PDA

View Full Version : RT Rear Audio Controls Operation

Hawk
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
I have a stock RT-S with rear audio controls. I have it in the shop (not just for this) because all it does not seem to do anything. I am picking it up today, and the dealer replaced them, but said it still doesn't work, so it may be the actual radio. But I could have swore I saw in another thread (which I cannot find), that unless you have the the communication for the helmets it doesn't do anything. Is that true? Shouldn't the dealer know this?

SpyderDen
09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
The rear volume controls only control the BRP headsets. They should allow channel and song track changes though. And yes the dealer should know this.

Hawk
09-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Well, I'm a dummy for not knowing this, but I didn't order a new one and replace it!!!!!!! No wonder they are for the second time telling me that the vibration is "normal"!!!!!!!!

BitSlayer
09-30-2011, 04:47 PM
The rear volume controls only control the BRP headsets. They should allow channel and song track changes though. And yes the dealer should know this.

:agree: I too originally thought they should control the volume of the rear speakers. I took mine in for my 3K oil change and had the dealer look into it. He is the one that echoed the above to me. I agree, your dealer should have known this and talked with you about it.

bruiser
09-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Well, I'm a dummy for not knowing this, but I didn't order a new one and replace it!!!!!!! No wonder they are for the second time telling me that the vibration is "normal"!!!!!!!!

Went through the same thing last fall with my dealer. They even ordered and installed a new rear control. Guess what they found out...

Spyder Couple
09-30-2011, 06:14 PM
You can make it so you can hear music coming out of the speakers instead of the headset. I like my music so I have my spyder set so I can hear it in my headset but I also have it so the music comes out of the speakers so when the wind interfers with the headset I can still hear the music. If I am working out front I will turn on the speakers so I can listen music while gardening. I believe with the rear controls you can only change songs when using just the speakers, I don't know if the volume will work with just the speaker.

bruiser
10-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Volume only works with headset. Yes, you can still change stations without headset.