PDA

View Full Version : October Meet in Augusta

Yol Bolsun
09-26-2011, 08:43 AM
OK, let's get this going. I have heard from Oldandgrouchy and he thinks he will have some spare time on his hands.:D

Carolina Ale House (are reservations required)
Date. 22 or 29 October
Dealership visit?
How are we getting to Augusta?

Oldandgrouchy, will you take the lead on the Augusta end?

Yol Bolsun
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
22 October is a better date - less Halloween craziness (unless that is what is being sought).

Ga Blue Knight
09-26-2011, 10:01 AM
OK, let's get this going. I have heard from Oldandgrouchy and he thinks he will have some spare time on his hands.:D

Carolina Ale House (are reservations required)
Date. 22 or 29 October
Dealership visit?
How are we getting to Augusta?

Oldandgrouchy, will you take the lead on the Augusta end?

Sure,

On October 22 we will meet for lunch (11:00 am) in Augusta at the Carolina Ale House located off of the Walton Way exit on I-20 East. The address is 203 Robert C. Daniels jr Parkway, Augusta and the phone is# 706 333-0019. No reservations needed and there is motorcycle parking right up against the outdoor seating area. When you get off on the exit turn right and the resturant is in the parking lot to your right.

A good route for you folks out west to get here (if you did not want to drone on I-20) would be to follow Rt 78 through Athens and the smaller towns until Rt 78 crosses I-20 in Thomson Ga. Then get on I-20 East for the last 25 miles or so.

After lunch we can do a short tour of downtown Augusta and the Old Confederate Powder Works and the Savannah River Canal winding up at the Can Am Dealer on Washington Road which just replaced most of their staff and wants to meet and greet us Spyder lovers. They said that they will do something special but I am not sure what.

PM me if you have any special needs or requests or just need to say hi.
Joe Cohen (Oldandgrouchy)

MarkLawson
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
I like the 22nd, but reserve the right to have my wife change my mind...

Hawk
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
We were going camping that weekend. Arrrgggg!!!!! Decisions, decisions.

bruceofthebronx
09-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Six Grandkids in NY that we are going to see that weekend. Ride safe, Peace.

sewnonnie
09-26-2011, 07:20 PM
We (Yol Bolsun and I) are planning on it. I'm not sure if I will be ready to ride "Miss Daisy" that far, but I would really like to be good enough on the manual transmission to attempt it. I will check with my employer (Walton EMC), on 78 outside of Monroe, to see if we can use the parking lot as an intermediate meeting place.

budman
09-26-2011, 07:27 PM
budman/weiserwoman are looking forward to it the 22nd would be better we think also. Hope for a good turnout. see ya all thier...:ani29:

silver fox
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Siler Fox will be set to ride on 22Oct

GASpyderLady
09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Working on making it work . May have to meet you in Athens -- my son is supposed to be at a competition that am in Athens. Need to arrange things because I would love to make it.

GASpyderLady
09-26-2011, 11:47 PM
We (Yol Bolsun and I) are planning on it. I'm not sure if I will be ready to ride "Miss Daisy" that far, but I would really like to be good enough on the manual transmission to attempt it. I will check with my employer (Walton EMC), on 78 outside of Monroe, to see if we can use the parking lot as an intermediate meeting place.

You should be fine by then. If you get tired just trade with hubby. Might want to have the risers on by then if you haven't already. I am looking forward to riding together again.

Ga Blue Knight
09-27-2011, 05:56 AM
Well the ride and meet is starting to come together. The Carolina Ale House is non reservation so feel free to come at the last minute if you can't decide. All are welcome and the restaurant can hold hundreds of folks! I am getting with the dealer and trying to contact folks here in the area to let them know about the meet as well.

After we eat and visit a while we can do a very short ride around some of the historical sites in Augusta (20 miles total) and then wind up at the local dealer for hopefully free goodies and desert.

If anyone needs more information please PM me and I will be glad to help out. If anyone wants to stay over until Sunday there are plenty on good hotels for $35 to $50.

TuckMiddle
09-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Well the ride and meet is starting to come together. The Carolina Ale House is non reservation so feel free to come at the last minute if you can't decide. All are welcome and the restaurant can hold hundreds of folks! I am getting with the dealer and trying to contact folks here in the area to let them know about the meet as well.

After we eat and visit a while we can do a very short ride around some of the historical sites in Augusta (20 miles total) and then wind up at the local dealer for hopefully free goodies and desert.

If anyone needs more information please PM me and I will be glad to help out. If anyone wants to stay over until Sunday there are plenty on good hotels for $35 to $50.

Tuck and maybe Nancy will be there. Sounds good. If any NW/West GA folks want to meet, please put it on here and we can have a "convoy!" I like being called "Junior member" - everyone else thinks I'm an old guy.

Ga Blue Knight
09-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Well it looks like about 12 folks so far and maybe 7 bikes hard to figure it out. It does not make a difference though. Room for everyone! I would like to know if your going just for planning use so if you are going and have not sent a reply please do. For those who already have thanks! And looking forward to meeting you all!:2thumbs:

sewnonnie
09-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Walton EMC on hwy 78 @ Mt. Vernon, will let us have a gathering point on the way to Augusta. If this is something those of you that are passing thi direction, we can set a meet time later. Walton EMC is 5 miles out of Monroe on the way to Athens.

MarkLawson
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
My sweet bride will be in Chicago visiting her sister, so I guess I'll be by myself on this ride...

Pandy
09-27-2011, 11:32 PM
If you can stand some South Carolina interlopers, we were planning to take US78 all the way to Stone Mountain anyway on that weekend. Maybe see you there. Augusta, that is.

Patrick

Yol Bolsun
09-28-2011, 05:39 AM
If you can stand some South Carolina interlopers, we were planning to take US78 all the way to Stone Mountain anyway on that weekend. Maybe see you there. Augusta, that is.

Patrick

You will be more than welcome. :2thumbs: Hope to see several SC Spyder (or other MC) riders show up. First importance is riding.

Besides, it would be a nice halfway/lunch stop for you.

Yol Bolsun
09-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey y'all. Pandy made me start thinking. Since Augusta is a 'border city', what say we post an invite over on the South Carolina side of the forum?

Looking to the future, might do the same with other border states.

MarkLawson
09-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey y'all. Pandy made me start thinking. Since Augusta is a 'border city', what say we post an invite over on the South Carolina side of the forum?

Looking to the future, might do the same with other border states.

Sure, the more the merrier!

Ga Blue Knight
09-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Sounds like the beginning of Georgiafest!! Let's go for it :2thumbs:

Seriously everyone's welcome even if on only two wheels! It should be a great weekend to ride as the temperature is moving into fall mode and it should be a very pleasant ride.

Those of you in South Carolina are also more than welcome, as was pointed out earlier Augusta is a border town with half of the city actually in South Carolina!

Ga Blue Knight
09-29-2011, 05:40 AM
So a quick and non scientific estimate is that we will have 17 folks on 13 Spyders so far. Hopefully we will get some more SC folks as well!

Johnny-B
09-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Dang, saw ya tonite Oldandgrouchy (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?6239-Oldandgrouchy) at the ale-house and didn't know until now, Johnny-B and Sandy-B on black RT-S

GASpyderLady
09-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Darn, I am going to have to bow out because of the 22 vs 29 date. I am riding to NC's Lake Eden Arts Festival the weekend of the 22nd. At least I will still be on the Spyder - have reservations and tickets with another person.... Will have to catch all of you another time.

Kestrel
09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Planning to make the Augusta meeting

Sparky

Yol Bolsun
09-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Darn, I am going to have to bow out because of the 22 vs 29 date. I am riding to NC's Lake Eden Arts Festival the weekend of the 22nd. At least I will still be on the Spyder - have reservations and tickets with another person.... Will have to catch all of you another time.

So the Georgia Spyder ??? have been relegated to a single entity, a person, if you will and are taking second place?

What the heck, have fun and know that we are thinking of you.

GASpyderLady
10-01-2011, 01:38 AM
So the Georgia Spyder ??? have been relegated to a single entity, a person, if you will and are taking second place?

What the heck, have fun and know that we are thinking of you.

It was a tough choice - but we have tickets and all.... If it was my son's competition weekend I could have gotten around it with someone else driving him. In this case I have way too much going on in October something every weekend -- the only thing that will change my crazy October is - well, my mother is in Hospice care in the nursing home, (one day is great the next is poor and the third is good again). My hat is off to the angles of the Hospice process.

Pandy
10-03-2011, 02:44 AM
34088We now have firmer plans for the meetup. We will try to bring along some other Spyderists (Roadsterists?) from our neck of the woods in coastal SC. We will be meeting up with you all then plan to spend the night somewhere in the Augusta Aiken area before proceeding to Stone Mtn. Oh, speaking of Aiken, anyone ever been to Spider Web SC? Little park southwest of Aiken. I'll try to find my pics from there and post. Or, has anyone been to Harlem Ga, for the Oliver Hardy birthplace tour? Well by any road, ride to eat, eat to ride....

Patrick

Hawk
10-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Okay, me and Tammy are coming now. I had to reschedule the camping!!!

Ga Blue Knight
10-03-2011, 10:45 AM
So my current guestimate is about 22 folks on about 15 bikes! Looking good folks keep getting the word out to friends on three or two wheels. We can always use a few converts!

lovinlife
10-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Looking forward to joining you all in Augusta!

