PDA

View Full Version : Very very very shady dealer!

boyallie
10-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Champion Motorsports in Lake Grove, Long Island.

Made an offer....travelled a long distance to get there....few miles away I get a call saying they have to bump the price $1200. When I complained they just hung up on me. BEWARE.

daveinva
10-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Ugh, the bait and switch. :mad:

When I bought mine, I drove from D.C. up to Philadelphia to sign the paperwork and hand over the check. I made absolutely sure I knew what I was paying for before I bought it, had the email trail printed out quoting me the price I was paying.

That said, even that was no guarantee that the dealer wouldn't try to pull a fast one on me then and there, knowing I had driven from so far away. My GF had come with me on the drive, I told her that if that happened, anything over a $200 price difference I was going to walk-- I begged her not to be surprised/upset if that happened, I'd take her for a cheesesteak if that happened ;)

I will say this: one good thing with each passing year is that the world is slowly adjusting to the internet age, and a lot of old dealer tricks are becoming impossible to pull on people (at least, *prepared* people). I haven't had to negotiate a vehicle purchase *in person* since the 21st Century began. I hope my streak continues, and your luck gets better quickly!

SpyderDen
10-07-2011, 10:03 AM
This dealer did finally respond to my internet inquiry. Sounded very shady and admitted they have lost their contract with BRP.:gaah:

Bob Denman
10-07-2011, 11:03 AM
It kind of makes you wonder just how stupid they think we are. :gaah:
It also makes you wonder how much ammunition we are giving them! :shocked:

ARtraveler
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I believe that dealer name has popped up here a few times.

It is good to hear they lost their BRP contract. What goes around, comes around.

boyallie
10-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Strange....on their website they have can am logo and links to brp.Total aholes.

boyallie
10-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Just checked the can am website...these idiots are still a dealer!

SpyderDen
10-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Sorry for your issues. Real bummer. I think his exact words were "We are loosing our contract". Maybe not official yet. Just another "sounds to good to be true deal. I hope you walked. :gaah:

SpyderAnn01
10-08-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you are getting a bad deal but back on 09-19 you posted a question asking "is this a great deal" and you were warned that it didn't sound legit. I hope you can work it out.

ARtraveler
10-08-2011, 01:41 PM
boyallie: I also went back and looked up your previous threads.

Bottom line: If it sounds to good to be true--it probably is.

At least we know which dealer to stay away from now.

boyallie
10-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Geez...I didn't buy it when the price was upped! No way would they get a penny of my money.

PLZDVM
10-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Champion Motorsports in Lake Grove, Long Island.

Made an offer....travelled a long distance to get there....few miles away I get a call saying they have to bump the price $1200. When I complained they just hung up on me. BEWARE.

Live in Miller Place, bought mine at LI Powersport Massepequa, Jon and the rest of the crew were and have been great.

Ck them out, got a fair deal and they have been more than accomadating.......