PDA

View Full Version : good dealer in Maine or NH?

dupontrob2000
09-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Anyone have any good dealer experiences or problems. I'm looking to get a RT-S in the spring and don't mind driving a little bit to find a good dealer. Any one in particular i should avoid or horror stories.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Rob

DynamoBT
09-29-2011, 07:26 PM
I like Freedom Cycle in Concord, NH http://www.freedomcyclenh.com/Default.asp

rogerb
09-29-2011, 09:19 PM
I got my RT from H.K. Powersports in Hooksett, N.H. Good people and knowledgeable. Not afraid to listen to customer. I show them stuff from Spyderlovers and they save it for future reference. My friend bought his from Robertson's in Sanford (on Mt. Hope heading for Lebanon) and has been treated good since he bought his in July. I tried to deal with Reynolds but they charge list for everything and no deals. I live in N. Waterboro on RT. 5 stop in some time. :thumbup:

dupontrob2000
09-30-2011, 05:30 AM
I got my RT from H.K. Powersports in Hooksett, N.H. Good people and knowledgeable. Not afraid to listen to customer. I show them stuff from Spyderlovers and they save it for future reference. My friend bought his from Robertson's in Sanford (on Mt. Hope heading for Lebanon) and has been treated good since he bought his in July. I tried to deal with Reynolds but they charge list for everything and no deals. I live in N. Waterboro on RT. 5 stop in some time. :thumbup:

I bought a Can-Am ATV from Robertsons in April. They were good to deal with but, there was no after sale follow up or anything from them. I did stop by there 2 weeks ago and test drove the Spyder. Chris is pretty good to deal with, but i have not dealt with anybody else there for parts or service yet. I definitely won't buy from Reynolds.

rogerb, I actually saw you and your granddaughter(?) in Falmouth one day this spring at an Irving and that's what actually got me looking into the RT.

gorcutt
10-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I bought my RTS from Huff Forest Products in Pittsfield Me.Service is very good. Nice prople to deal with.

New Sharon Spyder
10-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I have purchased two Spyders from North Country Harley in Augusta, Maine. I had a 08 RS and now own a 2010 RT. I have had great service. I have never been back for any problem with either one other than schedule maintainence however. They are on Rt3 just outside of Augusta as you were headed to Belfast. I give them a thumbs up!!:thumbup:

jhm77
06-24-2013, 10:00 AM
I would stay away from Robertson's in Sanford. I have heard about a few bad experiences with service. We even had an issue there last week. had to be towed, wouldn't shift out of first. that was the closest dealer. turns out there were blown fuses and relays from water getting inside the fuse box on the left side. they replaced the fuses but made no effort to correct the problem, which is the water getting in. The nearest dealer from us besides them is an hour away...... I would gladly make the trip to be sure the job is done right.

On a positive note.... Rt 3A motorsports in Chelmsford MA has been great to us and are even driving here to help solve this issue.

HampRider
06-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Anyone have any good dealer experiences or problems. I'm looking to get a RT-S in the spring and don't mind driving a little bit to find a good dealer. Any one in particular i should avoid or horror stories.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Rob

our favorite people are the team at Fort Kent Skidoo - best service in Maine. Been dealing with them for many years on sleds and spyders - call and speak with Frank for spyder pricing and information, Brett for service - the whole team is on top of it.

crossbowme
06-26-2013, 10:53 AM
I have purchased two Spyders from North Country Harley in Augusta, Maine. I had a 08 RS and now own a 2010 RT. I have had great service. I have never been back for any problem with either one other than schedule maintenance however. They are on Rt 3 just outside of Augusta as you were headed to Belfast. I give them a thumbs up!!:thumbup:

I have bought 2 ATV and 2 MC from them and they all get serviced there. I have had great service by sales and the shop. They're not the cheapest in town but from my experience, they're the best. I have just one concern - their service manager, Ron, has left them. He was/is extremely knowledgeable and I don't know what his loss might do to the service end. They do seem to turn people over frequently there.

EnjoyingTheRyde
06-26-2013, 04:22 PM
I have bought 2 ATV and 2 MC from them and they all get serviced there. I have had great service by sales and the shop. They're not the cheapest in town but from my experience, they're the best. I have just one concern - their service manager, Ron, has left them. He was/is extremely knowledgeable and I don't know what his loss might do to the service end. They do seem to turn people over frequently there.

We bought both of our Spyders from North Country with good experiences in both sales and service but that came after a long conversation with Pat, the general Manager. You are correct about Ron though, he is very knowledgeable and will be missed I'm sure.

safecracker
06-27-2013, 08:06 PM
I bought my 2011RTS SM5 from Frank. I travel around Central and Northern Maine for work. I stop by all the Ski-Doo dealerships to say hello. My wife where on vacation last August to do some atving in the "Valley". After unloading and checking into the Northern Door Inn, we decided to cruise on over to the Ski-Doo shop. Wife and I had been talking about Spyders for a year or so. A week earlier we had stopped at Huff's in Pittsfield,(which is only 21 miles from my house), anyway we looked at a couple and what surprised us was they didn't offer to let us take a test ride that day. At Ft. Kent Ski-Doo, Frank asked us right off the bat to take their blue RTS, SE5 for a test ride. He said it has over a half a tank of gas in it, Frank said go use it up. We did. We spent 1.5 hours riding it around the "Valley". We fell in love with the Spyder. When we got back we looked around a saw their 2011 RTS SM5, demo we asked what the price was. We worked out a great deal.
I have been back once for a ACS problem but was corrected in no time. I have an appointment for 9:00 on Monday morning. Need to get the seat cover replaced and right side rear speaker replaced. I also am having a new rear tire installed. One of the best things i like about them is, easy to deal with, and I can be in the shop when they are working on the Spyder. ;)

Abbot Spyder
06-28-2013, 05:14 AM
[I deal with Huff forest product. Very nice people to deal with, fair, honest, and pleasant family.
I would recommend Huff if you are in the central maine area. :ani29:

Lin
06-28-2013, 08:23 AM
I purchased from daSilva Motorsports in Hampstead, NH. http://www.dasilvamotorsports.com/ I wanted a leftover he had but was a couple days late . Someone else snagged it first. He did, however, find another for me at the same good price. Also, shortly after my purchase, I was driving by in my cage and wanted to ask a couple of questions. They had just closed and the mechanic was in his truck and had already left the property, but took the time to stop and talk with me about my concerns. No complaints here.