PDA

View Full Version : Cuba, MO Fest ride?

bruceofthebronx
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Whose going, can we ride as a group?

Yol Bolsun
10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
It's on our calendar but already have several events vying for a limited amount of vacation daze available.

GASpyderLady
10-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Whose going, can we ride as a group?
I have reservations but am not sure what day I am leaving. Would be nice to go in a group or two.

bruceofthebronx
10-11-2011, 04:43 AM
It's on our calendar but already have several events vying for a limited amount of vacation daze available.
and provide a chance to ride with 'club mates'? I'll let u kno the datesa we are leaving, hope it can work.
Bruce

Yol Bolsun
10-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Melanie and I are planning on Ladybug RV (cuz we have the Bunkhouse) Still waiting on reservations. Prolly wanna leave ATL area Tuesday AM (overnite stay enroute may be a consideration). Arrive Cuba Mo area noonish on Wednesday. Returning after Cowtown breakfast on Sunday (again overnite stay enroute may be consideration).

Let me rephrase that. There will be an overnight between ATL and Cuba, for us at least.

Yol Bolsun
11-02-2011, 07:53 AM
bump

Yol Bolsun
11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Bruce:

If you are in the neighborhood (figuratively speaking), would you be willing, along with OldandGrouchy to coordinate the Georgia Spyder Riders Spyderfest jaunt?

zrc
11-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Greetings all,

I am planning to head to Spyderfest, and I am just north of the ATL area, if you all are ryding up and wanted a place to stay, its a little north and a bit out of the way (about 30 miles) but I would happily offer up my place to be somewhere to overnight.

Just thought I would throw it out there.

MarkLawson
11-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm planning to head there to arrive Tuesday night. Will be going through Memphis to join up with my brother & Goldwing trike for the rest of the trip. Will likely stay Monday night with him & make the second half of the trip Tuesday.
This will add about 100 miles to my trip each way, but that's just fine when I get to ride with my brother! :yes:

Ga Blue Knight
11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Bruce:

If you are in the neighborhood (figuratively speaking), would you be willing, along with OldandGrouchy to coordinate the Georgia Spyder Riders Spyderfest jaunt?

I am about 90% sure right now that I will be able to go. In either case I will be glad to help get the plans started. I am going to make my trip over two days (about 400 miles each day) and get there before the start of the Spyder (arrive April 26) Fest and start back home the first day (Sunday May 1)after it is over, again taking two days to make the trip. If any newbies would like to take their first long trip I would be very happy to lead them and help them plan. If a 400 mile day seems too much I would be open to do a two and a half day up and a two and a half day back. The full days in this case would be only about 250 to 275 miles each with the balance on the third day. This should be do able for almost anyone who wants to go for it. I will be leaving from Augusta Ga, taking I-20 West past Atlanta and going up the back way from Alabama via I-55 North. It's a much nicer ride and you avoid all of the massive road construction and traffic around St.Louis and other cities on the route. I will be camping in Cuba Mo but staying at motels on the way. If anyone is interested lets talk.

By the way my wife made me change my avatar, she thought it was not dignified enough!:banghead::shemademe_smilie:

GA-SPYDER
11-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Last year's "vacation" was spent at the Cleveland Clinic, getting heart plumbing fixed.
Vacation for 2012, per my wife, will be getting knees repaired/replaced. WTF?
Maybe some recovery could be riding 1600 miles round trip!:thumbup:

Ga Blue Knight
11-03-2011, 06:37 PM
My by the time you will be done with the doctors you should be 110%! If you want to go to spyderfest at a slower pace, I'm retired and not in any hurry. I am thinking of getting an Augusta group together to have a fun trip and a reasonable pace, avoiding traffic etc. Let me know how your doing with the doc's.

Yol Bolsun
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Speaking of docs, I see that docdoru has posted a Florida Xpress map (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?33891-Anyone-in-the-viewing-area-going-to-Spyderfest-in-April&p=385294&viewfull=1#post385294), coming thru ATL. We are tentative planning on leaving ATL Tuesday AM. I am liking the route thru Birmingham idea. Route still to be discussed. May have Doc - Riverside joining us.

Ga Blue Knight
11-04-2011, 05:51 AM
I am also planning on leaving Augusta Tuesday. Doc will most likely do the entire trip in about 3 hours and 45 min. :roflblack: Well maybe not that fast but in one day for sure. We could work out a first night meeting place perhaps for the Augusta group and then ride together from there or if no one else from Augusta is going I could stay at my daughter's house Monday night in Marietta and meet up with the ATL group. It's still a little early for exact details but it sounds like a plan.
:chat:

Yol Bolsun
11-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Bruce yoohoo Bruce...

bruceofthebronx
11-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Melanie and I are planning on Ladybug RV (cuz we have the Bunkhouse) Still waiting on reservations. Prolly wanna leave ATL area Tuesday AM (overnite stay enroute may be a consideration). Arrive Cuba Mo area noonish on Wednesday. Returning after Cowtown breakfast on Sunday (again overnite stay enroute may be consideration).

Let me rephrase that. There will be an overnight between ATL and Cuba, for us at least.
We (Marilyn & I) agree that the distance requires a stopover in both directions. Let's talk and see if a small group of us can travel together? Have a great day.

Bruce

GASpyderLady
11-08-2011, 10:28 PM
We (Marilyn & I) agree that the distance requires a stopover in both directions. Let's talk and see if a small group of us can travel together? Have a great day.

Bruce
Have reservations and it is on the calender. If the timing works out I would love to join the group travel plans.

cracker
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Darcy (Skosh) and I (Cracker) are planning on leaving Tuesday Morning as well. We will be pulling a camper and trailer with dogs. We are camping at Lady Bug Campground April 25th - 29th. We are fine with anyone else joining us on the ride.

Yol Bolsun
11-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Day and a half ride...

Yol Bolsun
12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Day and a half ride...

Lot of discussion this weekend. I see overnight on way up between Hayti MO and Cape Girardeau. Just my two cents.

SteveMac
12-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Lot of discussion this weekend. I see overnight on way up between Hayti MO and Cape Girardeau. Just my two cents.

Hey folks. Just a suggestion from someone who lives in the area. If you are dog tired when you hit Hayti,I wouldn't stop there. I'd still make the ride "at least" up to Sikeston MO, and If you can bear it, you can push on it is worth the trip on up to Cape Girardeau. Drury Hotels corporate home is in Cape Girardeau and you can't go wrong there. Plus a lot more food selections.

Im not sure what your route to Cuba would be, but there is a very nice route from Jackson Mo to Cuba Mo that my wife and I take each trip. Adds about 45 minutes, but hey the ride is most of the fun. Right?!

Anyways, I live about 20 miles south of Cape Girardeau and feel free to email me if you want any insider info on food, route etc.

Looking forward to seeing you all!!

Oh, I guess I should put my email here. Smcanelly@yahoo.com

See ya!

Yol Bolsun
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Steve;

Thanks for the input. Sikeston or Cape "G" sound good.

As for final leg, I was looking at Jackson to Cuba via Potosi.

Will have to see what others think.

SteveMac
12-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Steve;

Thanks for the input. Sikeston or Cape "G" sound good.

As for final leg, I was looking at Jackson to Cuba via Potosi.

Will have to see what others think.

Excellent choice my friend. If you stop in Sikeston, Lamberts Cafe is a must. If you go to Cape there are LOTS of choices near the I55 exit.

Your route is a good one.
I would suggest taking Hwy-72W out of Jackson Mo all the way to Ironton and pick up Hwy-21N there. Then up to Potosi and take Hwy-8W and the hit Hwy-19N at Steeleville into Cuba.

A really nice ride. Enjoy!! And don't hesitate to email me if you need to.

Yol Bolsun
02-11-2012, 05:44 AM
bump See my map previously posted.

HntngTrout
02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Lambert's Home of the Throwed Rolls http://www.throwedrolls.com/ If you walk away hungry it's your own fault. Expect a wait when you go but it is well worth it....

Hawk
02-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Lambert's Home of the Throwed Rolls http://www.throwedrolls.com/ If you walk away hungry it's your own fault. Expect a wait when you go but it is well worth it....

mmmm, been to the one in Alabama, real good food.

Cavman
02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
I bought a trailer last week since I don't have the long distance experience on a motorcycle. Also, Stumpy will be coming along on the trip. Stumpy is my little ferret buddy and I can't leave him at home.
I have reservations at Lady Bug Campground. Since they are full, she is going to put us somewhere and I'll have a power cord to my plot of turf. We will camp in the Tundra.
I'm planning to get to Cuba on Tuesday. Need to get in some Geocaching before things start to get Spyder Krazy!

Yol Bolsun
02-19-2012, 06:33 AM
I bought a trailer last week since I don't have the long distance experience on a motorcycle. Also, Stumpy will be coming along on the trip. Stumpy is my little ferret buddy and I can't leave him at home.
I have reservations at Lady Bug Campground. Since they are full, she is going to put us somewhere and I'll have a power cord to my plot of turf. We will camp in the Tundra.
I'm planning to get to Cuba on Tuesday. Need to get in some Geocaching before things start to get Spyder Krazy!

We are planning on arriving about noon on the 25th. will be at LadyBugRv also.:thumbup:

BTW...it's already Spyder Krazy at Cowtown and, I suspect Cuba.