PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Chapter Name Vote Poll

Hawk
09-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Please keep the voting to Georgia residents. If you are a non GA resident, you are free to offer suggestions in the thread, please just don't vote. Here is your choices. Will leave the poll open for a couple of weeks.

Hawk
09-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Bump for more votes!!!

Lamonster
09-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Georgia SpyderLovers? I'm sure Mark at CAT could help you out with a logo like he did the other chapters. :doorag:

Yol Bolsun
09-27-2011, 10:24 AM
A lightbulb turned on in my feeble brain. Technically, I would think that SpyderLovers and Spyder Ryders are essential 'trademark'ed and therefore could be subject to some usage restrictions by others. Spyder Ryders (http://spyderryders.com/) (with a 'y') is already the name of what is essentially a west coast forum. Would the Georgia Chapter usage of "Spyder Ryders" in the name be an infringement of any sort?

GASpyderLady
09-27-2011, 11:42 PM
A lightbulb turned on in my feeble brain. Technically, I would think that SpyderLovers and Spyder Ryders are essential 'trademark'ed and therefore could be subject to some usage restrictions by others. Spyder Ryders (http://spyderryders.com/) (with a 'y') is already the name of what is essentially a west coast forum. Would the Georgia Chapter usage of "Spyder Ryders" in the name be an infringement of any sort?

I Googled (now a verb as well as a noun) Spyder Ryder and there are at least seven groups/sites etc. using Sypder Ryder (s) in the name. Does any one know much about the Spyder Ryders of America ? Looks like they are an umbrella organization with local chapters? I am not a lawyer but this does not look like trouble. Maybe Mark from Cat, that may help with the logo should be able to give us an unofficial opinion.

I like the structure suggested in a post before this one that suggests a general Georgia Spyder group that meets quarterly with more localized groups meeting monthly - maybe connected with the dealers. Good basis to begin...

Yol Bolsun
10-02-2011, 08:13 AM
BUMP

Johnny-B
10-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I do know about MC's and this is going to be some sort of association, as long as no MC or 3-piece patch or legal trade-mark this is still a Free Country that I did serve my time and retire, I feel we can use what is agreed upon, as I have made a custom plate for the front of my pick-up in black background and chrome lettering saying Spyder Ryder.

Hawk
10-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Poll closes this morning, so if you have not voted, now is the time.

MarkLawson
10-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Georgia SpyderLovers? I'm sure Mark at CAT could help you out with a logo like he did the other chapters. :doorag:

Lamont, I like the 'Georgia SpyderLovers' idea & am a loyal fan of the forum, but have a couple of concerns...

Since you own the SpyderLovers name, my concern with the 'Georgia SpyderLovers' is any restrictions you may feel compelled to place on us if you are not in agreement with how we decide to use or publish the name.
What if you decide to take the forum (& name) in a direction that we as a club would not support, or shut it down completely, what happens then?
Also, if sometime down the road, the SpyderLovers name get entangled in a legal or liability issue, could we also be drug into it?

Stuff to consider...

Hawk
10-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Lamont, I like the 'Georgia SpyderLovers' idea & am a loyal fan of the forum, but have a couple of concerns...

Since you own the SpyderLovers name, my concern with the 'Georgia SpyderLovers' is any restrictions you may feel compelled to place on us if you are not in agreement with how we decide to use or publish the name.
What if you decide to take the forum (& name) in a direction that we as a club would not support, or shut it down completely, what happens then?
Also, if sometime down the road, the SpyderLovers name get entangled in a legal or liability issue, could we also be drug into it?
Stuff to consider...

Well, it looks like most people voted for Georgia Spyder Riders anyway.

Lamonster
10-10-2011, 09:48 AM

Stuff to consider...First off this is not my first club site and the use of the name is nothing more than that. This is not a legally binding contract. Sounds like the vote is going another direction anyway so big deal. :doorag:

Yol Bolsun
10-10-2011, 08:36 PM
:congrats: Georgia Spyder Riders it is. :2excited:

Such is my feeble attempt via Powerpoint. Now we need an artist! Lamont suggested Mark at CAT. Also, what do we want? front patch? arm patch? back patch? what size(s)?

Someone with more experience in 'clubs', chime in here.

Anyone willing to coordinate this effort?

BTW, we also have an email address, gaspyderriders@gmail.com. Not sure what it will be used for but went ahead and got it.

Yol Bolsun
10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
A special thanks to Hawk (Mike) for getting the following.

http://www.gaspyderriders.com/

Still under construction and open to input from all as to what we should post on it.

I have communicated with Lamont in that we would likely use the Georgia forum of SpyderLovers.com for most of our communications with a link to it from OUR home page (subject to change if participation/growth dictates. He is in concurrence.

Hawk (Mike) is our webmaster. :2thumbs:

Hawk
10-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Hawk (Mike) is our webmaster. :2thumbs:

Not much of one, I'm afraid, lol.