PDA

View Full Version : After The Mods

rafiki2cu
10-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I have put on all the chrome Can-Am has and Elkas are on the way. I now have the old parts lying around every where in the garage. What do you do with the stuff you take off your spyder. Keep them? or just get rid of them.

coz
10-15-2011, 09:32 PM
you have two choices, sell your excess parts, not much demand though for stock parts, but some. save everything for when the day comes to sell the bike. return the bike to stock , which makes it easier to sell ,and sell your goodies here on spyderlovers.that seems to be the general feeling around here. it makes sense to me.:thumbup:

Illinois Boy
10-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I would agree wholeheartedly. It has always worked best for me to do it that way; as you'll never get the money out of your custom pieces when they remain on the bike. Parting them out gives you a better chance to make some of that money back.

Also... once in a while you might hear of someone that wants to replace a stock-part when they break... you could think of selling it to them at that time if you wanted.

rafiki2cu
10-16-2011, 02:18 PM
After reading your response today I have packed eveything into boxes and keeping just in case a new Spyder comes my way.:thumbup: