PDA

View Full Version : Private messaging

Blue Star
10-07-2011, 08:58 PM
When sending someone a private message is there a way to know if they received it other than by sending them another PM asking them?

Mr. White
10-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't think there is a "received" method. Lamont will be able to answer this. I always try to respond to any PMs that I get.

:spyder2:

Blue Star
10-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I just PM'd you an example of a read receipt.

Got it, amd sent you one so I can see how it looks on my end. Thank you.

Mr. White
10-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Please share where we can see if a PM is received. Thanks.

:spyder2:

bjt
10-08-2011, 10:49 AM
When sending a PM or replying to a PM, before you send it, scroll to the bottom of the page and under Miscellaneous Options there is a checkbox for "Request a read receipt for this message". Check that box and you will get a notification when the recipient opens the PM.

Blue Star
10-08-2011, 10:54 AM
When sending a PM or replying to a PM, before you send it, scroll to the bottom of the page and under Miscellaneous Options there is a checkbox for "Request a read receipt for this message". Check that box and you will get a notification when the recipient opens the PM.

:agree: But you have to go to the sent items part and look for this (at the bottom) "You have 1 confirmed and 0 unconfirmed private message receipts." (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/private.php?do=trackpm)link. My original question was about after you sent a PM without the request clicked. I guess there is no way other than by clicking the request box. Thanks for all the help, I learned something new :thumbup: