PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Meetup/Ryde This Weekend?

Rando
10-04-2011, 07:18 AM
The forecast calls for a SPECTACULAR weekend! Anyone want to meetup?

Suggestions:

1. Joe's Gizzard City, Potterville
2. Dam Site Inn, Hell
3. Town & Country, Cement City
4. Hidden Lake Gardens, Tipton
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Lake_Gardens)5. ???

SpyderAnn01
10-04-2011, 08:36 AM
We've got a HOG ride on Saturday but no plans for Sunday.

Littlebadwolf
10-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Count me in...don't care about the destination...:)

dancogan
10-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Sunday is probably out for us, but I might be able to talk Geri into a ride on Saturday. I would prefer the Wells (Town & Country) or Hidden Lake Gardens ... or both. The Gardens might be nice ride after lunch at the Wells. I'll talk to the boss about Saturday. If Sunday is best for the majority don't worry - I've gotten in a lot (too much) of riding the past few days anyway! lol

RLS
10-04-2011, 05:11 PM
The forecast calls for a SPECTACULAR weekend! Anyone want to meetup?

Suggestions:

1. Joe's Gizzard City, Potterville
2. Dam Site Inn, Hell
3. Town & Country, Cement City
4. Hidden Lake Gardens, Tipton
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Lake_Gardens)5. ???

Count Joan and me in. We think Dan's idea will work for us. Town & Country, lunch at Wells and then Hidden Lake Gardens. Randy, want to meet and ride out together ? If so let us know when and where to meet. I'm going to see if a friend will be able join us.

NancysToy
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
My pancreas is still trying to recover from a long weekend of road food and eating off schedule. We'll have to pass...at least on the lunch part. We'll play the riding part by ear. Never visited Hidden Lake Gardens.

bitsy224m
10-04-2011, 07:25 PM
WOULD LOVE TO GO FOR IT IS GOING TO BE SO NICE, BUT AM DRIVING BUS TO CLEVELAND FRIDAY AND RETURNING SUNDAY.....BUT I HAVE BEEN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THESE PAST DAYS AND DOING SOME LOCAL RIDING...HEADED FOR HELL TOMORROW....YOU ALL HAVE FUN THIS WEEK END.....

dancogan
10-05-2011, 06:41 AM
...We'll play the riding part by ear. Never visited Hidden Lake Gardens.

This time of year Hidden Lake Gardens is just beautiful. It's on Route 50 near the town of Tipton. Admission is $3 per person.

Dan

RLS
10-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Hey Rando,
Have you made any decisions about this weekend ride, as far as meeting times.

rickm
10-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Me and my wife would love to go (Sun). We have to get a sitter so if we could fine out what everybody would like to do it would help .I like the lunch in cement city and than the gardens, but that just me. Again if I could a where and when it would help. Thanks Rick and Jan

Rando
10-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Bonnie missed out on Gizzard City both times this year so it looks like that is where we will be headed, her request. Not sure of the day or time yet.

I recommend lunch in Cement City and then the Gardens but someone else will need to take the lead on this one. Sorry!

rickm
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
We got a sitter so Potterville is fine, need a time and place. Hope to meet alot of Spyder lovers. Rick

spydrluvr
10-06-2011, 10:45 AM
....tunnel of trees for me this week-end...enjoy the ride!!! maybe next time:D

dancogan
10-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Well, decide on a day - if it's Saturday then Geri and I will join the group for lunch and I'll be glad to lead the way over to Hidden Lake Gardens. (If the group goes on Sunday I'm sure Geri and I can find someplace to take the Spyder on Saturday. lol) HLG isn't too far from the Wells. I guess we also need a time to meet for lunch ... :)

RLS
10-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Hey Dan,
Joan and I are up for lunch at Wells and the Gardens. Do you want to meet up and run together or meet in Cement City.
Bob

rhansen309
10-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi all,
We would love to join you but Friday we are heading to Midland from Athens to see our son. The plan is to ride around Midland, Saginaw, and Bay City on Saturday. If we make it home Sat night great, if not then we will be home Sunday. The Gardens sound like a great Ride. Perhaps we will go to the gardens Sunday afternoon. Thanks.

SpyderAnn01
10-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I'd definitely be up for Artesian Wells and the gardens (whatever they are!) on Sunday. I can't make it on Saturday.

So we need somebody to make a decision on which day and which place?

dancogan
10-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey Dan,
Joan and I are up for lunch at Wells and the Gardens. Do you want to meet up and run together or meet in Cement City.
Bob

Ok, a plan is coming together. We will be at the Artesian Wells for lunch right around noon, maybe a bit earlier, on Saturday. Bob and Joan will be meeting with Geri and me at the Meijer's parking lot on AA-Saline Road at 10:30 am to find some pretty roads to the Wells. Anyone who would like to join us just let us know. Otherwise look for us at the Wells.

Chime in if you want to meet us at the Wells Saturday so we know what size table to get for lunch. From the Wells we'll go to Hidden Lake Gardens, which is very near Tipton on Route 50. Then we will be finding our way home. Many nice roads for that, too!

NancysToy
10-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Ok, a plan is coming together. We will be at the Artesian Wells for lunch right around noon, maybe a bit earlier, on Saturday. Bob and Joan will be meeting with Geri and me at the Meijer's parking lot on AA-Saline Road at 10:30 am to find some pretty roads to the Wells. Anyone who would like to join us just let us know. Otherwise look for us at the Wells.

Chime in if you want to meet us at the Wells Saturday so we know what size table to get for lunch. From the Wells we'll go to Hidden Lake Gardens, which is very near Tipton on Route 50. Then we will be finding our way home. Many nice roads for that, too!
We'll meet you at Artesian Wells.

dancogan
10-07-2011, 12:42 PM
We'll meet you at Artesian Wells.

:thumbup: Great!

rickm
10-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Is anybody riding on SUNDAY ? I'am ready just say where and when. Rick & Jan

Littlebadwolf
10-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I'll check in at the Wells on both days to see what's going on...I only live 15 miles from it so Spydie won't even be warmed up before I get there...I'll see ya's...those who are showing...:)

rhansen309
10-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi all,
I hope you had a great day at the gardens. Emily and I are thinking of going tomorrow. Can you drive through them. The map shows black top roads, so I would imagine you can. Thanks.

NancysToy
10-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi all,
I hope you had a great day at the gardens. Emily and I are thinking of going tomorrow. Can you drive through them. The map shows black top roads, so I would imagine you can. Thanks.
Yes, you can drive through, and there are a number of parking places along the way.

rhansen309
10-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Yes, you can drive through, and there are a number of parking places along the way.

Thanks. I think we are going in the morning and then to a Chile cook-off and bike show in Plymouth Michigan. Looks like only an hour away from Tipton by way of US 12.

NancysToy
10-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks. I think we are going in the morning and then to a Chile cook-off and bike show in Plymouth Michigan. Looks like only an hour away from Tipton by way of US 12.
US-12 is beautiful right now. It was full of bikes today.