Yol Bolsun
10-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Minor deviation from OldandGrouchy.

Meet at Walton EMC at 0800 (G & BE), avoid Athens, going through Watkinsville. joining 78 again through Lexington, Washington, Thomson and Harlem into Augusta.

G&BE - Gassed and Bladder Empty;)

Yol Bolsun
10-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Looking forward to joining you all in Augusta!

Welcome aboard. Join us for the ride or see you there.

Johnny-B
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I live outside Harlem in Grovetown, welcome to call me and will meet and guide you in if needed. pm for number

MarkLawson
10-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Minor deviation from OldandGrouchy.

Meet at Walton EMC at 0800 (G & BE), avoid Athens, going through Watkinsville. joining 78 again through Lexington, Washington, Thomson and Harlem into Augusta.

G&BE - Gassed and Bladder Empty;)

I'll try to be there!

MikeinGA
10-06-2011, 08:53 PM
The 22nd looks good for me and my wife.

Mike and Sharon

Yol Bolsun
10-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Sounds good Doc, might tag up with JohnnyB (another old swabbie). He is planning to pick us up somewhere therebouts and lead us on in.

Ms Daisy will be there:2thumbs:.

GA-SPYDER
10-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Somebody told me that there was a :spyder2: invasion in Augusta!
Got a couple of friends that are also riding GS's. Will let them know about the 22nd meet.
The wife and I will be there. She will be on two wheels.

Gotta get on the forum more often!

Carl and Karen

Johnny-B
10-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Just saw the Augusta Harley Dealer is also having a car and bike show on the 22nd, may want to wander over there after Tomberlin stop, I always get great compliments when I pull in and even more when the cost is cheaper than an Ultra, imagine all the :spyder2:'s pulling in at one time, may have to take over whole parking lot. will have live band, food and vendors too.

tobor9
10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Sofia(SDM) and I were planing to come together, but it looks like Sofia can't get the day off{she works a 12hr shift Sat. and Sun. night} but since i'm retired i'm planning to be there to represent Charleston,SC SpYders.

Ga Blue Knight
10-11-2011, 04:48 AM
Just saw the Augusta Harley Dealer is also having a car and bike show on the 22nd, may want to wander over there after Tomberlin stop, I always get great compliments when I pull in and even more when the cost is cheaper than an Ultra, imagine all the :spyder2:'s pulling in at one time, may have to take over whole parking lot. will have live band, food and vendors too.

Hey Johnny B! If we all went to the Harley bike and car show we would most likely out number the HD customers three to one by the way things are going over there lately! Let's talk about it over lunch at the Carolina Ale House!

Well it looks like this is going to be a pretty large event! I've lost count exactly but I would not be surprised if we had at least 50 folks and 35 :spyder2:! :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Yol Bolsun
10-11-2011, 07:01 AM
I invited a Martinez HD rider to join us.;)

Kestrel
10-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Stopped in the dealership yesterday --

Would we go there after lunch/after the ride?

Tomberlin Outdoors on Washington Road in Augusta.

Sparky

Yol Bolsun
10-11-2011, 08:52 AM
I think this is working finally. On the Canam/BRP community map (http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/community/spyderryder-map.aspx#lat=33.56199537293026&lng=-82.078857421875&zoom=9&tabId=events_share/events).

Sparky, check with Oldandgrouchy. He is our lead this time.

GA-SPYDER
10-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Hey Johnny-B,
I think that would be a great idea! The parking lot is not real big, but, we could pack em in! The wife and I have been to some functions there, along with other friends.
Still working on the two other GS's to show up. Hope the weather holds up!:thumbup:

Carl and Karen

Ga Blue Knight
10-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Stopped in the dealership yesterday --

Would we go there after lunch/after the ride?

Tomberlin Outdoors on Washington Road in Augusta.

Sparky

Hey Sparks, the informal agenda is to meet around 11:00 am at the Carolina Ale House, mill about waiting for folks to gather up and then go have some lunch at 11:30 am. About 12:45 or so get all geared up and leave for Tomberlin (Can Am Dealer). Arrive around 1:00 or so. I expect after an hour we will be ready to do something else so we can then go for a short ride around downtown, the powder works, canal etc and then head up to the Harley dealer for the car and bike show. That way folks will be near the I 20 entrance for the return home.

bruceofthebronx
10-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Wish we could be there but there's always a next time. Be thinking about ya, eat something for me. Peace.

Bruce & Marilyn.

GASpyderLady
10-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Have a look at this for those who may want to make it an overniight or late day.
Can not seem to post the link from my tablet- www.georgiacarolinastatefair.org
Ends the day after out get together.

Ga Blue Knight
10-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Have a look at this for those who may want to make it an overniight or late day.
Can not seem to post the link from my tablet- www.georgiacarolinastatefair.org
Ends the day after out get together.

We can do a drive by during the ride downtown the fair site is pretty much just outside of the downtown area. You can't miss it just follow your nose!:sour:

MarkLawson
10-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Hey Guys, I drove to Oklahoma City today to visit with my sister who is in the hospital. I hope to be back home by the middle to latter part of the week & in Augusta Saturday. She'shaving heart valve surgery Monday or Tuesday & I'll be staying until after the surgery & when I know she'll be OK, so don't know for sure when I'll be able to leave for home.

Doc says this is a "difficult" surgery, so would really appreciate your prayers.

Thanks!

Ga Blue Knight
10-16-2011, 04:23 AM
Mark, I am so sorry to hear about your sisters surgery. My prayers for a safe operation and speedy recovery go out to her and your family. With the good lord willing I am sure she will be fine.

Augusta isn't going anywhere there will be other rides and Ga meets. Right now you're needed by your family so if you make it fine but if the time to return is close please don't worry!

Spyderman_09
10-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Hello people my wife Bonnie & I (Frank) are planning to do this if it will be on the 22nd. of October. Please advise us....Also looking for other Spyder's in the Cumming, Dawsonville, Gainesville & Canton Areas. We purchased ours new in 2009.

sewnonnie
10-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Hello people my wife Bonnie &amp; I (Frank) are planning to do this if it will be on the 22nd. of October. Please advise us....Also looking for other Spyder's in the Cumming, Dawsonville, Gainesville &amp; Canton Areas. We purchased ours new in 2009.<BR><BR>Yes the ride is this Saturday, October 22nd. We would love to have you and Bonnie, as well as any other spyder riders in your area. If you want to avoid the interstate, we have some intermediate ride meeting stops on the way.&nbsp;These stops&nbsp;are Walton EMC parking lot on Hwy 78 at Mount Vernon (between Monroe and Athens) at 8:00am and Harlem at about 10:20am, arriving at Carolina Ale House about 11:00. <BR><BR>Melanie

GA-SPYDER
10-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Hey Guys, I drove to Oklahoma City today to visit with my sister who is in the hospital. I hope to be back home by the middle to latter part of the week & in Augusta Saturday. She'shaving heart valve surgery Monday or Tuesday & I'll be staying until after the surgery & when I know she'll be OK, so don't know for sure when I'll be able to leave for home.

Doc says this is a "difficult" surgery, so would really appreciate your prayers.

Thanks!
Hello Mark,
I went through a Mitral valve repair in March at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. Total time in the hospital was 1 day before and 3 days after....and then a long ride back to GA. Recovery and back to work in 3 weeks. If the procedure is non-invasive, the recovery time is much faster, verses open heart.
Good luck to your sister. Hope to see you in Augusta.
Carl and Karen Patton

GASpyderLady
10-17-2011, 08:29 AM

Thanks!

Will have all of your family in my prayers. Sometimes sitting in the waiting area can be as hard for the family as the surgery is for the patient. In order to be strong for them - be sure to take care of yourself.

sewnonnie
10-17-2011, 12:49 PM

Thanks!

You and yor sister and your family are in my prayers. Would love to see you in Augusta, but family always comes first. take care.

MarkLawson
10-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Looks like the surgery will be delayed several weeks. There's some lung issues that have to be resolved first. I expect to be home either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Spyderman_09
10-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Looking forward to meeting in Monroe.

<BR><BR>Yes the ride is this Saturday, October 22nd. We would love to have you and Bonnie, as well as any other spyder riders in your area. If you want to avoid the interstate, we have some intermediate ride meeting stops on the way.&nbsp;These stops&nbsp;are Walton EMC parking lot on Hwy 78 at Mount Vernon (between Monroe and Athens) at 8:00am and Harlem at about 10:20am, arriving at Carolina Ale House about 11:00. <BR><BR>Melanie

Ga Blue Knight
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Mark sorry that the surgery had to be delayed I hope it all works out for the best. On the other hand I'm glad you will be at Augusta so we can meet. It looks like it's going to be a wild event.

Daisyjoe
10-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Will be coming up from Midway, Ga. Excited about being around other Spyders.:clap::D

Ga Blue Knight
10-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Glad to have you Daisyjoe, welcome!

I've lost an exact count on how many are coming but I guess it's around 30 or so Spyders and perhaps over 50 folks, it's just amazing. I think that the Georgia Group is just great and has the potential to be one of the largest active riding bunch on the Forum.

Hawk
10-19-2011, 07:35 AM
I am not sure if me and tammy will be able to make it after all. The past 3 weeks have not been good. Her mother was in really bad shape and she flew up to be with her (she is getting better now). During this same time, I found out I had a blood clot in my leg. I have been giving myself blood thinner shots in my stomach for 2 weeks (not fun). Then our family dog had to have surgery to remove his gal bladder last week. He is finally home, but not in the best shape. Plus I am not sure if I can make a 6+ (round trip) hour drive on my leg. Will have to see how it goes by the end of the week.

Yol Bolsun
10-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Mike; Take care of yourselves. There WILL be more rides with the Georgia Spyder Riders in the future.

MarkLawson
10-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Wow Mike! Looks like I need to be praying for you & your family.

I made it home today. You guys sure let it get cold while I was gone! Should be on the ride Saturday.

Mike, make wise decisions concerning your health.

sewnonnie
10-20-2011, 04:49 AM
I am not sure if me and tammy will be able to make it after all. The past 3 weeks have not been good. Her mother was in really bad shape and she flew up to be with her (she is getting better now). During this same time, I found out I had a blood clot in my leg. I have been giving myself blood thinner shots in my stomach for 2 weeks (not fun). Then our family dog had to have surgery to remove his gal bladder last week. He is finally home, but not in the best shape. Plus I am not sure if I can make a 6+ (round trip) hour drive on my leg. Will have to see how it goes by the end of the week.

Take care, Mike. I hope Tammy's mom is on the mend and your dog is doing better. We will miss you. Your health is more important than this ride. We will catch you on the next one.

Hawk
10-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Thanks everyone!! Sorry to get the thread off topic!! Had to put Sarge back in the vet last night. Does not look good. :( Hope you guys have an awesome time!!!

Ga Blue Knight
10-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Wow Mike you sure have a lot on your plate! Take care of you and your family first. The way things are coming together with the Ga Spyders or whatever we call ourselves there will be plenty of rides and get togethers I am sure. My prayers for your health and you families well being.

Ga Blue Knight
10-20-2011, 06:34 AM
For those coming to Augusta the forecast is for sunny conditions, 71 degrees by mid day and around 55-65 for your ride, dress accordingly for your safety please!

We will be going to the dealer right after lunch where they are going to raffle of several small items including a grand prize that will knock you sox off all sponsored by BRP! (no not a new RT!) I also believe that they may have tee shirts for attendees.

Call my cell phone for any emergencies. It's located in my profile under Instant Messaging at the ICQ number.

Yol Bolsun
10-20-2011, 08:38 AM
We will be going to the dealer right after lunch where they are going to raffle of several small items including a grand prize that will knock you sox off all sponsored by BRP! (no not a new RT!) I also believe that they may have tee shirts for attendees.

:lecturef_smilie: :2excited: :thumbup:

MarkLawson
10-20-2011, 12:41 PM
For those coming to Augusta the forecast is for sunny conditions, 71 degrees by mid day and around 55-65 for your ride, dress accordingly for your safety please!

Call my cell phone for any emergencies. It's located in my profile under Instant Messaging at the ICQ number.

They're forecasting about 40 degrees when I leave Snellville @ 7:00 Saturday morning. BRRRR!

Johnny-B
10-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I talked with Donna at Harley Dealership and lot will be full for the car and bike show, They are using the church parking lot next door for other bikes and cars and will have a separate area for all the:spyder2:'s to park together:thumbup:

Ga Blue Knight
10-20-2011, 05:21 PM
I talked with Donna at Harley Dealership and lot will be full for the car and bike show, They are using the church parking lot next door for other bikes and cars and will have a separate area for all the:spyder2:'s to park together:thumbup:

Well we can do the HD car and bike show right after the Can Am dealer or we can do a quick ride around Augusta Downtown and then do the car and bike show, any thoughts? No need to decide right now we can talk it over at the Carolina Ale House. Its all good! There will be plenty of time to do it all Augusta Is not that big a city and easy to motor around.

My son and I will be at the Carolina Ale House around 10:30 or so, look for us, me moon silver RS him bloody red RS

Yol Bolsun
10-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Keep in mind that many of us will still have a LOOnngg ride back home.

Personally, I am liking lunch, ride to dealership, and maybe trip around Augusta. Kinda depends on how late in the afternoon it is getting to be.

Ga Blue Knight
10-20-2011, 10:49 PM
The ride to downtown is quite short and only about 25 min. I plan to end it right by I20 so folks can start home if they want to. If some folks want to go on to the HD bike and car show we can also work that out as well.

Yol Bolsun
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
For those planning on meeting Melanie (sewnonnie) and I at Walton EMC for the ride out to Augusta, here is what I have loaded in the GPS. If anyone wants a copy of the .gpx file, email or pm me. Depending on how many show up, we may split into two or more groups (just my thought). Sorry Mark, still do not have a CB (but thinking about one).

Carolina Ale House from Walton EMC
Walton EMC, 842 Highway 78 NW, Monroe, GA 30655-4475
Lat 33.835478° - Long -83.643870°
Time Mile Instruction For
8:00 AM 0 Depart Walton EMC on Local road(s) (South-West) 98 yds
8:30 AM 15.9 At Watkinsville, stay on US-441 Bus [SR-15] (South) 0.2 mi
8:41 AM 23.4 At near Rutherford, stay on Bob Godfrey Rd (South-East) 0.7 mi
8:52 AM 30.3 Turn RIGHT (East) onto US-78 [SR-10] 5.5 mi
9:00 AM 35.9 At Lexington, stay on US-78 [SR-10] (South-East) 26.0 mi
9:30 AM 61.9 Keep RIGHT onto Local road(s) 76 yds
9:31 AM 61.9 At Washington, road name changes to US-78 [SR-10] 23.6 mi
9:56 AM 85.5 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-17 [Main St] 1.2 mi
9:58 AM 86.7 At Thomson, stay on SR-17 [Main St] (South) 2.4 mi
10:01 AM 89.1 Turn LEFT (East) onto Wire Rd 4.1 mi
10:06 AM 93.2 Turn RIGHT (South-East) onto US-278 2.3 mi
10:09 AM 95.5 At Dearing, stay on US-278 [US-78] (East) 4.7 mi
[U]10:16 AM 100.2 At Harlem, stay on US-278 (East) 8.9 mi
[U]10:26 AM 109.1 At US-278, Grovetown, GA 30813, stay on US-278 (North-East) 6.7 mi
10:33 AM 115.7 Turn LEFT (North) onto N Leg Rd 1.3 mi
10:39 AM 119 Turn LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 10 yds
10:40 AM 119 Turn LEFT (South) onto Walton Way Ext 0.1 mi
10:41 AM 119.2 Turn RIGHT (West) onto Local road(s) 32 yds
[U]Arrive Carolina Ale House [203 Robert C Daniel Jr Pkwy, Augusta, GA

MarkLawson
10-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Found my Gerbing electrics and will be warm on my way to Augusta tomorrow morning! YAY!

Yol Bolsun
10-22-2011, 07:01 PM
My very sincere thank yous to all who made this second meeting of the Georgia Spyder Riders a memorable event. Thanks to Oldandgrouchy for finessing Tomberlin Powersports! Who'd a thunk it. T-shirts for everyone and special prizes up to and including a leather Can-Am jacket for the "out-of-the-helmet" few. A special thanks to Tomberlin Powersports for getting BRPs support.

By my count, 18 Spyders and two other motorcycles. About thirty people in all. :2thumbs:

Excellent food, some new friends and many old ones. Hope to do this sort of thing many more times in the future.

MarkLawson
10-22-2011, 07:45 PM
My very sincere thank yous to all who made this second meeting of the Georgia Spyder Riders a memorable event. Thanks to Oldandgrouchy for finessing Tomberlin Powersports! Who'd a thunk it. T-shirts for everyone and special prizes up to and including a leather Can-Am jacket for the "out-of-the-helmet" few. A special thanks to Tomberlin Powersports for getting BRPs support.

By my count, 18 Spyders and two other motorcycles. About thirty people in all. :2thumbs:

Excellent food, some new friends and many old ones. Hope to do this sort of thing many more times in the future.

AMEN!

Hawk
10-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm so jealous!!!! Glad u guys had a great time!!!

tobor9
10-22-2011, 11:10 PM
:agree:We did:clap:

sewnonnie
10-23-2011, 07:58 AM
We enjoyed a great meeting in Augusta. Actually it was more a "meet and greet" than a meeting. I passed around minutes from the first meeting and will be posting them. Thank you, Tuck and Mark, with finding my error and helping me to correct it. I will start on the "minutes" fom this meeting today and try to have a quicker turnaround for posting.
Oldandgrouchy had a wonderful meal sight and day planned. I hope to be able to do the Augusta sights ride at another time. This was "Miss Daisy" first long excursion and her driver (me) was not ready for a bunch of shifting in town traffic. As much as I hate driving on the interstate, I did agree to do part of our ride home on I20. "Miss Daisy" can go REALLY FAST, when she has to. I sure love this Spyder Ryding!!!

Thanks to everyone that came out and to those who could not make it, I missed you and hope to ride with you soon.:)

GASpyderLady
10-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Could not be in two places, but i did/am having a wonderful weekend with friends and the riding is great. I want to see pictures of the day. When is the next gathering - need to put in on my calendar.

Glad all of you had a great day and safe riding.

Ga Blue Knight
10-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Pictures should be on the way as Sparky practically wore out her cell phone! We definitely felt like rock stars with all of the photography

It appears that we are on the way to a third get together but it was suggested that until the global warming returns in the spring that we meet later in the day, say 1:00 pm. This of course will shorten the ride time to return home. What are the thoughts out there?

Another suggestion is that local folks can get together monthly and we meet as a large group in the early spring.

Again thanks to all who made the ride it was a great time, the local dealer was really impressed with the group and the "hardcore rider attitude". This is very good for the Ga Riders to help Dealers in the state understand that we are both consumers and a force in the industry that needs to be worked with and not just there to be overcharged or taken advantage of.

Congratulations to those who won the raffles, 1 leather Can Am jacket, 1 Textile Can Am jacket, two sets of riding gloves, four Can Am technical shirts and a couple of hats. Also everyone got a tee shirt with a Spyder on the front!

Pennyrick
10-23-2011, 09:11 AM
We enjoyed a great meeting in Augusta. Actually it was more a "meet and greet" than a meeting. I passed around minutes from the first meeting and will be posting them. Thank you, Tuck and Mark, with finding my error and helping me to correct it. I will start on the "minutes" fom this meeting today and try to have a quicker turnaround for posting.
Oldandgrouchy had a wonderful meal sight and day planned. I hope to be able to do the Augusta sights ride at another time. This was "Miss Daisy" first long excursion and her driver (me) was not ready for a bunch of shifting in town traffic. As much as I hate driving on the interstate, I did agree to do part of our ride home on I20. "Miss Daisy" can go REALLY FAST, when she has to. I sure love this Spyder Ryding!!!

Thanks to everyone that came out and to those who could not make it, I missed you and hope to ride with you soon.:)

Melanie. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Glad your new ride is breaking you in properly.

DT

Daisyjoe
10-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Really enjoyed the get together yesterday. It was good to meet other Spyder lovers. The morning started out pretty brutal (39o), but mother nature co-operated for the rest of the day. Hats off (or should I say caps on since I was the winner of a Can Am cap) to the local Can Am dealer. They really made us feel welcome. I just wish I was close enough to use this dealership. I was glad that Doc Riverside rode along with me. It certainly made me feel more comfortable and the company was great.

Hopefully one of our meetings can take place somewhere in the Savannah area. April is a beautiful month with the azaleas and dogwoods blooming.

sewnonnie
10-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Looking forward to meeting in Monroe.

We missed you in Monroe and Augusta yesterday. Hope all is well.

Yol Bolsun
10-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Could not be in two places, but i did/am having a wonderful weekend with friends and the riding is great. I want to see pictures of the day. When is the next gathering - need to put in on my calendar.

Glad all of you had a great day and safe riding.

Hmmm.... How about YOU pick a date in the first quarter of next year and let us know where we will meet?

TuckMiddle
10-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I made it about 1/2 way home yesterday afternoon and stipped to visit with a friend of 40 years at Lake Jackson. Hard to believe anyone would put up with him (or me) for 40 years. Had a great visit. On the ride home this morning, I was following a "jacked up" Jeep south of Lawrenceville, not really not paying attention to the speed limit of 45, just behind him 100 yards or so. A Leo was facing us and turned on his lights as the Jeep passed, did a 180 so rapidly I thought he was going to turn his car over and really didn't miss me by much. Not knowing the real speed, not anything real fast, I kinda think he was going to get him for bumper height or ??? I mention this to remind us all to drive responsively and be extra sure to give yourself some room behind the traffic you're following. The good news here is that I slowed and passed well to the left as Leo got out of his car. He didn't wave me over, so only the Jeep guy was the perp in this case.

Keith and OldGrouchy et al did a good job getting the word out ref yesterday. I had talked with two folks that did not make it, we'll get them in attendence next time. I had a good time, and a darn fine meal and visit to Tomberlin Outdoor. Even won a shirt, besides the ones they gave out. Two new outfits for weddings and jail. :clap:

Let's not forget the local dealers. We've got one or more in the ATL area who're ready to help us. The one I talked to a little has a real nice area for meetings. I'd like to suggest that we look at a late Nov or early Dec Saturday or maybe a weekday evening or wait until Jan. Let's see if that would get the interest going by both the host and the attendees. They already sponsor a Triumph "club." Don't think the setup would be too convenient for a meal, but you never know. Don't want Keith spilling barbecue on the rug or falling into the fireplace.

I had a super time and the ride was excellent with Keith and Mike as my babysitters. :spyder2:

Tuck

sewnonnie
10-23-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm so jealous!!!! Glad u guys had a great time!!!

Just checking in. How are you, Tammy's mom and your dog doing? Missed you both.

Hawk
10-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Just checking in. How are you, Tammy's mom and your dog doing? Missed you both.

