PDA

View Full Version : XENON DEPOT HID LIGHTING- PLEASE HELP

SPYDERGUY1
10-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Anyone other than Firefly install these on there sm5 ? If so how did it go ? Is it worth the money and effort ( increased lighting ) , would you recommend. Have sent a pm to Firefly but no answer as of yet > Would really like to upgrade the front of my spyder as the rear is already done ( esi, triple play etc ) Have been in contact with them but actually would like some user input from the forum. Would be looking at either the VOLT or the EXTREME, SPYDERLOVERS LET THE WORDS FLY AND SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS. Thank you.

Arthur---Mexico
10-13-2011, 09:53 PM
I had to retune my Spyder headlights and the instructon repair book did not indicate a correct way to do so. So I used one of my cars whose headlights are the same height as my Spyder's are. I aimed them on a wall 30 feet away. The results was excellent. I had the oportunity to check then when I went to the Gaitinburg convention last year where I did a lot of night driving. The OEM head lights, when properly aimed, give you all the light you need without blinding oncoming cars. The trick is to aim them corrctly. There's no need to purchase expensive add ons. Arthur---Mexico City

Star Cruiser
10-13-2011, 10:05 PM
I have to agree with Arthur, It made a huge difference when I aimed my "Regular" headlights according to the owners manual. (easy to align, btw).

I did add Fog Lamps when I bought my RS and find that they help, especially in Fog & Rain where the lower light sourse is an advantage to cut down on reflective light back at ya.

Schnauzer
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Going to have to wait till dark:pray: to see if it was worth the time and little effort. They had just installed a set in the shop and closed the doors and were making the adjustments. It really seemed to light up the shop area really well. I will agree with the other 2 posts, if you have the OEM lights adjusted for your preference, they really light the way :thumbup:. Couldn't pass up the deal on these lights. Sitting in the shop and not selling, so got a great discounted price, also it's cheap advertisement for the shop..

RAYYOU
10-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I installed the Extreme kit about 2 weeks ago and the improved lighting is great. Install took about 1 1/2 hours. hardest part was getting the guts to drill the large hole in the cover on the rear of the headlight.

SpyderAnn01
10-18-2011, 11:23 PM
I just installed the Xtreme HID on my RT and I really like them. Not only can I see better at night but I am more visible to others in the daytime and at night. The install was easy just follow the step by step instructions that Phil posted

kinggeek
11-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I just installed the Xtreme HID on my RT and I really like them. Not only can I see better at night but I am more visible to others in the daytime and at night. The install was easy just follow the step by step instructions that Phil posted

What do I need to order for my rt for both headlights and foglights?

Bob Denman
11-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Question:
What is the degree of difficulty :shocked: in getting these beauties tucked in and happily lighting the way?