PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Chrome

SpyderLuv
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I am looking for the chrome foot peg support castings for the 2010 RT SE5. Can-Am wants $579.99 for these and I was hoping to find them cheaper. If anyone knows of any place that has these please let me know. Thanks and ryde safe.

harleyRick
10-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I took all of my metal of and had it chromed saved about $600.00 in all. Handle bars, windshield bracket and everything on the foot controls and my kewlmetal highway pegs. total was $1200.00.

SpyderDen
10-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I have two sets of OEM grey if you want a set to get chromed. I also tried to have a local chrome shop do it. The labor involved was the killer. I got my dealer to give me 15% discount and they installed at no charge on my second RT-S.

TicketBait
10-06-2011, 12:46 AM
I also was taken back because of the price ,but then had a brainstorm and had that part and the windshield bracket painted to match the bike in timeless black. I think it came out wonderful for both, and found a body shop to do it for $250, I did chrome lots of other stuff.

harleyRick
10-06-2011, 09:23 AM
I have two sets of OEM grey if you want a set to get chromed. I also tried to have a local chrome shop do it. The labor involved was the killer. I got my dealer to give me 15% discount and they installed at no charge on my second RT-S.

Wow that's a great deal !:clap:

harleyRick
10-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I saw a chrome windshield bracket on eBay the other day for $200.00

Y Rider
10-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I saw a chrome windshield bracket on eBay the other day for $200.00

Not sure who does the chrome work for BRP but their quality control stinks on the windshield support. The top of the right side was severely pitted on the first, second and third one from the dealer. The dealership had to have BRP hand pick one that didn't have pits. All were on the top right side. They must have had a problem in there chroming process. All the other chrome items had no problems.

SpyderDen
10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Had the same issue with the handle bars. Had to order a second one too. Same pitting issues, but this one is great. Delayed my delivery about a week.

SteveO
10-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I know its not chrome, but I had mine powder coated black; pegs support plates, pegs, passenger footboards, screen support for $300 Canadian including ceramic coating the heat shield and end cap on the muffler black.

Gives it a stealth look for not a lot of cash, you might want to consider. I did buy the chrome handle bars from BRP.

Biggest headache was getting the brake side pegs support plate off and on!

SteveO