Tammy's mom is better, im getting there, and Sarge is still at vet. Hopefully we will get him tomorrow (again). I hope he stays well this time. May try to ride the Blue Bomber to work tomorrow.

MikeinGA
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
We had a great time. We got a bit cold riding from Mt. Airy, was 36 deg when we left at 8:00 am but half went up to 60 deg after we past Athens. We got some t-shirts and won a hat. I hope it's warmer in Nov.

Mike

Hawk Eye
10-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Sorry tat I missed the good time, and food had to be in Hilton Head. Maybe next time. I am glad a good time was had by all.

Hawk Eye :yes::doorag::doorag:

Yol Bolsun
10-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Hopefully one of our meetings can take place somewhere in the Savannah area. April is a beautiful month with the azaleas and dogwoods blooming.

Daisyjoe; Do you know Savannah well enough and are you willing to coordinate something for second quarter next year? - Keith

Ga Blue Knight
10-24-2011, 05:37 AM
Please count me in! Sounds like a plan:thumbup:

MarkLawson
10-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Daisyjoe; Do you know Savannah well enough and are you willing to coordinate something for second quarter next year? - Keith

When planning the Savannah meet, keep in mind that SpyderFest is in April (I think) , so please try to schedule in a way that doesn't conflict for those planning to go to Cuba, MO.

Yol Bolsun
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Spyderfest 2012 (http://http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31566) 25 - 29 APR 2012

Johnny-B
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
May want to talk to Sandy B. (wife) was born and raised in Savannah where I met her and took her to Florida then here, e-mail is scubadoll31@aol.com

GASpyderLady
10-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Hmmm.... How about YOU pick a date in the first quarter of next year and let us know where we will meet? Let me think on this one, but in the meantime...

A friend of mine's son is in this JROTC and I thought we could join in as a Spyder contingent.
As we get the GASpyder site up we could add a section for area rides?

http://www.atlantabiker.com/events/grizzlies-veterans-day-jrotc-ride-1st-annual-motorcycle-ride/556
Grizzlies Veterans’ Day JROTC Ride 1st Annual Motorcycle Ride Saturday, November 12, 2011
10 a.m.
Creekview High School Parking Lot
1550 Owens Store Road, Canton, GA 30115

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js/StaticMapService.GetMapImage?1m2&1i557093&2i835966&2e1&3u13&4m2&1u380&2u250&5m3&1e0&2b1&5sen-US&token=28542

Date: Saturday, November 12, 2011 Registration Time: 10:00A.M. - 11:00A.M. Ride Starts at 11:00A.M. and ends 2:00P.M. At Creekview High School Parking Lot Address: 1550 Owens Store Road Canton, GA 30115 Registration Donation of $25.00 per rider $10.00 for each additional rider per bike All The Proceeds Benefit JROTC Cadets On-line Registration Form www.cvbooster.net or email cvbooster@hotmail.com Cash Prize & 1 Round of Golf for 4 and Cart - 1st Place 1 Round of Golf for 4 and Cart - 2nd Place Door Prizes Given Away Drawing Starts @ 2:30P.M. If under 18, parent or guardian must also sign - Rain Or Shine

Yol Bolsun
10-25-2011, 07:47 AM
This looks like fun, unfortunately, Mel and I will be unavailable that weekend.

Ga Blue Knight
10-31-2011, 02:16 PM
If anyone has any photos of the Augusta meet how about posting them somewhere, please.

GA-SPYDER
11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Wife and I had a great time. Won the textile jacket and she won one of the shirts (in my size LOL).
Sure was glad to be able to put some faces to names. A great Saturday!
Kind of a side note, sold my beloved M109r this week so, now it is Spyder only!

Carl and Karen Patton

Ga Blue Knight
11-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Glad that you had a good time and lots of good loot!

Welcome to the Spyder only club!

Johnny-B
11-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Anybody get there items they won in the raffle?, won a set of gloves and not a word.

GA-SPYDER
11-21-2011, 10:39 PM
+1. Won a jacket and the wife won a shirt. Not a peep.
Carl

Ga Blue Knight
11-23-2011, 03:12 AM
I am out of the country right now but I will go over to Tomberlin and see what the holdup is on the delivery of the prize items. I assume that the issue is with BRP as Jessie the manager was really interested in getting the items for us. I'll be back in the US on Dec 4th and will post info ASAP

Johnny-B
11-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Got mine today!, look great, Thanks BRP and Tomberlin!!!

Ga Blue Knight
11-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Hey Johnnie B glad that you got the gloves. I figured that Tomberlin has the same issues with BRP delivery times as we do.

Yol Bolsun
11-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Got my shirt yesterday also.

GA-SPYDER
11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Got the shirt this past Wednesday. The jacket is still M.I.A.