PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake was adjusted and now I have an issue--HELP!

ABQ_Spyderman
10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
I had my oil changed last week and they said my parking brake needed adjusting, so they fixed it. Ever since, when I am going at low speed (stopping or inching up at a light) it makes a sound, even if my brakes aren't depressed, like a squeeky brake. I also feel some vibration--almost like it's sticking--when the sound occurs. Sometimes it's so loud that it seems like it's crying. Anybody ever have this happen? Is there an easy fix, or do I have to take it back in and wait forever while they try to squeeze it in? :dontknow: Please advise.

Thanks,
Andy

AZ Desert Spyder
10-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Sounds like they may have adjusted your parking brake too tight. You can try backing it off yourself. This video shows how easy it is. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mrlki5_l-8&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mrlki5_l-8&feature=player_embedded)

Bob Denman
10-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Andy,
Mine was also making that sound... kind of like a bear's "death rattle"... :shocked:
It's not a tough job playing with the parking brake... Just make note of exactly how much of a change you make and in what direction so that you can always backtrack a bit if necessary. It's also better to make several small adjustments... :thumbup:

ABQ_Spyderman
10-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Hey thanks! I'll try that tonight when I get home. Good stuff!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-12-2011, 02:40 PM
:2thumbs: When are we going to see more of your videos??? :thumbup: :popcorn:

AZ Desert Spyder
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM

Sorry if I gave the impression I made that video.:opps: Actually I just happened to see it recently in another post. I believe it was created some time ago by someone who was nice enough to pass on the information. I actually adjusted my parking brake based on the video and it worked great so I wanted to pass it on. :thumbup:

By the way, there is also a lot of good information on the DYI forum for various issues in case some folks haven't noticed. I don't see this video there, but it would be a good place for it so I'll post the link there also (but I'll make sure nobody thinks I made it ).;)

ABQ_Spyderman
10-13-2011, 03:40 PM

Bob I've been swamped at work. I'm trying to get out to Amarillo to do some Route 66 stuff, it just hasn't happened. :( I may just have to keep the first Route 66 video limited to the Albuquerque area. ;) I'll post it when I finish up. Hopefully within the next month!

Andy