PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Spyderlovers in Olympia, WA, area

Spyder Cat
10-13-2011, 11:01 AM
One of our local Spyder enthusiasts (Bruce) is looking at a 08 RS that's listed in the classified for sale by a person who lives in Olympia, WA.

I'm just wondering if any of our Spyderlovers might know this 08 RS or the person who has it for sale.
Or, if you live nearby, would you be willing to check it out to make sure it's legit?

Bruce is so excited. I'd hate to see him get taken to the cleaners.

Cat

Questions
10-16-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm the Bruce that Cat refers to. With her help and someone she recommended, we have good indications this was a scam ad. Once you ask the seller to produce a VIN or request he take the Spyder to a dealer for inspection, he stops communicating or comes up with excuses to prevent you from authenticating its value (assuming it even exists). His excuse for not being able to supply the VIN was that while the bike was in Olympia, WA, he was in Florida! Oh my...I'm only surprised he wasn't in Nigeria.

Once again, "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is".

p.s. Cat's helper (George) says the shipping company the seller recommends is upset because they've gotten tons of queries about whether the deal is legit and they want no part of it. Not their fault; they're just being used as part of the scam, I think.

Spyder Cat
10-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks George! Spyderlovers Rule! :thumbup:

Glad ya found out before you got the wrong end of that deal Bruce!
Don't worry, your Spyder will come along.

:doorag: