. My regular glasses already are a small fortune but don't keep the wind and sand from swirling under my glasses.:dontknow:

RGVSpyderGirl
10-18-2011, 12:38 PM
I wear a half-helmet with a shield to protect my eyes. A full helmet would work too but I have had neck surgery and my neck can't support the weight of a full helmet.

murphybrown
10-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Help ladies..........I wear glasses complete with bifocals. I can't see far away and I really don't need the biofocals to drive. I haven't found a pair of transitions lens that get dark enough for my blue eyes. Does anyone have suggestions on eyewear that won't cost me an arm and a leg. My regular glasses already are a small fortune but don't keep the wind and sand from swirling under my glasses.:dontknow:

I got a pair at a local motorcycle shop the brand name is Global Vision....you just take the lens to any optical place (WalMart/Costco in my area) and your prescription and they will do them for you. The glasses were around $35 and the prescription work was $50...Hope that helps....the glasses are great they have the cushioning all around the eye piece on the inside keep the "stuff" out very well.:clap:

currin20fan
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I got a pair at a local motorcycle shop the brand name is Global Vision....you just take the lens to any optical place (WalMart/Costco in my area) and your prescription and they will do them for you. The glasses were around $35 and the prescription work was $50...Hope that helps....the glasses are great they have the cushioning all around the eye piece on the inside keep the "stuff" out very well.:clap:

Great, I'll surely look into it!

bruisersbaby
10-19-2011, 06:43 AM
I wear a 3/4 helmet that has the sun shield built into it and full visor. You can just use the sun shield with your regular glasses or if it's cold, rainy, windy, whatever, pull the full visor down. It works really well for me. You can see it in my picture.

currin20fan
10-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I do wear a 3/4 helmet with the face shield. I can interchange them from dark to clear. But, the weather in my area can be extremely hot and then I wear a top helmet.....with no shields at all. Maybe the solution would be to get another helmet with the shields then wear my regular glasses.

currin20fan
10-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Yesterday I discovered the solution and why I didn't think of it myself before now is beyond me. Since its getting a little cooler in SC I decided to install the clear visor that came with the GMax helmet I purchased in July. I put on my sunglasses and took a ride. Problem solved with the wind and sand coming in my face. However, it will be even better when I get a pair of sunglasses that are not polarized and without the biofocals. Thanks for all the help.:thumbup:

murphybrown
10-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Got this on my facebook page....see if you can do a google search and find it...You may find helpful hints from Fred (a Spyder ambassador)...

Ready to Ride with Fred Rau: Everything you need to know about sunglasses.. posted 10/21/2011 It was on the Can-Am community BLOG...