PDA

View Full Version : Ely, Minnesota Ryde

Paula(Butch2025)
10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Our day started at 7am heading north to Grantsburg, WI to meet up with (Bumblebeeyello) Robin and Ed, driving up the WI side to Superior/Duluth. We then met up with (bobbobtar) Bob and Kathy and their friend, Dave. Our group headed up the North Shore to connect with Hwy 1 and wind our way to Ely for lunch at the Boathouse Brewery Restaurant, YUM! Then it was time to start heading for home, as we went, different members of the group started peeling off to each of our hometowns. As Robin, Ed, Butch and I were stopped in Sandstone deciding if we should take the slower Hwy 23 or the stop & go "freeway" the North Branch Boys and some friends zipped past us and then waited for us in Hinckley....this made for a nice rest stop. We eventually made it home by 7:30pm. What a fantastic day! --Paula

Big Arm
10-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Sounds like another great ride I missed out on...:gaah:
How about some of those great pics, Paula ??? :popcorn:

SethO
10-02-2011, 09:43 PM
it was one of those perfect days , the two weeks a year of them, road all over dirt town. Wish i could have made it over, had to watch the vikings burn in.

Paula(Butch2025)
10-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Happy you got out to ride...like you said how could you not! We listened to the last quarter while eating lunch in Ely...not good...the game, lunch was great!
--Paula